Forums » General » Division 1A / 1B ?????

Messages for Division 1A / 1B ?????

Comment Posted by rockstar May 10, 2006 09:14 PM

understood that there are teams that need some players to play on two division one teams in order to have more teams up there....but lets try to keep this cross player mixing at a minimum please!!!!

when you put an 18 game schedule together....you get sick of seeing the same faces over and over....now that you have to see them on another team..it might just get real boring.....especially if they are going both ways on both the div 1A team and 1B team..you get two players like that on the team and thats like 1/3 of their line up.

you want more teams in Div 1 then stop picking apart the talent in the lower divisions so the division 2 teams have a chance to develop into a decent if not good division 1 team...

a division 2 team without there "STUDS" is simply that .. a team that stays in division 2!!!

mind you, thats one person's opinion!!!

Comment Posted by spider May 11, 2006 07:58 AM

Who is this guy?

This idea of moving teams up, and using 1A players not only benefits the 1B teams, it allows the 1A guys to look at new talent.

If there were no 1 b, there would only be 3 teams. Talk about sick of seeing the same faces.!
You contradict yourself.
Furthermore, half the teams in B would move back to C.

My plan of having 1a and 1b is brilliant, and will allow former B teams to play better competition, plus recruit from above, and strengthen ALLLL the competition in A

Furthermore, it opens up spots in B for the C teams, and again allows them to play better competition.

The plan rocks, rockstar, rocks.

Who are you anyway? Weren't you out of the league for the last 7 years?

-Mazur

Comment Posted by kirby May 11, 2006 09:00 AM

Having a 1A and 1B is fine, call them what you like. But having players play in both divisions and having their teams play against each other not once a year but 2 to 4 times per season plus the playoffs is far from brilliant.

rockstar made a couple good points.

Comment Posted by Will Hazell May 11, 2006 09:23 AM

Spider, I was with you until you tooted your own horn and called your plan "Brillant". Compliments are supposed to come from others... just like nicknames. While I think it's totally weird to have a player on 2 teams in the same division, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until the season is over.

Good to see you back Romano.

Comment Posted by avengers May 11, 2006 09:47 AM

While the situation is indeed not ideal, the alternative was to have a three team 1st division (meaning div 1 teams would play one another approximately 6 times per year), and we would not have solved the continued problem of parity in second division.

This solution was made to ensure parity in second division and have a more balanced schedule in division 1 (first div teams will play each team 3-4 times). This change also introduced the largest first division I can remember, and our second division also grew as a result (either directly or indirectly).

It is the hope of the executive that in future years the teams taking advantage of this rule will find additional players to fill out their rosters. Currently there is only one team taking advantage of this rule in division 1 - and I can guarantee that the Avengers will have no cross-over players.

Finally, this rule also is in effect for the current season only and will be reevaluated at the end of the year. Personally I think the rule makes both division 1 and division 2 better.

Hope that clears things up a bit

Jon

Comment Posted by Avengerman May 11, 2006 10:06 AM

Jon I want to play on a 5th team this year. I want to play with the Titan's, so I can be with my old Micronaught buddies Rick and Ramono.

Damian

Comment Posted by kirby May 11, 2006 10:09 AM

There are curently 3 teams, not 1, "taking advantage" of that rule as that is how many teams have multiple Div 1 players. Playoffs could present a major problem. I just think it's a little whacked. Can you go back and forth during the season when you're playing your other team or do you have to stick to that same team for all games against your other team?

Comment Posted by speed kills May 11, 2006 10:14 AM

I agree with kirby!! sure you have more teams but you will have pretty much all the same guys on different teams. I see the same thing in baseball it starts off with one or two teams then its everyone. The playoffs are a huge problem as who ever makes up the schedule could be biast making sure there pick ups show up for there games and not caring about the other teams. I don't think this was looked at thoroughly.

Comment Posted by speed kills May 11, 2006 10:17 AM

Plus when your pick ups play against there other team they may not play to potenetial trying to help out there other squad especially in the play off run. Just my two cents and no I haven't played in 7 years!

Comment Posted by rockstar May 11, 2006 11:03 AM

don't get me wrong..it happens to be a good idea that these teams were brought into division 1. but we're talking about division 2 teams that already had division 1 players on their original roster..thats fine with me...all i'm saying is lets try not to exploit this loop-hole.

already there are div 1A teams trying to recruit players from my first year Div 1B team. Should we be doing the same and grabbing a couple of division 1A players just to make us stronger? or do we play with what we have..gel as a team ...and move up to division 1A next year

Romano AKA "rockstar"

Comment Posted by spider May 11, 2006 11:14 AM

Yeah well there probably was a reason you were gone for 7 years!!!

Playoffs???, or when they play each other??? Pick! It's no big deal. We aren't making millions. Teams in elite are going to tank for what reason???Ya all make the playoffs, and the Championship always goes through the Assassins...ya got to play them eventually. I hear rec div calling.....take that classical guitar and sing those flowery folk songs somewhere else.

Didn't you play for the ratz??? Bergundy colored jerseys? as in whine???
Want some cheese with that?

The point is there will be stronger players available to help out for the majority of the season. And that sucks??? Naught!!!! I mean why would a team want to get better. Just let the Assassins keep on winning....forever!!!!

Geez could you imagine a few teams from Winnipeg, knocking off the Assassins!!!???Imagine how good they'd be Nationally. Winnipeg 4 teams in the top ten!???? That really sucks. Naught. Come on man get some kahooonas!!!

Would the guys who come up and down keep doing it forever???? Probably not. They'd probably find one team is more suited to their goals and play with them.

But when a decent 2nd div team sees this, and all they ned is four or so players to get real good, and they can get them...hmmmm that's a no brainer.

If ya want love and peace and equality to all, get out of elite, ya don't belong.

Hey baby! Only the strong survive!. It's elite dude...we eat our young. If ya can't hack it, try rec division!!!

Hey and Will,

Sorry dude!,

Give credit where credit is due. The Plan....Brilliant...fricken brilliant eh! Ya got to think outside the box. Don't be scared, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

If ya always do what ya have always done, you'll always get what ya always got.
Where's that leave ya!??

The gloves come off in 4 more sleeps

Comment Posted by rockstar May 11, 2006 11:27 AM

why yes i did play with them Ratz.. last i wore that jersey i believe it was winning a Provincial Championship.....

and had it not for Mr Telford retiring, you might still be eating that cheese
and crackers.....

Comment Posted by avengers May 11, 2006 11:41 AM

3 teams yes, but the call downs are all going to the same team - sounds like you need to do some recuiting in the offseason Kirbs! (hey its better than winning every game 50-6 in div 2 isn't it???)

Jon

Comment Posted by spider May 11, 2006 12:21 PM

Rockstar!!!

First it's "Rockstar"

then it's "Ratz wining"

Hey you're real name isn't Arnold is it???

Obviously, you are in an alternate world. That is some funny shite...Ratz...winning a provincial????What was that????1986???

That's funny Shite

Who are you?

Gawd that is funny!

Comment Posted by rockstar May 11, 2006 12:24 PM

haha ask darren yewchin he'll give you the heads up lol

Comment Posted by silver fox May 11, 2006 12:38 PM

Darrell,

It is one thing to disagree........but I don't believe your biases should be in this thread.

3 "Assassin" references in one post. You give new meaning to the term "natural hat trick".

How many sports leagues do you know whereby you can play on who knows how many teams in who knows how many divisions? I actually see points on both sides of this but I do think it takes away a little of the league's credibility.

Oh well, let's just play.

Comment Posted by kirby May 11, 2006 02:05 PM

Jon, it has nothing to do with what team I'm on or recruiting or call ups or call downs. I'd be saying the same thing if I all played for was the 'Canes.

The only point/opinion being made is that having players play on more than 1 team in the same division is a little wierd (whacked, a little funny, takes away from the league's credibility, however you want to say it).

Comment Posted by speed kills May 12, 2006 05:53 AM

Yea the ratz were a good team!!! the timberwolves were a good team!! I believe both of them beat the assasins! That rec div statement calling just plain sucks! Sure i haven't played in 7 years it was cause i broke my neck. However when i left i believe i was first in points for the elite div, have you ever done that? Maybe maybe not.... but rec come on.
Hack it that we can but your plan of taking multiple players on multiple teams it just isn't right! How do you figure out the stats? why would you keep stats will you have an asterix beside them saying they got all these points from multiple teams? thats just one point. ( stats mean nothing unless you win anyway but its just a point) i personaly willl speak for rockstar and myself we will not back down from another team especially the all mighty assasins!!
Keep in mind yes they are good I won't disagree with you! Okay i guess its your turn to throw out the wine and cheese statements again!!!

Comment Posted by speed kills May 12, 2006 06:20 AM

After looking at the teams in div 1. My predictions are as follows... eagles and sun parties in the final! assasins will finish in 3rd! I like will hazels team they can run. Plus the eagles with noonan and jake they will be to much for the assasins.

Comment Posted by Kelsey May 12, 2006 06:41 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

UNREAL how the provicial champs are the underdogs! Keep fuelin the fire gentleman, keep it comin'!!!!

Comment Posted by theprez May 12, 2006 06:48 AM

Relax, people. this is a trial and things will be monitored by the Executive. Also, the rule states that they can only have 3 players from upper divs. So it will not run rampant like you are talking.

Go out on the field and have some fun. Assassins vs Sunparties Monday night football!!!! to start our season, gotta love it. Be there baby...

the prez

Comment Posted by spider May 12, 2006 11:02 AM

Man do you ever do a lot of talking for a guy who hasn't been around for seven years... and never won anything.(and Canford doesn't count!) Did you have a concussion also?

Go ahead dis the Assassins some more. I know what one play will be. Whoever has Moron on him,.....post.

And the other guy....well, it'll be a given. Hope you guys really don't play defense.

Refs, bring another scorecard with ya.
But really it's good you guys are back in the league...heh! heh!

Comment Posted by rey May 12, 2006 07:27 PM

maybe it's just me, but that ratz team from 96 (or 97 or whenever the hell that was) was one of the all time great wtfl teams.
especially with that hippie dude in the blue sweat pants.
and by the way, dm, we wore white.
and if you were extra stylish, you accessorized with blue sweatpants.

Comment Posted by spider May 13, 2006 05:22 AM

Got the Championship on video. Just showed parts of it at the ref clinic, as a teaching aid for the Level 3's. Great job by the refs!! Great game too. Yep the ratz were the best 2nd place team in the WTFL. They were tough!

Poor Bill Telford retired 10 years too early.

But, Yeah that white thing?????kind of precursor to the outcome of that game!!!

but.....while you were there, those other two, didn't play for the ratz, so what are they talking about???

I mean at least they never saw the field or made it onto the video screen.... But their humour is appreciated.....sure hope they recruit some of their former teammates to help them compete in 1b.

Hey you should put together a Ratz "alumni team" for Tournament of Champions. We could have a Ratz-Assassins, 1996, 10th year anniversary game to open up the ceremonies for the Tournament of Champions, on the Friday afternoon/evening prior to the tournament.

Kevin Neiles, Alfie, Darren Yewchyn and Dan Kinaschuck could play for both teams.

Prize- 96 beers!

Comment Posted by speed kills May 15, 2006 06:25 AM

Lol yea it is good to be back in the league! I enjoy the trash talking after all thats 25% of the game.lol Don't worry about me this year I will only be a decoy anyway. Darrell at least you still remember the post thats good to know.lol

Comment Posted by nomads May 15, 2006 04:43 PM

What is Lol and why do you use it so much?
Glen

Comment Posted by jkull May 15, 2006 05:16 PM

Glen...you are officially old...lol

Comment Posted by rockstar May 16, 2006 10:46 AM

Spider,
fyi...you are right that we were not on that 96 ratz team ..the two you are talking about were additions in 97..
i assure you we were in the final....
the team that missed the dance that year were the defending champs
i agree with the guy in them fancy blue sweatpants..
97 Ratz was among the all time greats
Bill retired after winning his last championship!!

Comment Posted by everett May 16, 2006 11:16 AM

Just wondering something D. Mazur. Who was the ref crew on the videotape that you used? Any royalty cheques to be had? It would be great to receive extra reffing money for a game from that many years ago. Lol (whoops).

Comment Posted by spider May 16, 2006 11:41 AM

You da man Ev.
Lionel, Lee, Norm King and Shawn the man Brolly
The video I compiled is the Ev Shade hilite reel.
You was you, da Prez and you waived all the fees over to the video tape editor.

Ed "the voice" Markowski and Jim "Ringma" Bell were the commentators.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com