Forums » General » Rule Changes for 2009

Messages for Rule Changes for 2009

Comment Posted by marc May 04, 2009 08:12 PM

The following rule changes will be in effect for 2009. We're still in the process of writing up the official WTFL rule book, but for now you can read over these changes we will use in 2009:

1. Corrected from 2007: Offside by either team on a Kickoff or a Kickoff that goes at
least 20 yards and goes out of bounds can be applied as a live ball 5-yard
penalty or 10-yard dead ball foul at the option of the non-offending team;
however the 10-yard dead ball option cannot place the ball closer to the kicking
team’s goal line then 20 yards past the kick off spot. (Rule 1.3 & 1.6 - Case 13)

2. The part of Rule 2.6 that allowed opponents to line up within 3 yards directly in
front of the centre and back away after the snap, has been removed. Opponents
are not permitted at all to line up within 3 yards directly in front of the centre.

3. Rule 5.3 has the following added: Players on the punting team who are within 5
yards but are making an attempt to give 5 yards and do not make a play on the
ball will not be penalized for “no yards”. (Case 10 corrected).

4. Rule 5.10 added: A short punt falling within a group of players will be blown
dead for safety reasons.

The WTFL rule book, once it's finished, will be very similar to the rule book that you can find from Touch Football Ontario with a couple of our variations. I've added a menu on the site for "Rules" which has links to the TFONT rule book and their website.

Comment Posted by cobras63 May 05, 2009 06:48 PM

I like them all! Seriously. As a ref, I like it. As a player, I like it.

Nice work!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com