Forums » General » 10 Days to Chase the Cure

Messages for 10 Days to Chase the Cure

Comment Posted by cswanston Jun 09, 2009 09:47 AM

The WTFL is excited to announce June 9th to 18th as the 'Chase for the Cure' portion of the 2009 season. Lyle Bauer's son Wes is biking across Canada raising awareness about cancer (www.chasethecure.ca). As many of you know Lyle Bauer is the President of the the Winnipeg Blue Bomber and won his personal battle with throat cancer a few years ago. Wes Bauer will be peddling through Winnipeg mid-June and this is a great opportunity for the football community to show our support!

Nicole Laping of the Iron Maidens and Jim Bell of the Eagles are challenging all teams and have commitments from The Sunparties, The Woodys, Streak, Flash and others in the league to help raise awareness and money for the Chase.

You may find people at the fields collecting loonies or toonies during this time OR teams may email nickandwes@mts.net to arrange pick up of their team's donation. Let's pick up the ball and support a great cause. Challenge your teamates to donate and challenge your opposition to beat your team's donations!

There will also be a fundraiser at the Palomino Club from 5-9 p.m. Thursday June 18th (10 dollars a ticket). Prize packages will include Bomber gear, Moose gear, and tons of other great stuff. Tickets are selling very fast and willbe sold out soon.

Email nickandwes@mts.net for more information.

The members of the WTFL Board thank you for helping a great cause!

Cheers,
Craig

Comment Posted by silver fox Jun 10, 2009 06:17 AM

I want to extend a big thank you to our league executive for promoting the Chase the Cure ride that is currently in progess. In particular I want to say thank you to all the participants at last night's games at Rods Field which included
Necessary Roughness, the Badgers, the Assassins, the Eagles and our referees. We passed around the cash box last night and in a short period of time we were able to collect alot of loose change and $5 bills.

If I am not mistaken there are 18 games scheduled between now and June 18th which is the fundraiser at the Palamino Club. If its not too much to ask, please consider emptying your pockets of all that coin and know it will be going to a very worthy cause as Wesley bikes across Canada to raise funds and awareness in the fight against cancer.

Once again, thank you for your support and your generosity.

Jim Bell

Comment Posted by silver fox Jun 12, 2009 05:29 AM

Another thank you on behalf of the Never Alone Foundation and Chase the Cure goes out to the guys and gals that played at Rods and Optimist last night. This includes Saxx, Barking Spiders, Full Snatch, GG Dubs, Dogg Pound, Tundra, Bonditty Bengals and Vipers.

Thank you for your generosity in contributing to the Chase the Cure ride. We will continue to make an effort to get out to games through next Wednesday so fill your duffle bags with loose change and we will come and take it off your hands.

I can tell you every little bit helps and the generosity of our league members is appreciated.

Jim Bell

Comment Posted by silver fox Jun 16, 2009 06:01 AM

I would like to pose a friendly challenge to all teams playing tonight and tomorrow night with respect to our endeavor to raise a few more dollars for Chase the Cure.

I am playing at Rods tonight whereby my Eagles will be tangling with the Sunparties. I'll pass the hat around either before or after the game as well as to the two teams that play after us.

For the ladies playing at Optimist tonight, please do what you can to help out the cause.

Thanks again to all who tossed some dollars into the cash box to help us out!

Jim

Comment Posted by nicole Jun 16, 2009 06:59 PM

A big thanks to the Flash team for donating $90 to the Chase the Cure this evening at Optimist. The Challenge is still on for other teams!! The fundraising event at the Pal on Thursday is almost sold out...there likely will not be many tickets at the door...if anyone wants tickets please email nickandwes@mts.net There is some good prizes including an autographed Doug Brown jersey, tons of Bomber gear, Moose gear, and much more.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com