Forums » General » CHARING CROSS GAMES TONIGHT MOVED!

Messages for CHARING CROSS GAMES TONIGHT MOVED!

Comment Posted by Marcus May 16, 2006 11:07 AM

All games for tonight are being moved to George McDowell School on Padington Rd. (pretty close to charing cross).

I've put up a map of the field on the website, view fields by going here:

http://wtfl.ca/locations

Comment Posted by DP May 16, 2006 01:16 PM

I hope the team rep's for all the teams are going to be contacted via telephone, and being informed this also...4:07??? what time do the games start?! we lost a play=off game in indoor because of miscommunication, and if the season starts off on a bad note for any team that is playing tonight, i don't think that they would be too happy about that! What is the point of having team rep's and contacts on the web site! Let's see if this league does the right thing and gets in touch with all the team rep's!!!

Comment Posted by theprez May 17, 2006 04:55 AM

While I appreciate your comments, unfortunately we have situations from time to time. We make attempts to contact people and we are not always successful. However, in this situation, no one would be penalized because of the league not contacting them.

Our volunteers all have full time jobs and when things come up at the last minute it makes it tough. If you would like to volunteer to be the league emergency coodinator we could have you do these last minute contacts to everyone. Otherwise my apologies if things get messed up. If this league is not run to your satisfaction there is another couple of leagues for you to go to. Sorry, but myself and the executive put in countless hours of our time to try and do the best, it doesn't always work. But, speaking for myself, I do not appreciate smart a** criticisms from people. I am not Houdini.

For all others that are more understanding, we appreciate that and thank you. We will try to get things straightened out ASAP.

theprez

Comment Posted by mbender May 17, 2006 05:03 AM

Hey Mr. Prez

in your explanation you kind of forgot to mention where the games have been moved for this evening, any idea about the games tomorrow evening? the OC guys are pretty hard to get ahold as a few do not have internet or email so with that being said the most notice possible would be appreciated.

as always thanks.

marty B
OC / Venom QB # 18

Comment Posted by Marcus May 17, 2006 06:46 AM

Tonight's games are going at George McDowell again.

Comment Posted by DP May 17, 2006 08:54 AM

Sorry prez! I was not trying to be offensive and i apologize, don't get me wrong, i do understand where you are coming from as i my self run a camp for kids and organize the S**t outta things all summer long. I am new to this league as we are a bunch of soccer players, who are looking for something different to do in summer other than get our legs taken out and bustin' our ankles! Maybe it's the fact that we also have had bad luck with some things and we are excited to play, (We don't have a game till the 27th)

Once again I apologize!! I guess people read these posts the wrong way...I know I have!!

Cheers
Dennis

Comment Posted by theprez May 17, 2006 09:25 AM

I hear ya. thanks.

Comment Posted by DP May 18, 2006 10:03 AM

Just a suggestion about future complications regarding field issues or anything. You metioned that you needed an emergency coordinator, in the soccer leagues the refs had the names of the teams and the contact numbers for the games that they were reffing with them incase something were to come up! The ref's would phone about 15 minutes before game time to make sure that the team rep know about what's going on.

I'm just posting this as a suggestion and not taking shots at anybody or complaing about ref's or anything like that..I need to be careful of what I post,and as to how these posts come across. I'm not saying that it's also neccesary for the ref's to phone the reps every game. but just so it's not a waste of time for the ref's and the other teams,say for example a team is unaware of a game then the 15 min phone call can really become helpful.
Dennis
P.S once again Just an idea!

Comment Posted by eagles May 18, 2006 06:30 PM

Is there a reason there is a conflict at Charring Cross? Is the city giving out more than one permit to the same field per night? I really don't understand the mix up. I am not blaming the league or the prez at all, just wondering if there is an explanation. I was reffing monday night and there was nothing but soccer at CC.

Thanks again to the players dad who went to HS Paul to see if it was free and then went back to CC to make sure the next two teams knew where the game was moved to.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com