Forums » General » Washroom facilities at Optimist?

Messages for Washroom facilities at Optimist?

Comment Posted by Chester Jun 30, 2009 03:46 AM

Hey,

Not sure if anyone has had a similar issue but are there any (open) washrooms at Optimist? I'm good with going behind the clubhouse but sometimes nature calls and that just doesn't cut it anymore.

Now that I think of it...are there any washrooms at HS Paul, Charing Cross or Tec-Voc that the WTFL athletes are able to use?

Comment Posted by marc Jun 30, 2009 07:00 PM

There are washroom facilities at Optimist which we just found out about a few weeks ago. We'll be using them during the tournament, but not sure if they are open all the time or not.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 30, 2009 07:26 PM

Between the ball diamonds there is a facility. Not sure if it's open all the time, but likely when teams are playing/practicing.

A number restaurants are just 2 minutes away, on Portage, if ya really have to go. That would probably be the best bet. At least they'd be kept up for sure.

The same would hold true for the other sites. At CC and HS paul, there is the new gas station on the corner of NovaVista? and St. Marys, ot Tim Hortons on Warde and St.Marys.

At Tec, we used to use the facilities at McD's on Notre Dame, again about a 30 second drive...or a minute from the Tec grounds. The Sargent Park site would probably be open, most of the time. ...but McDs for sure...

Comment Posted by cswanston Jul 01, 2009 08:21 AM

To be honest I'm not sure that we will have access to them. They are "suppose" to be opened each morning and closed each night. However the city does not have keys for them so if they are open "good- if not too bad" seems to be the answer from the Parks Department.

Optimist is owned by the St. James Optimist Club and is managed by the city. I assume this is where the problem lies.

At any rate there will be bathrooms available for the July 18th/19th tournament. If not the on site facilities then Port-a-Potties.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com