Forums » General » Annual First Home game Prediction Pool

Messages for Annual First Home game Prediction Pool

Comment Posted by spider Jul 04, 2009 08:56 AM

OK, so none of us have a clue as to what we are talking about, based on the first game's score. How about week two?

Calgary at Winnipeg.

It clearly looked like Calgary is the better team, based on last game.

Poor Winnipeg, looked like the pee wee Rods last game trying to run plays, trying to block guys. Beer and alcohol sales will be way up this year at the stadium.

OK well not to rag on Winnipeg, but...ugly!..or butt ugly!

Yeah predictions on this one? Sean, looks like you had the closest score, Congratulations on being the savant last week.

So, what about this week? I don't feel very optimistic, so I am thinking Calgary "lots" and Winnipeg "not." And hey, I sure enjoy paying big bucks to watch Winnipegs "punt return" or maybe it should be called "punt stoppage from rolling further toward our goal line."

That was so pathetic.

How about Serna. What a great job he has. Could you imagine having one thing to do, and then when it counts, not being able to do it? Why is that guy here?

Yeah I know the weather sucked, and they iced him, by calling the time out. So yes that could effect you and me, but we are not Pro's, and he is.

Calgary 36 - Winnipeg 15

Comment Posted by Sean Jul 07, 2009 06:21 PM

That's the same type of score I'm thinking too... since you took it, I'll change it a bit to...

Calgary 42 - Winnipeg 14.

Off field drama... leads to even worse losses.

Comment Posted by marc Jul 07, 2009 08:50 PM

Where's Armstrong going to end up?

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 08, 2009 03:08 AM

Cut then picked up by Saskatchewan. Calgary 32 - Winnipeg 20

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 08, 2009 04:23 AM

Winnipeg 29 Calgary 25

forever the optimist...sadly :(

Comment Posted by spider Jul 08, 2009 06:16 AM

Hey it's good to be a Bomber fan....???? Well, it used to be... Naw just kidding.
The game is more than a game, it's a time to get out and socialize(somewhat) I still like studying the game, and predicting plays and lambasting the poor saps who get beat!!!:)

Yeah Poor Armstrong! What a jerk! I probably would have been pissed off also. But what he did really showed up the coach. (and let his teammates down) Bombers have no alternative than to outright release him.(if they got a bag of footballs for him, that would be exceptional)

Guys with "injuries" that don't practice and then suit up for games always bugged my ass! So,... they grant him this "rest" time (during training camp) and he practiced only twice!!!!..........and then he has the nerve to complain he's not starting!!!!!!!!!!!.

Man, how about starting on the "scout" team to show us your knee will hold up!

Anyway back to the players...not sure what to make out of the first game. Are the Bombers decent?, or were the elements the great equalizer? That number "0" Ike Charlton,(he was an NFL guy???) for the Bombers (beaten for one Edm TD)looked about as good as he did last year! Crappy...if he can't cover a Cdn slotback....just who could he cover???That guy has to go.

Not sure about the passing game? Can Leflores throw a wide side out? Maybe it doesn't matter? No one out there to catch it anyway.

What about Kelly? Man the guy is a walking disaster! Finally, Bauer must have forbid him from talking to the media about Armstrong, and they put the player development guy on TV instead.

Kelly is becoming a real liability. How much dollars are Bombers now spending on people not here? Former Coach - 2 yrs left on contract, Smith?, and now Armstrong was paid a ton, same with the ex-QB, Kevin Glenn, we had also...he got his bonus and THEN the Bombers released him!!!

Has Bauer bailed on the team already, knowing he's the "lame duck" GM.???

Plus we still don't have a punt returner. That probably cost us the game last week. We must have collectively lost 80-100 yards, while they gained that....so at least a 150 yard swing.

Game plan - last week worked well. Zone it up on the crappy field, give him (Ray)the "dinks" and pursue to the ball - formula for success.

led to a potential tie game.
Bombers showed resiliency(excuse the spelling)determination,grit, effort, that was all good.

I realy hope the team commits to an aggressive defense (more than what was shown in crappy conditions in Edm)Last year's angelic soft passive cream puff defense was maddening to watch. Let's get after those offensive bums, and see if they can make plays!!
Hey "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

They should suit Milt up! Wouldn't that be the ultimate story!!?? He;s supposed to always be in good shape (looked good on TV at the dinner) We'd only need him for one game??? He'd probably only get a couple passes anyway. Really, he could easily do it.

Ah well. if the Blue keep Calgary under 20, I'd consider that a victory, no matter what the O does. However....

Hey Seaner, Congrats on having the closest score last week. I'll bring the autographed "expert" ball for ya to Hooters so ya can pick it up, (of course you may buy me a beer!):)

BSG!!!!that's a good score actually. Wpg getting 29????But yeah they are at home so...maybe!

Go Blue!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 10, 2009 04:32 AM

here we go b-o-mbers, here we go.....
here we go b-o-mbers, here we go....
etc.....come on...everyone now...here we go b-o-mbers......

its Stegal night man!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 10, 2009 11:01 PM

Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

How's you know about the miracle on Maroons Rd???

Congrats!!! You da Man!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 12, 2009 05:09 AM

oh ye of such little faith......you gotta have discipline on a football team, old man Kelly is instilling this...if that newbie leflors ever gets to his potential watch out!

Still not convinced that Serna is the man tho..

Danka!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com