Forums » General » Mazur's Top 10 Tournament Survival guide tips

Messages for Mazur's Top 10 Tournament Survival guide tips

Comment Posted by spider Jul 16, 2009 06:34 AM

OK, for those of you that DO travel out of Province to play, this is not meant for you. However, since it is the 1st tournament in the summer of the new millenium, I thought I'd offer some "must haves"

Now depending on the weather, you have to be ready. Long term forcast was for sunny and warm/hot. (However..........it's Winnipeg!!...bring rain gear and mosquito repellant)So let's hope for the best!!

Tournament survival guide:

1.) a "note" to your significant other, as to where you will be (in case you get hurt or go partying and are not back at the expected time, we'll know where to start the trail to find you!)

2.) Water, water, water. Since all team will have to play the"next" day, and of course the further you go, in the draw, the more you'll need to re-hydrate. My preferred bevy after a game is a few beers. That's OK for one game during the week. But, when you have to play the next day, after two games in hot weather??? Nope!!

Re-hydration will go further at getting your body and mind ready to play the next day. AND don't forget, if you win, you have to keep playing, so your body will be more demanding of you and it will need refreshment.

3.) Gatorade! No not "Joes energy drink," Gatorade. One of the first on the market, and there for a reason. They know what they are talking about. Trust me! Definitely, after your first game for sure, make your second drink Gatorade. (first one water!!)The difference between that and plain water is amazing!!

4.) Toilet paper/kleenex! Hey don't laugh! If ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

5.) Sun screen. If it's sunny,and you're out in the sun for 4 hours or more (the equivalent of 2 games) guess what??

6.) Shade. Simlar to above. Don't be like those two yahoo Assassins in Mississauga, running around between games showing off their leaping ability making catchs in 30 degree heat. (Yes certain drugs will allow you to do that for a while!)Heat stroke is not fun! So be conservative in your between game activity.

7.) Big hat - See above

8.) Ice cooler with water, gatorade, ice, and maybe a sandwich!!! For obvous reasons, if you have it with you, you can find some shade between games and "chill!" If not you'll waste all the "off" time driving/walking around trying to secure the stuff and have no rest time for the next game.

9.) Chair. - I bet if I rented out my chair I could make $100.00! Sitting on a chair beats the bleachers or the grass.

10. Money. If ya have to buy something, the last thing ya need is finding a bank machine. $40.00 should tide ya over!!)

There ya go, a Mazur's Top 10 Tournament Survival guide tips. There's one thing I left off. But that would make the post top eleven....and ya know.....it just doesn't fit....

Any other suggestions???

Comment Posted by cswanston Jul 16, 2009 06:56 AM

Great list Darrell!

We will be able to make things easy on the guys in a couple of ways:

Yewch's Dogs will be there with Smokies, Hamburgers chips etc. They will also have water and Gatorade for those who need it.

We will have the Home Run Sports Tournament Tent for all those "Gingers" and fair skinned folk who just can't be helped by sun block.

We have access to the on-site Washroom facilities so no need to bring the T.P.

Hope this helps!

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 16, 2009 10:44 AM

Socks. Bring a pair for every game. Your feet will thank you at the end of the day.

Comment Posted by silver fox Jul 16, 2009 11:19 AM

I will be bring my A535, Ben Gay and Absorbine Junior. Sounds like an allstar lineup.
Don't laugh, one day you will be 50.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 16, 2009 11:42 AM

Yeah, Yeah that's good stuff! socks??? really? I never unstrapped until I knew the day was done...afraid I wouldn't be able to "rebuckle"....Yo Jimbo, but who's your friend Ben???? (I'm past 50, although I don't look it, right???.......just lie anyway)

One thing no one has done, and I bet Craig is working on this right now is the masseuse. like they have in Montreal's tournament. What is it $ 5.00 for 10 minutes? I never tried one,(at the Montreal tourney) but promised myself one day, when I became less of a warrior...(OK, I'm lol also):)

There is still one item thatI didn't mention and I know people will be asking for....anyone know? and it's so annoying. Like if you need that stuff dude, why don't you go and buy some?

Comment Posted by andy26 Jul 22, 2009 06:12 AM

ADVIL, ADVIL, ADVIL

Andy

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com