Forums » General » Tournament thanks

Messages for Tournament thanks

Comment Posted by marc Jul 20, 2009 04:52 AM

I just wanted to thank all the teams, referees, sponsors, and volunteers for a job well done this weekend. I hope everybody had a great time!

The winners were:
Elite - Assassins
Intermediate - Blitzkrieg
Womens - Streakcats

Congratulations to the winners and we hope to see everybody out again next year.

Comment Posted by aloszchuk Jul 20, 2009 06:04 AM

I want to thank all of the WTFL exec, refs, and volunteers for making it a great weekend. I'm sure it was a very tiring weekend doing all of the planning, organizing, refereeing, and playing.

Great job all of you.

Comment Posted by marc Jul 20, 2009 06:11 AM

Forgot to thank you Adam for taking a pile of photos over the weekend. We'll get those up on the site asap!

If anybody else has some pics from the tourney email them to marc@wtfl.ca and we'll get them up on the site!

Thanks!

Comment Posted by silver fox Jul 20, 2009 08:24 AM

Marc,

To you and everyone else that volunteered their time and efforts planning, organizing, reffing, etc. it was simply a blast. The games were fun and competitive and it seemed to run like clock work. My hat is off to all of you that played multiple games and while guys like me licked their wounds between games, many of you were reffing.

This may be the beginning of even bigger and better tourneys in the future so keep up the good work.

It even hurts to type emails today and all I did was throw all weekend...

Silver Fox

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 20, 2009 08:30 AM

Yeah great tourney. Great atmosphere. Already looking forward to next year.

Comment Posted by sel9393 Jul 20, 2009 02:29 PM

Good job guys!

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jul 20, 2009 02:54 PM

Marc, Craig, Wendy & Becca,

Great job on putting this together. I think you did pretty well even though you were competing with Super Spike & the NBA 3 on 3 tournament. Lots of fun was had and most of the games were pretty competitive.

It was a disappointing end for the Anvils, but I think we can carry some of that momementum into the remainder of the season and put a few more W's on the board.

Props to that freak of nature, Mike Dew, rusher for Blitzkrieg. I've never seen so many tipped and knocked down passes from a rusher as he had in the semi-final (about 5), including catching one for a pick and then, unfortunately, followed that up with at least another 5 in the final against us.

Looking forward to next year, maybe my body will recover by then!

Leslie #21 Anvils

Comment Posted by cwentz Jul 20, 2009 03:04 PM

Thanks to the wtfl exec's for putting this on and refs for sticking it out. Special thanks to marc for finding a bunch of random players to toss a last minute team together. Was a blast can't wait till next year.

Anvils - Hell of a game, was down to the wire and everyplay mattered. Can't wait to play against you guys next year, and best of luck. Great bunch of guys!!

Chris Wentz-Chisholm, Blitzkrieg

Comment Posted by A-Train Jul 20, 2009 03:27 PM

Dew finally intercepted one of those? It's about damn time! And to think he almost retired after last season.

Comment Posted by marc Jul 20, 2009 07:10 PM

Dew's interception from the rusher position was definitely a highlight real play. The funny part was not longer than a minute before he did it, he told me how it was a goal for him this year to intercept a pass while rushing.

How's that for getting it done?

Comment Posted by cswanston Jul 21, 2009 06:04 AM

It was a lot of fun and thanks to the following:

-Every player that participated. We had players from two provinces and four leagues.

-Andrew and the Ramrods from Regina. A bunch of great young tackle guys who learned as they played in the Elite Division, put a scare into a couple of teams and had fun doing it.

-Darrell, Wayne and all of the referees. The tournament could not have taken place without you. Special thanks to Phil Sam (sorry- I think I spelled your name wrong on the cheque) who traded in his lawn chair for a refs jersey to help out in the Elite final (when the Anvils and Eagles both made their respective finals most of our refs were playing). Thanks to ALL the players who reffed and played in the tournament- some real iron men and women.

-Adam Loszchuk for taking photos with his fancy camera. The goal was to get action shots of as many people as possible so look for your photo when we get them posted.

-LATravel Group for supplying the Championship T-shirts
Make LATRavel Group your one stop travel center. Please visit their Facebook Page at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34999795751

-Home Run Sports for supplying the Tournament Tent
Check out Home Run Sports' new location at De La Seineurie Blvd or visit them online at: www.homerunsports.com

-Boston Pizza for supplying the Free Large Pizzas and a place to have some beers. Visit: www.bostonpizza.com

-The Winnipeg Blue Bombers for supplying T-Shirts, hats and keychains for the Player of the Game winners- a great prize package!
Join the Blue Revolution! Visit www.thebluerevolution.ca

Thanks to the Tournament Committee for all the work that was put into it!

Here's to a Bigger and Better tournament next year!

Cheers,
Craig

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com