Forums » General » game #4 Vs. Toronto

Messages for game #4 Vs. Toronto

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2009 05:08 AM

Sean Stiff won the last prediction. OK was closest. Man we are all off.

So the latest has it that Bowman is out, "Lecantpass" is still the starter, and the new Crappy guy is inat WR and KR.

The only offense worse than the Bombers is Toronto. I am not sure if it's the offense or their QB.

I am thinking it's their QB. He can never execute a play the way it's supposed to be. (so I profess) All the big plays for TO come when their QB, scrambles and create stuff off of broken plays. Other than that he's /they are in trouble.

So,going out on a limb I am picking Bombers. I'll let the Anvils, or anyone else who cares to be a fortune teller pick, give a score.

As BSG would say,..."Here we go Bombers, here we go" or "I'd rather be a Bomber than a F#ckin Eskimo" (which we have T-shirts for those who dislike the Eskies.)

Yeehaw............Gentleman, start your engines!!

Comment Posted by Sean Jul 21, 2009 05:11 AM

Winnipeg 9, Toronto 35.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2009 05:18 AM

OH.............MY..................GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, oh,.............don't tell me .......it will be another one ofthose season, when the hilite of the Bomber game Day experience will be the pre-game meeting at Hooters, with Table #83 gang, and Amy, Erin, & Gabrielle!!!

OK wait, that already is a hilight, followed by a decent game............Seaner, if....and we all know the liklihood of this being a reality comes true, there are going to be a lot armless chickens in Manitoba as a result (Hooter's wings), as fans flee the stadium in droves.

Hey on that note does anyone want the stadium to be built at the U of M??? I'd rather they go with the original plan and keep it at the current location?

Seaner, Seaner, Seaner,.....it's probably going to rain that day also???

Comment Posted by marc Jul 21, 2009 06:33 AM

Darrell, just get them to build a hooter's at the UofM and you'll be fine.

Toronto sucks, I'm actually going to say the bombers win this one. 24-17.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2009 06:49 AM

Yeah that's part of the problem. As it stands, With Hooters about 15 km away from my home, it's once every two weeks during football season......not bad.

But if they build one 7 minutes away at the U of M area.....I see nothing good coming of this......they'll open me up and find an array of wings, Cajun, Suicide, Hot, Salt 'n' Peppar....floating in 3 pitchers of undigested draft...........ugggghhh, stop this thread!!!

Back to the game....

That's a good score. I think we can get 24??? Although............ would that be a first? A season high???

Hey, our defense is good! Probably being on the verge of the best in the CFL. If only Lecantpass could hit over 50%.

Hey, don't QBs have those radios in their helmuts? We should go to radio shack, get a match, and tell him who to throw to???!!!!???? "Pssstt ...throw to the open guy downfield"

Why won't they bring Printers in? or How about Michael Vick. He's out of jail.......cripes just anyone who can play...

Comment Posted by alouette Jul 21, 2009 07:28 AM

On the battle of mediocrity, Toronto 25 Winnipeg 19. OK and then there is Edmonton.
And because I care, Montreal 45 Hamilton 20. Kevin Glenn will throw 4 picks.

UofM stadium is a terrible idea. I won't renew my season tickets once they move there.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2009 08:30 AM

Another good score by Monsieur Alouette. Tres bien, Merci beaucoup!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 21, 2009 10:03 AM

BC sucks...patooie!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 21, 2009 10:07 AM

Sorry wrong thread...

Bombers 31 ArgoNOTS 15

Bisons 35 Rams 20...oh sorry, thats not till labor day....

DZ
BSG
dubblezeero
CK
#00...ah cha cha...i gotta a million of em...ah cha cha....

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 21, 2009 10:10 AM

WHOA!!!!!!!!!! what the hell was that...techno glitch.....sorry folks...maybe i do have a million of em?

BC sucks! patooie!!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 21, 2009 11:00 AM

No wonder you could be WTFL exec of the century!!! ..."Jimmy!" (add that one?!:))

What a brilliant idea.

If you're correct, you'd be winning what 5 footballs???

or hey are they all the same score, or did you enter different ones?????

A ha!!!!!...another great idea.

Hey rules committee,can a guy play on more than....huh??? oh?...OK...Can a guy make more than one prediction in the WTFL/Bomber game/Mazur autographed football score prediction thread??? This aint the.....Oh OK.

"patooie???"

Did he just say ..

"patooie???"

Holy exclamation point Batman!

Hmmm another thread idea... past actionwords...."Biff" "Bam!" Why don't they have those old Batman tv shows on anymore? They have to be available in the "box set?" anyone know???

Another ghreat idea by the BSG..However......I never heard anyone call you "Dizzy" (DZ):)

heh...heh!!!:)
a cha cha cha..heh!

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 21, 2009 11:12 AM

I fixed your posts for you Cliff.

Bombers suck. LeFors is terrible. Kelly is a moron.

Argos 23 - Bomb Squad 15

Comment Posted by sana Jul 22, 2009 05:51 AM

Note from the peanut gallery.

Bomber/Bison stadium at the U of M is a GREAT idea!

This is what you can look forward to:
-30,000 spacious seats WITH cup holders for all your beers! - expands to 45,000 seats
-sunken playing field, 25 feet below grade to minimize the noise outside the arena so the neighbours wont complain
-overhead weather protection for 80% of the fans

-Campus and south Winnipeg will have a year round sport and rec facility.
-We get a new workout facility to compliment the stadium (WELL OVERDUE!)
-Employment opportunities

NEED I SAY MORE?! :)

And who knows, maybe south Winnipeg will get a friendly neighbourhood Hooters to accommodate diehard fans such as yourselves. *Fingers crossed*

Comment Posted by andy26 Jul 22, 2009 06:28 AM

Bombers 34 - Argos 15

Andy

Comment Posted by spider Jul 22, 2009 06:35 AM

Dream the Dream Arnold!

It is good to dream....However, building it out there, would only add to the "ghosttown" that the U of M is, when students are not at classes. Furthermore, with the cutback in Waverly West development, the population base is certainly not what it was when it was first planned to build out there. And finaly, how in the heck would people get there?

Any stadium will have that seat component. This IS the 21st century
- Polo Park will have the sunken bowl component
- Polo Park will have seat protection of 80% of fans

The pompous, arrogant U of M, already has a number of facilities,that serve only a small % of the Fort Garry population. They already don't use most of what they have. Nor do they know how to maintain it. What they have let happen to Pan Am stadium is a joke.

- Employment opportunities? - Manitoba already has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Canada.

Bad idea.

- no infrastructure to get there.
- to be built in a primarily residential area - Oh yeah the folks are going to like all that noise.
- tertiary services - sparse at best. The area will only be frequented on game nights. If you are a business, would you want to count on a "crowd" for only 10-12 nights a year?
- self serving pretense of serving comunity. What a load of bull. The affluent Richmond West, Fort Richmond crowd needs a boost to their economy like ahole in the head.

Did you see the pictures of Edmonton and Calgary who are bidding for "EXPO 2017" Those cities have replaced and trampled Winnipeg with the doubling or tripling of the size of "downtown." Hmmm, come to think of it why would anyone want to plan a vacation to Wpg, Calg, or Edm? No contest Wpg has fallen so far behind it's worse than a joke, bordering on "hopeless."

Revitilization of the Inner City is so long overdue. Building the new stadium, at polo Park, as part of the "WestEnd" is a must for the survival of the Inner City.

Anywhere downtown, including Polo Park, current site, can make the area thrive. I had previously compared the site proposed at Polo Park, as one comparable to the Westgate site/jobing Dotcom arena/ U of Phoenix Stadium built in Glendale.(Phoenix, Arizona) Their hockey arena and new football stadium are built across from an entertainment complex, of a movie theatre, 20 restaurants/bars, 20 shops and a series of a number of condo/town houses, adjoining a freeway, and surrounded by a number of neighbourhoods.(called Westgate)

Does that resemble the Polo Park site?? Yes it does.

I am sure this idea was what the original plan for the stadium at Polo park was based on. Winnipeg's Polo Park site would be even better, as the existing mall is vibrant, proposed new shops , hotel and offices, would enhance the current site, making it even more viable year round, and not having to rely on 12 dates.

Finally looking at the environment around the two options. Which WILL have successful use? Polo Park already does! Polo Park is CENTRAL and entering and exiting to nearby parking options is quaintly efficient. (It wasn't planned, but it works.) Do you really think people living in St. James, Garden City, North Kildonan and Transcona, are going to enjoy the 45 minute car ride out there???? I lived in Elmwood and detested the drive to the U of M for classes.

Then there's the BS about rapid transit!!! UMMM, heres news for ya. There ain't any. It's only going to go to "nowhere" Jubilee and Pembina....wonderful,what do ya do then, go to the Pemby or the Cambridge? Yeah that's right. There is no plan to fund, build or have a timeline for the continuation to the Uof M. Naughta, nothing, only a proposal, that no one can say how it would be funded??? Can you say Cluster f*ck?

And then, who exactly will benefit by this rapid transit system(OK bus route?) The 25 thousand students? OK good. Er what do they contribute to the economy? Are you going to keep the car in the garage at 30 below and hop the bus? Hahahahahah! Right. That's probably why you bought a car. SO YOU WOULDN'T have to take the bus!!!!

Unless those concerns are dealt with,that is going to be a decision we wil all regret.(and hey I do live 7 minutes away from the U of M, so personally, the site selection would work for me) But there is no I in Team. and that's what weare in this world, members of a global team! :)

No, the only viable site is the current site at Polo Park

Puhlease!

Comment Posted by sana Jul 22, 2009 08:12 AM

Oh Spider .. this dream will be a reality come 2011 CFL season.

Now, what does the U of M being “ghosttown” have anything to do w/ the stadium? It’s not like the current stadium is booming with excitement when there isn’t a practice or a game taking place. The site on campus will provide a home for not only the Bombers but also the Bisons (Vanier Cup champs ’07). It’s going to be used year round unlike our current stadium so revenue will be generated on an ongoing basis.

The sunken bowl is to respect the u of m building height so the stadium doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb. I’m not saying they wouldn’t have had that if the stadium was built elsewhere though.

The U of M also has tons of facilities that they do put to good use. The new soccer complex – is it constantly used, YES. The current Bison stadium – is it constantly used, YES. Ex. for the MB marathon, Canadian track and field meets etc. The Frank Kennedy Gym serves ME, students, staff, alumni and the community as a whole. Does it need a facelift, YES but HEY .. wait a minute, that’s where this shiny new Bomber/Bison stadium comes in to play. Not to mention the airtime that the University will get on TSN during games which is always good – putting the city on the map, inviting athletes and students from all over to study and play in MB.

I do agree with you, Manitoba has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Canada – Great! But until the unemployment rate drops to 0%, employment opportunities should be welcomed.
Oh, just to touch base on downtown. One of a kind, The Canadian Museum for Human Rights ... that’s new and exciting. And conveniently located downtown. Something that may attract tourists even.

Polo is a residential area just like the campus. Last I heard, the current NOISY stadium has about 90% of the sound escaping. The new stadium will only have ~3% of the sound escape. That’s a lot less noise than the current student beer bashes make – and you should know, you’ve been a student. The neighbours can hardly complain about noise that ends by 11pm at the LATEST on a weekend for only 10-12 nights in a year. Hell, they should be at the games making noise! :)

TRAFFIC

The campus is already accustomed to 30,000+ student/staff on a DAILY basis from 8:30am-4:30pm. On game days, a variety of traffic, transit and park-and-ride options will be available. Upgrades to traffic signal software will ease congestion. On game days, 50 extra buses will offer service to and fr the stadium. BUT if you want to drive that car you bought, Campus stadium will have 20,000 parking spots in a 5km radius of the stadium.
If you want to talk about other cities and their amazing facilities, you may want to take into consideration their commute. So, heaven forbid a bomber fan has to drive 45min (25min on the perimeter) to find a convenient enough parking spot to watch 10 home games. PHA-LEASE, cry me a river.

I’m not saying that rebuilding the stadium at Polo would be a bad idea. Nor am i saying they've thought of every single thing. I’m simply saying that the site on campus provides great opportunities and it’s well thought out. Also, I don’t want to drive all the way to Polo to watch a game only to realize my car has been towed once I walk out. A bomber game should NOT cost a fan $150! (true story).

No, the only viable site is the U of M :)

Comment Posted by marc Jul 22, 2009 08:52 AM

The only certainty with the new stadium is that the bombers will lose there too!

Go Riders!

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 22, 2009 10:46 AM

It takes me 20 minutes from pretty much the most eastern part of Transcona to the U of M location. I would assume 25-30 minutes on a game day. It takes me at least 30 minutes to get to Polo Park, and upwards of 50 minutes on gameday. So out of convenience to me, I welcome the new location. It's all about me!

Comment Posted by sana Jul 23, 2009 04:13 AM

Lol. Now where else could you find honesty like THAT?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2009 06:45 AM

From a Transcona guy????

It needs NO rebuttal!

And considering I was an Elmwood guy! and took the primeter,to Unoversity,only a few times(through town was actually better)it was the same as going through town..30 minutes. That's part of the problem! You won't be the only one taking the perimeter.

..........what did you say the Hooter's franchise fee would be????

(Who's in?):)

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2009 07:34 AM

Bombers 17-11 win.

This could be a fun day for the D!

Comment Posted by sana Jul 23, 2009 07:59 AM

7 minutes to the U of M or 30min? Make up your mind :p
Traffic on perimeter will be better than traffic by polo any day of the week. Deep down inside you know the south end is the best place for the stadium :)

And what the hell, i'll get in on this:
Winnipeg 28
Toronto 22

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2009 11:42 AM

Sana, Sana, Sana,...sigh...

:)

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Jul 23, 2009 05:44 PM

I just want a new stadium. I'll go wherever it is built. Ok, now for a score. Argos, no Arland Bruce, looks like he is done in double blue, thus not much of a passing game for them.

Bombers 23 Argos 15, reverse score of Captainwoody.

Les

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2009 08:48 PM

Yep You be rockin Dude! That score is bang on!

Now if only Sana would come around!:)

Comment Posted by sana Jul 24, 2009 04:56 AM

I like to stick with even numbers. Something just feels right about that score.

Spider - You see, not everyone is disgruntled about the new stadium as you.
Also, seeing how it's frowned upon to badger the refs during the game, I'm choosing to give you a hard time on forums.. just for sh!ts and giggles :)

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 24, 2009 05:34 AM

15-11 Argos

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2009 07:07 AM

Sana, Sana, Sana,

Beauty and brains....(and a sore ankle) How are they? I so, anticipated continuing this topic in person, but alas,....(sigh)

Now...

If you're going to discuss the pros and cons of the folly of the idea, of building a new stadium, in the U of M area, that is one thing. But using big words like viable, commute, and then stating I am "disgruntled!!!"

Not true.

au contraire, I am very gruntled! :)

Your discussion points are definitive and undeniable, however, while we "south-enders" will have no problem, with such a location, my concern is for the city. I mean look around the world...OK, maybe just Canada, their "downtown" (of which I include Polo Park)have become "alive," prosperous, seemingly thriving areas of interaction. My concern, is that poor Winnipeg is just that. Our "downtown" is absolutely awful. I only go there for the odd Moose game. (and I would go for NHL hockey.)

"Our" "plan" for the downtown??? is not very encouraging. For sure the Forks has a life of it's own, and is very engaging for a variety of events....but the remainder, is in question.

What's the plan for "Central park" You know where low income renters live next to open public drug exchanges. Oh, they are going to "spruce it up and provide some extra policing! Well that's OK, but, how does that make you or I want to go hangout there? Hmmm not really.

My point is, sooner or later,the Provincial and Municipal governments and business (way to go Hydro)have to step up, and "invest" in that downtown area. Reinvesting in the Polo park site, would affirm, a vision, that our city wants to continue/improve the notion of bringing Winnipeg into the 21st century.

In contrast, building at the Ft. Garry site, only creates a spin-off for that one sector of the city.

Now in reviewing that info, surely, you must agree that the historic (and that's another thing...couldn't Polo Park be labelled a historic site. We need some older Winnipegger to verify that it was once the site of horserecing etc.... Tim? you probably remember that?) Polo Park is just waiting to be re-invented/spruced up, as the western terminus, of downtown.

Comment Posted by sana Jul 24, 2009 10:10 AM

Spider, Spider, Spider,

Aren’t you just a good person w/ your "concern for the city". Not to mention the online charm. And actually, I'm sure an in person debate would have gotten heated, but next time :p

So, our downtown is crap and lacking high-rises. I get it. I almost agree with you (almost because the downtown night life isn’t so bad).
But, building the stadium at Polo isn’t going to revitalize downtown. ((Wait.. revitalize .. was that word too big for you?)) :)

The Forks (which “has a life of its own”) is more downtown than Polo, Corydon and Osborne and the Exchange district are more downtown than Polo. So there’s our issue .. our definition of ‘downtown’ is skewed and therefore we’re never going to come to an agreement.

Will we just have to agree to disagree?

Ps.
The beauty is mighty tanned, the brain’s great and the ankle is sprained :( But it could be much worse so I’m not complaining. Thanks for asking! :)

Comment Posted by spider Jul 24, 2009 10:43 PM

Ouch!!!!:)

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 25, 2009 06:23 AM

blech!...

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 25, 2009 06:25 AM

blech! :P.....

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2009 08:34 AM

Musta have been the Salt'n'pepa wings and 14 pitchers at Hootys??

What's the deal on the Bombers? Is Laflores that bad? Is it Kelly's system? Is it the O line? I mean that was atrocious. Even Reinbold and TJ RUbley were never that bad.

Looked like LeFlores is playing scared (My QB Guru also agreed)I mean 4 games ago and 3 games ago we were slingin it. Now...seven passes, eleven passes???? That's one drive for Ricky Ray!!! gosh, darn!

I tell ya the best lefthanded QB in the province is Jim Bell of our Eagles, and then Adele of the Wildcats. Just go watch them play,get the ball, make a decisison, fire the pass....they make it look simple.

Is the O -line not good enough???

Or the system...???I mean when Edwards and Bryant get zero and only one or two passes thrown their way...???

I figure it's the QB...cause the QB we got from Hamilton,(Richie Williams) found Edwards and moved the O...I think anyone is a lot better than "Lecan'tpass." Even older guys like Dunnigan and Flutie..bring 'em back

Maybe it's just in the name?

I mean really if someone said Stephon LaFlores...what do you think of????Football QB????...............No ............Ballroom Dancing,........... right???
like now starting QB,Charles Winchester the 3rd (character from M*A*S*H*) Football QB name????uhuh

Bart Starr.............instant QB. ..a Starr, his name says so...
Johnny Unitas..........he unites us, follow him he's a leader.
Ben Rothesblahblahberger, (whatever) sounds like Rotweiller?? again, do what he says..
Peyton Manning....OK bad example, but a good QB

What do we have?

Who's the 2nd string guy??? Don't even know his name, and who cares..that guy could definitly not play in the WTFL..he can't read Dees, and he can't throw. (Yes he can run, and that was his one play in the game)

How about Richie Williams? .....a new version of "Happy Days?"
a classic...Ryan Dinwiddie......barf....sorry... self explanatory.

In the Dub....
Now..Jim Bell, that has a ring to it! :)
Tim Shea!!!..sounds good
Jeff Kull (the Conqueror)...automatic TD mover!
Chris Lucas, Ryan Menai....good ole boys names....
Spida Maza- oooh yea!...sixman football terror for Chalmers C.C.

In the twilight zone....

The one that would absolutely work................
Casey Printers!!!! yeh! "Casey at the throttle" "Printers Stamps the Stamps!!!""Casey comes to bat and throws strikes as Bombers defeat (insert any team)

Ya see????

Stephone LaFlores....just doomed from the start...."and now conducting the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra,........ Monsieur Stephon Leflores....

We have to find a QB with a Leader like name!

And.......one more thing (ooooh love that coffeee in the morning, after a Bomber game) apparently Coach Kelly on the post game show stated the Winnipeg fans were not the easiest to raise a young QB in front of?? Some people interpretted that to mean we were to blame for the loss..........!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

This guy is a walking/talking disaster...and those sun glasses on the shady side of the field????,What's up with that??? and coupled with that "ET like melon" makes for beady little eyes.....aggghh I'm getting creeped out. This guy has got ot be a cartoonists hero..."Earth to mars, Earth to Mars" Hey what was the character in the Bugs Bunny Cartoons??? the Martian guy???? Doesn't Kelly...no don't go there. Sana, how could you be so cruel??? (Killer dwarf,you know who I mean, right??)

What do you guys think is the Bombers problem?...and Sana don't say "playing football!!!" I'm looking for some deep insight so I can actually pass it on to Coach Kelly, through "Ringma" and "Mengele".......

Hey just 14 more games to go, and it will be over...

OK

When's the Sask game on today?????I want to watch some real football!

Comment Posted by marc Jul 25, 2009 09:15 AM

The bombers should just punt on first down, then they would automatically become more efficient by not wasting 2 downs.

Comment Posted by marc Jul 25, 2009 04:01 PM

At least they didn't blow a 22 point lead. Go bombers!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 25, 2009 04:35 PM

Durant for Le Flores?

CJOB just said the lue are bringing in a QB. Speculation on their webs site says its Bishop or Printers.

I hope it's Printers. He at least has a brain.

If it's Bishop, maybe that would entice Arland Bruce to join us, since they played well together in TO.

Sorry about the Riders...........at least "it's good for the league."

Comment Posted by marc Jul 25, 2009 09:27 PM

The riders would have no use for Leflors. Durant is decent considering how many games he's played. 6-2 as a starter isn't really something to complain about.

Bishop is useless, unless you want to win a long ball competition. I'm not sure if Printers can get it done either.

One thing is certain though, the CFL is a quarterbacks league. If you got a good one, you're always in the game. Ricky Ray still has it.

Comment Posted by marc Jul 26, 2009 11:30 AM

Looks like Bishop is in town :)

Comment Posted by sana Jul 26, 2009 02:57 PM

Haha! Are you talking about Marvin the Martian?

& I’m not going to speculate what would have made them win that last game. Bottom line is they lost .. miserably!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 26, 2009 07:33 PM

Oooooh Sana! A Girl after my own heart!!!

Yeah, was that his name? Marvin the Martian? Yeah I think that's it!

QB Crisis!....and yes, it looks like the QB curtain has closed on Chapter One "experimentation of the 3rd kind!"....In the game there was that one pass Lecan'tpass threw to the far wide side and it was almost intercepted that kind of sealed the deal. Everyone around me kind of gave a quiet groan/sigh(it wasn't intercepted only knocked down...)

But one has to also ask the question about Marvin the Martian" He vouched for this guy (Leflores)....I don't know????

and now bringing in Bishop!!!!woe is me!

OH well...where we goin to watch the Bombers at Toronto? They moved that game to saturday afternoon from thursday night, apparently because the league has three Elite and an A and B div games on at that time....

Time for the next game # thread????

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2009 10:17 AM

Looks like one of the "Killer Dwarfs" gets the Game ball for closest correct score. Jeff "the Conquorer" Kull wins an autographed football for July 24th's home game.

Congratulations Jeff!

Comment Posted by marc Jul 27, 2009 11:32 AM

forget the score, lets try to predict how many first downs the bombers will get next game. I'm gonna say 6.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2009 12:01 PM

Ya...it's actually sad.

I am feeling scared to even watch it. It's hard to believe those guys are paid to play (coach)...Those Bomber QBs really don't have a hope in making a completion!

Man let's hope Bishop comes in and lights it up.???

Comment Posted by marc Jul 27, 2009 12:10 PM

He's an upgrade for sure. I'm sure he'd like to play against toronto as well.

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 28, 2009 05:14 AM

Yeah, Bishop really can't be any worse than the chumps they had in last week. Add in the extra motivation because it's Toronto and I'm sure he'll be "decent".

I'm still a fan of Kelly though. Well, maybe not a fan but I support him. I definitely like what he's done to the D. Obviously he made a huge mistake with LeFlors, but he does have a plan and everything seemed to have come together.....except for the QB which happens to be the most important piece of the puzzle. If they can get that solved, they will be in good shape. To be honest, I figured they would have this record at this point in the season. Unfortunately it's a rebuilding year and my guess is they will start to come together around Labor Day.

The bad thing is the more I hear Kelly talk, the more I think he just needs to be a little more PC with the way he handles things. Listening to him last night on the coaches show was like listening to a guy dig his own grave (however that sounds). He just isn't doing himself any favors when it comes to winning over the public. I'm all for a guy speaking his mind, but when it comes down to entertainment and a fan based product, sometimes you just need to say what the fans want to hear, not comments like "If you're going attack me, I'm going to go after you". Obviously some people are taking his openness personally, even though what he says is usually true. There are better ways to make a point though.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2009 06:48 AM

Jeff Kull I couldn't agree with you more. It seems his aggressive defensive philosophy pertains to life as well. And you are right, every time he opens his mouth, he seems to create more "ill will."

Man talk about "circling the wagons," and paranoia!!

Maybe it is a strategy to deflect criticism away from his team??? Ya have to admit we're talking about Coach Kelly and not even who 's going to start at QB!!

Unfortunately for him, he hitched his wagon to Laflores who can't seem to get it done. (maybe he is injured?) I was and still am shocked at losing some of the players. I was away in Spring when the big American tackle (Goodspeed)was traded. I was shocked when they simply released Glenn. Kelly Malveaux played his butt off for the team and was traded. Those were all guys that could have brought something of value to the team (Glenn's release did not).

But I guess we did bring in some guys who are younger, cheaper and new. The face of the franchise had to be changed. I was a huge advocate for getting someone other than Glenn. However, keeping him on the team and letting the best man win would not have been a bad idea.

As you said, Michael Bishop's old teams have been a recent nemesis of ours lately, so maybe he can get some wins? Certainly he is an improvement over "limpdick arm" Lacan'tthrow. Meanwhile Randall couldn't play QB any team in the WTFL. I for one have become excited at the potential of seeing Bishop hit Edwards or Bryant with a 60 yard bomb. That's going to be fun!!

So, Kelly, also has my support with his analysis of the players, but he should become a professional politically correct club representative, when talking with the media and public.

Now, about your drive to the U of M campus, in less than a half hour??? What..are you a charter member of the Sana fan club?:)

Comment Posted by sana Jul 28, 2009 09:14 AM

"Sana Fan Club"?? Sa-weeeet! :p

Anyway, as per our discussion, the image below is more Kelly than Marvin the Martian. Kinda cute in a .. bitter angry way!
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/07/16/charlie-brown.jpg

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2009 09:26 AM

Puuuuuuurfect!

Man, put a headset and his "granny" glases on and it's Coach K, on gameday!!! (Nice research!)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com