Forums » General » Bombers vs. Bye week

Messages for Bombers vs. Bye week

Comment Posted by spider Aug 24, 2009 10:08 PM

Hmmmm! what a great schedule!! The CFL sees half it's teams get a bye after week 8 and the other after week nine! Never noticed that before!

Well the team is what 3- 5? Defence still looks good! (needs to get more sacks) Yeah but, the pressures have resulted in the Big Blue leading the league in Ints, so.....that's pretty good.

The O though......One week it's grounding out the yards..the next.....we are in trouble.

Great run game though, Reid and Benson? is that his name? Bernard? Yeah that's it..like our ref Lionel...sort of.

Passing game......Yikes. Has anyone seen Romby Bryant??? What happened to that guy?...and that receiver from Sask...big tall guy...what'she got??? like a 5 yard receiving average?

Well, I must say, I do like Egghead, Coach Kelly. He is "old school" and bringing back a swagger to the D is what FB is all about on D. He's supposed to be an offensive "guru", so let's wait and see. hey Bishop sure can throw.

Not sure if you remember, but I think the last time we won a Grey Cup????I do remember, just not sure about when.....we had a "functional" offense, and a great D....seems to be where we are headed now.

and hey, the rest of the league is in just as much a quandry as we are. BC has zero D,followed by NO pass D in Edmonton, and no run D in Calgary. Sask? They should be good, except they can't figure out who their QB is?

Toronto? forget them,.... Hamilton looking good...... and that leaves Montreal as the cream of the crop.

However, they'll do their usual swan dive at the end of the year, leaving WPG as the East rep for the Grey Cup in Calg. And magically...since we are the longest franchise without a Cup win....we are due.

Enough of that, let' pick the winners and the correct score for this weekend. Who's playing and who will win, with the correct Actual score.....(ahem) SANA!!!

So who is playing??? Not Winnipeg and BC...help????

Comment Posted by marc Aug 24, 2009 10:48 PM

Hamilton at Edmonton: Edmonton wins 25-23
Calgary at Toronto: Calgary wins 43-13

Comment Posted by sana Aug 25, 2009 04:24 AM

What's with Spider and Marc posting at 3am??? Seriously guys .. it's called SLEEPING - Try it! :)

I predict Hamilton will win.
Oh, and just so you men dont get upset, here's an 'ACTUAL' score.
Hamilton - 26
Edmonton - 32

:)

OH and here's another prediction, next bomber loss **knocks on wood** Spider (biggest bipolar Kelly critic out there) will hate Coach K all over again. lol

Comment Posted by spider Aug 25, 2009 05:56 AM

Sleep is over rated............besides...doesn't everyone watch NFLnetwork??? games and football 24-7

Studies have shown that the best cure to not being able to fall asleep is getting out of bed and do something. However, being the busy prognosticators that we are (I was also debriefing from a ref assignment...damn rules, where is my casebook whenI need it)

Hamilton at Edmonton huh???? Yeah that looks like an Edmonton win as well. Hammy is just not proven offensively efficient. Although I do like their Defence. They have a couple DB's who fly around. Don't cha just love DB's that fly around!

(The four best DB's in the dub were Deon Knoll, Patti Phillips, Gary Kelm and still the best Damien Dech. Super fast, agile, challenged almost every ball, and receiver's had to earn their catch, and knew they were in a game.)

Sana, for someone who advocates sleep, you'd think you would have completed the prediction route.....Calgary at Toronto????? Hello..."McFly"....Hello (love those Back to the Future movies)....yeah........Hey,.....how about football movies??? What's your favourite FB movie? Mine has to be "Rudy!" I mean we are Canadians...minorities in our own league (CFL) so it seems.....I am sure many Canadian CFLers have had experiences like Rudy.Then again....if you get to that level........you have probably had huge success at the lower levels.......where was I. ..........sleep deprivation kicking in. ( Wayne where's my Red Bull?.......that stuff actually works!!)

focus, Spide focus.........oh yeah, Calgary at Toronto.........hmmm.......Marcus your score seems rational, Calg is definitly the better team, but.......... TO has a very good defense,and with Pickett at QB.....their Offense began to hum. PLUS, Plus I say, that TO RB was leading the league in rushing. ..........And we all know what the Stamps run D is not like!!!

Unlike our partial picking Mama, I will pick Toronto over Calgary (TO can't lose another home game in a row can they? It's the law of averages, non?) Now the "Sana problem"....(picking the eact score)................31-24 Toronto....

Hey and as far as"kojak" and I are concerned we go way back. We met last Grey cup in ...Montreal, and have been "buds" ever since!!! Shoot from the lip and ask questions later!,,,,none of this politically correct stuff!

"Bi-polar"???.....No I am not "bi" strictly girls for me, and,....... I also detest Polar weather, therefore I am more "straightarid"....Have I mentioned the Daytona Beach story????

Sana...what's the exact score??? It's an old Wayne Harmon (ref and ex-Assassin) line...get him to do the impression for ya:)

Comment Posted by sana Aug 25, 2009 08:25 AM

GASP! Sleep is NEVER over rated. You will take that back right now. Studies suggest to stay away from computers, tv, and 'loud' music in order to remedy sleeplessness. Or just have sex if all fails.

FB Movies:
- Any given sunday!
- We are marshall :)
- The gridiron gang (Mostly cuz the Rock **drool** he's so pretty is in it :) )
- Little giants (come on .. that movie was SOO cute)

Daytona Beach Story...?

Remedy of the Sana prob:
Toronto - 21
Calgary - 36

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 25, 2009 12:21 PM

Sana,

I know we don't know each other, but I thought I would point out an error in your first post on this thread. You said a Hamilton win, but gave a score for Edmonton to win.

Since I am posting, I'll say:
Edm 29 Ham 25
Cal 38 Tor 15

Les

Comment Posted by spider Aug 25, 2009 08:09 PM

Aha! caught in the act......SANA!!!! fess up, which is it?????... my dyslexic cohort!!!

Les .. This is Sana, Streak All-Star. Sana, this is Les, Anvil All-Star, and one of 5 current Head refs.

Les is going with the favourites, it looks like....makes sense......but does sport always make sense???? We ahall see!!

Just got back from league headquarters, the Silver Heights where we toasted our woman pioneers, Wendy Swanston, Melissa Harmon and HR, Rebecca Duhard who formed the first all- babe female reffing crew!!! Congrats to the ladies for stepping up and taking care of business.

This was the first time in Manitoba history that a game was reffed by WTFL appionted three Lady Certified refs!!

Hats off to you Ladies. Another reason why the WTFL is the League to play in!

Comment Posted by sana Aug 26, 2009 06:49 AM

Les, very nice to meet you :)
Good eye on my mistake. Clearly Spiders dyslexic self is rubbing off on me.

Hamilton - 32
Edmonton - 26

Comment Posted by spider Aug 27, 2009 05:34 AM

I like your score Sana,......I'll say Hamilton 31 - Edmonton 24. Yes I like Hamilton's improvement and Edmonton I believe has the worst Pass defense in the land. Did they get their first int last week, or are they still searching?

When do these games happen?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 27, 2009 07:56 AM

who gives a diddly poop! this is bomberland....you wanna talk about stinkin tigger pussy's then go on the hamilton website...

Oh...and have a nice day!

BSG

oh I'd rather be a bungler then a ****** tigger cat....etc, etc..

Comment Posted by spider Aug 27, 2009 09:15 AM

OO is having a bad day!??? Mr. dubbllee zeeero, there are no Bomber games this week!!! That's why we have to address our outher brethern........the polar people, the pussy cats, the horseman, and the Losers!!!

It's like I always say...A day without a Sanapost is like a day without sunshine............and look, clouds with a threat of rain when we have to play....not to worry, it will last just long enough to get wet.....

Comment Posted by sana Aug 28, 2009 07:19 AM

You know what i hate?? I hate the fact that i have NEVER EVER gotten off a speeding/parking ticket! My morning started with a judge telling me i have to pay my nasty ticket in full. I'm feeling bitter today. MAY have the same rowdy attitude as 00. *groan.

There's some sunshine in your day Spider :)

Comment Posted by spider Aug 28, 2009 12:00 PM

Rain???

Wind??

Anchovies?

Mosquitos??

liver?

tequila?

long grass

un-lined fields....

A speeding ticket?..... no problem......I have one, also....little thin yellow paper!!!

Not paid!! about $270.00....damn Optimist games.... If a speeding ticket is unpaid will they still let you out of the country? I am going to Regina for the Classic,and I wonder if they'll let me board the plane??? or what about to the USA???
But hey, a post by Sana,and look at the beautiful blue sky!!!!

Thanks Sana, Sorry to hear your living in the fast lane.....but you are not alone!!!Maybe you could talk to the Combines, Vipers or Badgers and see if they could help?

If that fails talk to the Prez, and his bro,they can help!! :)

Comment Posted by sana Aug 31, 2009 04:29 AM

Spider, who are these people? I need a lawyer, a judge or a thief that can rob a bank for me! JUST KIDDING :)

Note to self, one day when I rule the world, I’ll make embarrassing community service punishment for traffic violations, not raping peoples bank accounts.
But ..I'm over it. Although $480 would have been best spent on ME and not the law :( AT LEAST give me a tax receipt? No?

And yes Spider, I would assume unless you have a warrant you can fly w/ an unpaid ticket. I've yet to be stopped for THAT reason.

OH! And did I mention mine was after an optimist game too?!? Ahh well, that's what I get for speeding. Lesson learned?!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 31, 2009 07:33 AM

ok, get off this thread already, the bye week's over!!!! Come on Maz we only have 4 days to HaMazo's whoooo eeee

Bunglers ?? Banjo pickers ?

Come on..you think I'm givin my score that early in the week....notice the number of question marks tho...stay tuned

Comment Posted by spider Aug 31, 2009 10:26 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh Hah! Amigo.........Ha=Mezo's awaits, duhn da-dad dun -dun dun, dun............

Sana, everything looks better from the bottom of a teqila bottle, and as the Prez just said, we are off to the land of wheat and funny.....How many more dase?

$480.00??????????That would pay for an entire trip to HaMezo's land!..or do you mean pesos?

BSG ess peekin an upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????Holy Sister Marie!!!!!

Woooooooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeee! When's my flight?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com