Forums » General » Week 10 Game Nine - Blue vs Green

Messages for Week 10 Game Nine - Blue vs Green

Comment Posted by spider Aug 31, 2009 10:46 AM

The end of Summer is upon us!.......with a week of temps in the high 20's!!!!!!!!

and the latest fom Bomberville- the coach has cancelled the "call-in" portion of the the Coach's "call-in show!!!"

Let's re-name the Bombers the Gong -Show, with head man Baldy as the head ringer!??

I mean what next???? Trading Doug Brown and Baron Simpson???(wait six months for that to happen)

Well which side of Sybil will show up on Sunday? The good Bombers???or the Bad Bombers?

The labour Day Classic football game is the closest Canada gets to an American style University/College game...in that the entire town is pumped for this game!

I for one have never really gotten to witness the pre-game day stuff as we've alays been either playing in the final of the Tournament, or reffing it. It's a rush back to the hotel and shower, down a few brooskies and catch a cab for the three minute ride within minutes of kick-off.

But, there are tons of 'Peggers who do get into it, WITH LATE NIGHT PARTYING, and face painting,and post-game partying..........and the odd time the Bombers win!!!!!

It does suck when we lose though!

But this time I am in the temp seats in the end zone, with no washrooms (there is a horror story to accompany that), probably no beer, but closer to the ground for the quick exit.

In recent years the Bombers seem to try and "just survive" the opening quarter. And that's when Glen was putting up some offence............now...........this one should be over after the 1st quarter. As I said, Sask will come out and storm the Bombers and probably this time over whelm them........What will Coach Mike Kelly do this time.......hang himself with the phone cord to the spotter's booth????......Oh sorry.....that may be tonite on the call-in show.

What will that guy do next to embarass the city of Winnipeg next? I am sure this will make national sports news later today!

Oh well let' all go watch former WTFLer Donovan Alexander play CB for the Riders! The WTFL....where the Pro's come to play!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Sep 01, 2009 03:03 AM

The Pacman's comin to town....Hey if the Pacman is in uni this w/e, i am definitely pickin the Bunglers to win this one...Whoo eeee Pacman's in town

Gwabba..gwabba..gwabba..gwabba....GULP!..gwabba..gwabba..gwabba..GULP!....

Comment Posted by spider Sep 01, 2009 03:26 AM

Yah,Yah...and apparently they are giving Derek Armstrong a second chance as well. They said he's gotten over his sleep apnea and won't walk anymore, but actually try and run some patterns.

Also just in, they are having discussions with Charles Manson (U. of California,Alcatraz)Offensive guard, who is the master of the chop block. Finally, Jack T Ripper, LB, London Nights, will be announced on Thanksgiving, in keeping with tradition!

And CJOB, will replace Copach's show with Crime Stoppers on Monday nights.....4 more sleeps! before Ha-Mezos!

Comment Posted by marc Sep 01, 2009 05:42 AM

If Pacman's plays in regina, then maybe hitting Habano's after the game could be a bad idea. Although not a strip club, they do have the poles in there and he could get confused and start shootin!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Sep 01, 2009 07:36 AM

Hey, anyone have a line on some fake ID? ....we may need to help the Pac cross the border...

Comment Posted by spider Sep 01, 2009 09:01 AM

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHH!

Fake ID no, Stripper Poles, Yes! Hey............Remember Mississauga and the Chair????..........ooop! never mind.

Bomber Fan Forum says they have some more news comin down...could it be...???? Milt out of retirement????? for one last shot at the CUP??? I mean it would make sense!? They got the big arm QB in Bishop...not that Milt could still go get it....but, even as a possession receiver, Milt could get the ball quicker and get a few YACs.......

Ha-Mesos has stripper poles???

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Sep 01, 2009 11:35 AM

Hey don't go there....(Missisauga :p)

the Pacman cometh....

Comment Posted by alouette Sep 01, 2009 04:53 PM

Holy crap !!!

One win against BC and you're already thinking CUP ? :):):) As I said before, you guys are delusional. No team will pass by the Als in the East. :p

Since no one want to start the ball on the score, I'll snap you this one too Cliffffeee.
Saskatchewan 34 Winnipeg 15. But you guys have fun in Regina...

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Sep 03, 2009 03:07 AM

alright, the Pacman dieth...gwabba..gwabba...wha,wha,wha!

Being that i am on top of the leaderboard with the 2 winning weeks, i am going to risk a little more here and say....

Bunglers 27 (vingt-sept)
roughies 17 (dix-sept for the all wet dude)

HaaaaaaMaaaaaaazoooooooss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here we go bombers...here we go....

Comment Posted by spider Sep 03, 2009 05:17 AM

The Guru of game scores has spoken. And maybe it's one of those
"leap" years, so it seems. HE is picking the Bombers!!!! It's a "leap" of faith!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllriiiiiiiiiiiiight!

I agree the Bombers just may have come together as a team, but, that passing game scares me. And like I said, if the Roughies have the rock on Offense the majority of time, they'll put up some points.

The good news though is Ihave been totally wrong in all my game day predictions. Mang, if the Bumblers win, there will be a lot of happy campers in the Regina Ramada.

An interesting point will be to see how well the Bomber defense does vs. a decent offense.

A comment about the pacman saga..........Isn't Kelly amazing, using the old Bill Belicheck trick for deflecting media talk away from the actual team/players. Has anyone even mentioned, the match-ups yet?? Maybe it's still too early?

Well, what does everyone else think? Can Fred Reid get another 100 yards? Can Mike Bishop get a second 200 yard passing game? Will Romby Bryant catch a pass? (I have a feeling Bryant will have a career game, this Sunday)

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Sep 03, 2009 11:33 AM

Law of averages says Bombers have to win in Regina one of these years, maybe this is the one. Bombers 27 Green Riders 24

Les

Comment Posted by s34 Sep 03, 2009 05:27 PM

The most interesting ref in the world says the best place to watch the game is from the hotel room with many beers!

Not paying $80 for a ticket to a CFL game....you can see the Vikings for that!

16 labour day games from 1988-2004

GO MAZE.... do us proud!

Comment Posted by marc Sep 03, 2009 05:38 PM

HAHAHA the new WTFL / Dos Equis commercial:

"The players try to get penalties, just to hear him make the call"

"He can recite the rule book in multiple languages, forward and backward"

"He once made a bad call, just to see how it feels"

He's the most interesting ref in the world!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about go here:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BA733E2D1E133002

Comment Posted by spider Sep 12, 2009 04:25 AM

Yup Alouette, was the winner!

But what about Part Two?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com