Forums » General » Championship Matchups

Messages for Championship Matchups

Comment Posted by marc Oct 07, 2009 11:12 AM

With the finals less than a week away here are the matchups for the championships. Congratulations to everybody who has made it this far!
See the schedule page for the game times.

Drillers vs Da Bears
Drillers have an impressive 13-1 record, but their loss did come against Da Bears.

GG Dubs vs Barking Spiders
GG Dubs won both regular season matchups, but one of the games was decided by a single point.

Can't Touch This vs The Knights
They split the series 1-1, the tie breaker takes home the trophy.

Necessary Roughness vs BAMF
These guys also are 1-1 against each other. Should be a great game.

Bonditty Bengals vs Anvils
Bonditty swept the Anvils in the regular season, however both games were pretty close. With all the rain-outs and cold weather these teams faced, they are both ready for October.

Vipers vs Dogg Pound
This game might be the most interesting matchup of the bunch. Vipers took both regular season games, but the last one was a 26-25 thriller that came down to the final play. Both teams looked sharp in their semi-final wins.

Sunparties.com vs Assassins
Sunparites lead the series 4-2 but the Assassins championship streak dates back to longer than I've been in this league. Somebody help me out with that one.

All games are at the stadium under the lights. Family, friends and fans are invited to watch. Please enter the stadium using the Volunteer entrance.

Anybody have any predictions?

Comment Posted by marc Oct 07, 2009 11:58 AM

If you need a map to the volunteer gate: http://wtfl.ca/league_file/file_name/18/Volunteer_Gate_Location.jpg

Comment Posted by captainwoody Oct 07, 2009 01:13 PM

I'll throw out a few predictions:

Drillers vs. Da Bears - I can see an upset in the making for Da Bears. 13 - 8 for Da Bears

GG Dubs vs. Barking Spiders - I'll give the edge to GG Dubs. 21 - 6

Can't Touch This vs. The Knights - Youth vs. Vets. I'll stick with Youth. 24 - 19

Necessary Roughness vs. BAMF - I'll go with BAMF. 25 - 20

Bengals vs. Anvils - I honestly don't know. This could go either way. Edge to the Bengals. 20 - 18 .

Vipers vs. Dogg Pound - High scoring Affair. I think Vipers are going to steal this one away from the Pound. 32 - 27.

Sunparties.com vs. Assassins - No disrespect to the Assassins but I'm going with Sunparties. 35 - 30.

Comment Posted by spider Oct 15, 2009 08:02 AM

Neal,

You're pretty good on those predictions. Now who's going to win the NDP leadership??? Hey Wendy you in on this???:)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com