Forums » General » Making Insurance Claims

Messages for Making Insurance Claims

Comment Posted by Token May 24, 2006 11:31 AM

How do we go about making claims?? Is there a policy number you can give us?

Mike

Comment Posted by Tslice May 24, 2006 11:46 AM

Good luck on collecting anything. I broke my leg last summer while playing, missing over a month of work, and didnt see a DIME. They told me i was entitled to get 20 dollars back for crutches.....almost one year later i havnt seen a dime. I am pretty sure the name of the insurance company that I dealt with was Horizon.

Good luck with that

toDD

Comment Posted by Marcus May 24, 2006 05:17 PM

send an email to insurance@wtfl.ca and we'll get you the info.

Comment Posted by Token May 24, 2006 05:41 PM

Thanks Marcus

Mike

Comment Posted by theprez May 25, 2006 08:41 AM

Well with all your communication that I had with your team, i am surprised that i wasn't contacted with the situation. Please let me know when there is a problem. I can't address forum posts.

btw, it is not disability insurance.

theprez

Comment Posted by aloszchuk May 25, 2006 09:53 AM

Is it possible to put up the insurance policy info or at least a link to it?

Comment Posted by Byatch May 25, 2006 09:39 PM

What kind of insurance is it exactly and what does it cover?

Hangnails?

I would guess that additional insurance would be a good idea?

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet May 26, 2006 07:45 AM

League insurance is health insurance, which reimburses items such as braces, crutches, etc. Not sure if it covers physiotherapy, chiropracty or massage. Have to check the policy to see what it does cover. Disability insurance is not part of league insurance. For that, you either need to be covered through your workplace or you need to purchase individual disability insurance. Also, league insurance is second payor, which means if you have your own health insurance (work or private), that plan pays first and the league plan would pick up any overage. If you do not have any type of insurance, league insurance will be first payor.

Comment Posted by jkull May 26, 2006 09:15 AM

In reality, how much coverage would you expect from $15 dollars for the season??? That's about 2 bucks a month. I surely wouldn't expect it to pay a portion of my salary while I was off work. If that was the case, I think we'd have a bunch of regular Joe's registering in the league just for the insurance coverage.

Comment Posted by mbender May 26, 2006 09:28 AM

I think Adam was correct, some type of information about the insurance policy would be valuable. Does the insurance company that the WTFL use have a website of it's own that maybe you could link too?

Team reps, new players and alot of veteran players really don't know much about it to tell you the truth.

Regardless of the fee, you should still have some information about it so you have more answers then questions especially when some guys don't have private insurance.

Comment Posted by marcus May 26, 2006 12:57 PM

Once I round up all the info I'll have it up on the site. I'm not in charge of the insurance stuff so I don't want to post up the wrong stuff. Stay tuned.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com