Forums » General » FINALS!!!

Messages for FINALS!!!

Comment Posted by silkysmooth Oct 14, 2009 10:46 AM

I would like to know why we have waited so long to play the finals?? its been over a month since our last game and i am just curious as to why there was such a long wait for this game??
can somebody from the executive committee please give me a reason for this??
doesnt seem to make any sense to me ...

suk

Comment Posted by marc Oct 14, 2009 11:24 AM

Hey Suk,

A number of things came into play when scheduling the playoffs. The original dates for the championships were planned for the weekend of Oct 3-4th but stadium availability and the season ending a week later due to the rainouts we had this season were issues. Also, 2 of the elite teams were planning on going to nationals (only assassins actually did) so when we scheduled this we wanted to either do the elite final a week before or a week after the TOC weekend. The earliest available stadium dates that would work were the 13-14th and then the 20th.

I agree it doesn't make sense to wait that long between the regular season and the finals so I apologize and we'll try to do a better job with this next year. You can also blame Raj, it was his idea (just kidding).

Some people like the late october finals, some people want it early. We tried to go somewhere in the middle this year and add the night games into the mix. Last night's conditions at the stadium were great and I think teams enjoyed playing under the lights.

I hope this answers your question.

p.s. It hasn't been a month yet, but it will be next week :)

Comment Posted by duhard Oct 14, 2009 11:28 AM

Also, win less. Then you won't get a bye to the finals and can then play another game in between there :)

and blame Raj.

Comment Posted by marc Oct 14, 2009 11:29 AM

I can also contact the Eagles and we'll trade spots with you?

Comment Posted by silkysmooth Oct 15, 2009 10:27 AM

sounds good Marc...i would be on the side of having the finals played a lil earlier ... dont mind the cold weather ... its the rain an snow that would make playing not so fun ...
and this is our first elite final so we wont be changing spaces with anyone ...

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com