Forums » General » Div 1

Messages for Div 1

Comment Posted by eagles May 25, 2006 07:40 AM

With all the rumors about Div 1(A) and Div 1(B)going around can anyone explain what the specifics are? You have some guys playing on 2 Division 1 teams, how can this be? I don't remember this being passed at an AGM. Was this an executive decision? and are the executive allowed to make such a decision? Not complaining just wondering what the deal is. Anyone out there want to take this one? If a previous explanation was given, I apologize but I haven't heard it.

Thanks,
Andy

Comment Posted by kirby May 25, 2006 08:13 AM

You can peruse here for a little info: http://www.wtfl.ca/forums/list_messages/1146

Comment Posted by pippen33 May 25, 2006 08:45 AM

just curios about the avenger scores...did they really whip the titans that bad?
also ogo should have 3 picks.

Comment Posted by speed kills May 25, 2006 09:32 AM

Wow I hope not!! I have no idea as I was unable to attend but I hope we didn't lose like that!! I'm trying to find an update from my team though. I will keep you posted.

Comment Posted by speed kills May 25, 2006 09:48 AM

I believe we lost bad but oh well thats football. Somedays you have it and some you don't.

Comment Posted by eagles May 30, 2006 11:46 AM

Ok, I read the other thread. Whatever. It just seems that this whole thing was being slipped under the radar, that nobody would notice, and that puts a bad taste in some mouths. I don't remember the exec informing everyone of what was going on. If they had, all this chit chat may have been avoided. I am a ref and I didn't hear anything about it at the ref's meetings either.

Oh well, we'll see how it plays out. Have a good season everyone.

Andy

Comment Posted by marcus May 30, 2006 01:39 PM

The league was caught in a lose-lose situation here. If the Outsiders stayed in div 2 then several div 2 teams were going to cry and move back into div 3. As you can see, div 3 is pretty full as it is.
So instead the league is letting the outsiders play in div 1 and they can still use 3 "upper divison" players and this lets more teams play in div 2.

Is it ideal? Definitely not. Is there a better solution? I'm not sure. The exec can only do what's in the best interest of the league. If you don't agree, join the exec and help us out.

Comment Posted by eagles May 31, 2006 08:21 PM

Hey, I've been on the exec - I know it's not easy. You guys are doing a great job with the way the league has grown. I'm not raggin on you for the decision, i'm raggin on you guys for not letting us know what was going on, it looked like you guys were trying to keep it quiet. All i'm saying is if a situation like this ever comes about again, the league may want to consider just letting everyone know what's going on right off the bat without players needing to ask questions. But now I'm just repeating myself, hey - it's all good. See you on the field Marcus.

Comment Posted by nomads Jun 01, 2006 08:02 PM

Oh I see we are baseing decisions on crying. Boo Hoo I would like to have beer after every quarter and I want it in a frosty mug Boo Hoo. Yea thats the way to run an organization.
Glen

Comment Posted by sarge Jun 02, 2006 04:49 AM

wow Glen, what's the deal guy?? Andy just asked a question, Marcus responded with what he knew....all said and done. why are you riding these guys so hard?

Comment Posted by mbender Jun 02, 2006 05:06 AM

Hey Glen,

and while your busting the chops of these guys, do me a favor and teach that new rusher of yours the finer points of being a rusher. I think I must of slipped that guy 3 or 4x during our game..... if this keeps up after our 3 meetings this year I might get the rep of being a semi Mobile QB - ha! not like that will ever happen :)

Marty B
The new "scrambling Threat" QC QB :)

Comment Posted by spider Jun 02, 2006 09:03 AM

OK now I must be past the coherent stage. Glen, the scary part was I kind of understood what your messages were about....But, although Andy? always is whining and complaining about the league's conspiracy theories, I don't quite get your last comment. Was it about him and the whiny Eagles, or about the league.

Man I haven't even had a beer at the field yet, so I can't understand your comment, if it refers to the WTFL exec??? I just don't get it. It's not beer it's frozen Stawberry margaritas at Altos And certainly, the tea totoalling Eagles??? having a beer???? I just don't get it.

And Glen, with comments like those.....I think you should come to the exec meetings,.....like not to even discuss league policy or anything, but just join me in the strawberry margaritas I always consume.

Andy, How did you think I came up with the 2 in 1 division division.

Glen..Hooters 4:15 today, then the exec meeting at 5:00 at CanadInns Polo Park

Kanwal, I need more meds!!!

Comment Posted by nomads Jun 02, 2006 11:58 AM

Darrell: I always try to see how many feathers I can ruffle.
Glen
All in Fun
You know me

Comment Posted by nomads Jun 02, 2006 12:14 PM

Marty: Next time we meet I'm going to rush to teach the young squirt a few lessons.
Glen

Comment Posted by spider Jun 03, 2006 06:56 AM

ruffled feathers/eagles...
goood one Glen

Now I see it.!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com