Forums » General » Woman's Clinic May/2006

Messages for Woman's Clinic May/2006

Comment Posted by spider May 27, 2006 07:54 PM

Wow!

Another great job by the WTFL, bringing new people to the game of Touch Football

Congratulations to organizer and Woman's Div co-ordinator, Wendy Shupenia for organizing a perfect clinic. (How often can one organize an event and have it come off perfectly?) Wendy a terrific job!! The WTFL exec and volunteer coaches and Woman's div players who helped register the 24 attendees did a great job also.

The Prez Cliff Kitchen taught the ladies how to"snap" at the center position. Just one question though, Cliff, you dawg.... why were you always behind them?(Hey just kidding)

Andy Reghr for coaching the ladies through the Rusher position and "rules questions" station.

Current U of M. Bison QB coach, Brad Sarna,fresh back from Arena 2 indoor football, coached the ladies through the QB station.

Ancient, former Assassin, DB, Rick,"Mixmaster" (don't ask) Hoydelo, had the DB's
Be sure to ask Rick about his latest physiological? treatment (for his 51 year old knees!) or why we used to call him the Doctor. (But hey, when a guy moves like a 30 year old....he must be doing some thing right.)

OK....
But the best station - Receivers, was reserved for the WTFL's 2003? All-Star game Outstanding receiver, and Outsider star, Marcus Jeanson,and myself. I have no idea what happened at the other stations because we were so intense with our groups that there was no time to look around.

MJ is a great player, but an even better coach!!! man, was he ever interesting!!
Now the cool part was that this event featured the best 24 attendees at a football clinic that I have ever coached at in my 32 years of coaching. I mean usually you get some really clued out people, ...you know, but Babes, and I do mean babes, (it was like a beauty pagent out there)......yeah you know where I am going with this....

No stop that... OK back on task...

You should have seen the ladies catch the ball, as MJ said to upon after the receptio to "cradle it like a baby!!!"......I mean......I never thought I'd hear that at a football clinic!!!..... BUT IT WORKED!!!

All of our receivers learned how to focus, catch and tuck, and head upfield after the catch.

We then taught the hook,the out, the post and the corner. We even went to advanced concepts like an outside release upon take off, and an angle breakdown at the break point.

That was cool, because it changes the entire look of each pattern signficantly. When Marcus demonstrated the outside release and the angled breakdown, some of the girls were literally "oooohing and awwwwing." (Man that dude has quick feet!)What a great pattern, and technique. MJ we got to make a "how to" video!

Hey, then the ladies ran it, and the seperation and spacing was just incredible.(I think I really like coaching lady receivers!!)That really was a thing of beauty!

The next portion of the clinic featured a scrimmage, after a 15 minute water break, as the sun finally broke through. Wendy then held a number of door prize draws, as well as made sure everyone knew that the season would start mid July with exhibition games.

New for this year will be at least two more teams, plus an increased schedule up to 12 games. Ladies game are getting a sideline ref as well, I believe??

Again,a fantastic job, by the organizers, coaches,volunteers and the participants!!

Comment Posted by marcus May 28, 2006 12:37 PM

hahaha marcus and "quick" in the same sentence.....was there beer being served there that I didn't hear about?

I had a blast at the clinic, I hope the players found it helpful. I hope we do it again next year.

Hats off to Wendy who ran a very organized event, as well as the other volunteers who did a great job!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com