Forums » General » May 28th games

Messages for May 28th games

Comment Posted by theprez May 28, 2006 07:12 AM

I have talked to the referees who are going to be headed out to the fields. the games will go unless field conditions dictate otherwise, we won't know until someone gets out there so for the 1pm games it will be a game time decision. Head out there if you don't hear anything. if I get the word back that the field conditions are unplayable, then it will be reported here and will be on the 25 after the hour sports casts on CJOB.

Best that I can do for now. Hopefully the games go ahead and you can play. thanks.

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 07:24 AM

thanks prez

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 08:07 AM

Have you heard from the refs from optimus park? whats the word on the games there?

Comment Posted by avengers May 28, 2006 08:25 AM

Show up and play - you will be informed otherwise. You worry too much, you'll give yourself an ulcer.

Jon

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 08:41 AM

worry? I'm not worried. I'm working!! It wouldn't be to good if i have to take the time off and leave work to get told that my game is cancelled. Isn't this the point of having a web site to be informed?

Comment Posted by avengers May 28, 2006 08:56 AM

Aren't you the same guy in an earlier post who wanted team reps to be phoned due to lack of web access?

I don't think the WTFL insurance covers ulcers/high blood pressure.

Jon

Comment Posted by jkarsin May 28, 2006 09:29 AM

The 11:00 AM game (Venom vs. South Side Trojans) was cancelled. We were there right at the peak of the storm. Please keep us posted on the make up game status.

Jade

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 12:43 PM

no. I'm the same guy who is playing in this league for the first time,and trying out how this whole thing works. I apologize for asking Questions but i understand that this is the main communication medium for this league and i like to be informed about whats going on. we missed out on a great chance to win the inddor title. but due to a lack of communication i had to tell 13 player that their hard work was useless. i don't want to miss a beat...it seems that u are on this website just as much. If you are a volunteer, keep up the good work. if not ...i don't think that the WTFL insurance covers lame ass shots at people you don't know.

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 12:50 PM

Maybe it's a TOOMEER

Comment Posted by mbender May 28, 2006 01:49 PM

Hey Dennis,

You and your team have paid there cash and you have the right to have your questions answered. After reading quite a few posts on the site, It looks like some veteran players have forgotten that there is a new generation of players here that "don't know everything and are just trying to learn" more about the league and sport that some of us have been apart of for years, I agree that we really shouldn't be slamming or making smart ass comments about questions that novice members of the league might have.

although I have found a few of your questions or comments alittle "over the top" at times (meaning that you seem to expect quite a bit more than what the this league or any league would supply) your absolutely correct when certain individuals especially those who are representing this league should be answering your questions not making light of them.

Marty B
OC QB #18
Referee

Comment Posted by DP May 28, 2006 05:38 PM

thanks marty,
i know some things are over the top, but they are just questions and suggestions. and it's just for clarification for me to pass on to my guys, cuz they always seem to have questions too. give me a couple of weeks to settle in boyz....but thanks for understanding...like i said before, the posts don't come across in the same way as a question face to face..so if someone has a bad day...they read a post...and boom...100% jerk....but whatever...all i know is we are 2-0 and we are haven a guys time.. looking forward for the end of the year.

cheers
Dennis

Comment Posted by nomads May 28, 2006 07:52 PM

Hey Guys: When I trained Jon on QBing I thought it ended there, but I see he has carried on my tradition of acid tounge.That a boy Jon.When I'm gone someone can carry on the tradition.How do you spell tounge.
Glen

Comment Posted by marcus May 28, 2006 08:15 PM

You guys do acid? Now it makes sense.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet May 29, 2006 06:22 AM

Betcha the monkeys do it too...

Comment Posted by DP May 30, 2006 10:23 AM

By the way Jon....you were the one who had posted that the team rep was going to be contacted in that same post where you thought I had a lack of web access. I was just clarifying what you had posted on may 27th remember this???

"Always assume the game is on unless posted on the site or contacted by your team rep."

That was taken directly from your post. So if someone doesn't have access to the web..i assume by YOUR post here that someone will be calling the team rep??

I was just asking if it would have been the ref's at the fields, or someone else??

Oh yeah...It's NOT a TOOMER

Comment Posted by Token May 30, 2006 11:34 AM

OK first off, Don't have inside jokes, and if you do, don't post them on a freakin' football site where no one cares.

Second, if you're going to try to imitate a movie everyone knows, at least get it right.

Everyone knows that a little kid tells Schwarzenegger in "Kindergarten Cop" that "Maybe it's a tumor." The kid has no accent, so your earlier post trying to imitate him is wrong.

As to your point from the last post, I have read elsewhere, and you should have too, that the team rep will be e-mailed when games are cancelled. If your rep doesn't have internet access, maybe you could ask him to join us in the 21st century.

Mike

Comment Posted by DP May 30, 2006 02:04 PM

who are u? I didn't see your name addressing that last post. If you are the defender of the league then i think that you forgot your cape! Second of Inside jokes is all i've heard since getting this web site. third i could care less about the kid in the movie, and as to my last point.I was simply stating something that was an issue before. I'm the rep and i do have the net. but some of the older guys in this league is who you should be taking that up with. ITS NOT A TOOMEER!!!

Dennis #9 Stealers

Comment Posted by the ryan May 30, 2006 05:23 PM

Perhaps if Dennis took some of his own advice, and didn't take posts so personally, since "posts dont come across in the same way as a question face to face ", then we could all appreciate a little bit of wittiness and sarcastic humour and not have to let everyone know about how we are simply misunderstood every time you see a retort on this forum. If you get your panties in a bundle every time someone shoots a stupid remark on this forum, its going to be a long season for you.

Comment Posted by nomads May 30, 2006 08:36 PM

The Ryan is a High IQ guy( see other post) I will respond.
Glen

Comment Posted by Token May 31, 2006 11:02 AM

Wow Dennis, nice to see you read these posts closely before you respond to them.

I'm not going to put my name on this one, so why don't you go back to my last post and see if you can figure out what my name is this time.

Comment Posted by DP May 31, 2006 12:39 PM

Don't gotta look back at the post to remember the name jack@$$!

Comment Posted by Token May 31, 2006 01:10 PM

Hey Glen,

You know your list of people you don't respond to because their IQ is just too low? Well have you added DP yet?

Comment Posted by DP May 31, 2006 02:24 PM

actually...you rounded up that list token! And i know that no one can be below -5 to be as slow as yourself and your lame ass comebacks.

Comment Posted by DP May 31, 2006 02:32 PM

I don't know anybody on this site to have to call on to defend myself either as i think i have the whole "older generation" comin down on me. Hold on a couple of years and let us develop as a team, we'll be right up there with you guys and we can settle this on the field. I'm sick of having to come on this site to have guys talking smack. Hey...let it go...ok i'm a dummy...look at me ...token has measured my IQ by reading my posts. and he can determine that im a dummy...there u go ...there is some ammo...have fun token!!! hope you got your fix....YA JACK@$$

Comment Posted by Alzies May 31, 2006 08:41 PM

Wow I think somebody needs a hug or something. Maybe a lollipop or a sucker would cheer DP up.
AS for token I think his IQ is lower than -5, we all have to remember that he is american, and Token bring me back my notes and I hope they helped.

Comment Posted by Token May 31, 2006 09:46 PM

Al, you keep talking like that and I'm going to have you erased when I become president in 2032.

Mike

Comment Posted by rey Jun 01, 2006 06:42 AM

actually, by 2032, the job title will be Imperial Leader of the Known Galaxy and Beyond, understood in diplomatic circles to be IM A KNOB (IMperial leAder of the KNOwn galaxy and Beyond).

iq now hovering in the low 190's.

Comment Posted by DP Jun 01, 2006 07:49 AM

Yeah i do need a hug! Responding at 1:00 in the morning? we all know who you guys are spending your nights with...
Palmela Handerson!!
and to the yankee..to bad the closest bush you'll have is George's.
Adios Turd nuggets!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com