Forums » General » Fields fields fields

Messages for Fields fields fields

Comment Posted by marc Mar 24, 2010 08:33 PM

As we approach the new season, there is a lot of talk about who's got the best fields and where they are etc. I guess some people have a different definations of what the "BEST" fields really are.

Characteristics of the BEST fields:
1) Lush green grass, crowned, with proper drainage and no holes.
2) Alternatively, field turf (like the Stadium) is pretty awesome.
3) Proper football lines.
4) Location close to home.

For #1 above, it doesn't get much better than the St. James Rod's field. This was a field we added last year, and if you had a chance to play on it I think you would agree. We will be using this field again this year even more, and we'll make sure everybody gets a chance to try it. It truely is the BEST field I've played on in Winnipeg.

For #2 above, we're the only league that plays our championships at the stadium. We also setup optional stadium games for those that are interested. We're the only league that does this, and we are working on a few more things that we just can't release yet regarding field turf.

For #3, we were able to have all our fields lined last year, except for a week when the fields were just to wet to put decent lines down. We can always get better at this, but last year was a big improvement over previous years. This year will be even better.

For #4, this obviously depends on where you live. We have requests in for all our previous fields as well as a few more to help give us better coverage across the city. Once those fields are finalized we will post them up on the site.

We have enough fields that we can rotate them all without doing damage, so that they are always in the best shape possible.

What makes a great field for you? Let us know!

Comment Posted by cwentz Mar 27, 2010 06:34 AM

Have they made improvements on little mountain yet? Was nice there were no goal posts but the fields were always very poorly maintained?!?

I'd also vote for every game at optimist

Comment Posted by marc Mar 27, 2010 03:11 PM

We won't be playing at little mountain for those reasons. We are working on a few new North end locations to make people on that side of the city happy. For your area of town Chris, we'll have Optimist and Rods for you.

When you make schedule requests, you can include your preference of fields and we'll do our best to make sure you play there as much as possible.

Comment Posted by cwentz Mar 27, 2010 03:16 PM

There's simkin park, feild sometimes tore up but is a high feild so keeps dry, or the nomads feild but I dunno if they rent it out.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com