Forums » General » Crazy PLays # 2

Messages for Crazy PLays # 2

Comment Posted by spider May 19, 2010 05:49 AM

OK here's a rather easy one.

The offense punts on 3rd down. The ball lands at thereceiving team's 3 tard line, rolls and hits the goaline cone(at the intersection of the goalline and sideline, then rolls into the endzone, and then rolls out of bounds. Point or no point? Anyone care to guess?

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 19, 2010 06:27 AM

I'm gonna say no point. Ball is scrimmaged at the 10 yard line.

Comment Posted by dvmuir May 19, 2010 07:47 AM

As the cone is considered out of bounds, the ball would be blown dead when it hit the cone. no point as the ball did not cross the goal line prior to going out of bounds. On a punt the ball is scrimmaged where the punt went out of bounds, so it will be scrimmaged at the 1 yard line.

Comment Posted by heisman May 19, 2010 07:53 AM

Im thinking that the cone is out of bounds and considered part of the end.
Therefore this should be a point regardless of where the ball bounces after it hit the cone because the cone is out of bounds.

By the way this is a great idea. Im sure a few of us will learn just enough to complain about more calls but now we actually might know what we are talking about.

Comment Posted by marc May 19, 2010 09:59 AM

Point. Blown dead when it hits the cone. Ball scrimmages after at the 35 yard line.

If I'm not right, I'll just change the rule book until I am. I agree with Garrett though, these are great posts.

Comment Posted by spider May 19, 2010 03:01 PM

Well, glad to hear this is "food for thought." If that's the case consider the kitchen open. I got a ton of plays that almost always come up,....but only once a year!!,... and they perplex the heck out of everyone.

As I said earlier, if there was interest, I'd [post a new one each week. Since I was a little late this week, I'll post another one on Friday. Then every Friday we can discuss these "perplexing" plays.

Anyone else have a comment on this case.

Comment Posted by ging11 May 20, 2010 02:07 AM

Touchdown! Then you slam a beer, fist pump, and dive head first into the nearest water filled ditch. Keep em coming!

Comment Posted by spider May 20, 2010 02:19 PM

Ginger, I like your way of thinking, but..........

Anyone else.??

Comment Posted by spider May 21, 2010 05:39 AM

OK here's the answer.

1.) The cones are out of bounds.
2.) If the ball hit the cone, it would be out of bounds, prior to entering theendzone, therefore..............NO POINT.
Ball on the one. (Reg 21.2 old case book)

Comment Posted by marc Jul 28, 2010 08:36 AM

This happened last night actually. Luckily we discussed it here otherwise we would've likely called it wrong.

Keep these coming!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2010 10:03 AM

No Prob,

I got a million of'em!!

Like I said, these little "cases" are not everyday plays, but the peculiar game of touch football, has it's little nuances!!

Glad ya like 'em

Case # ?? is only two days away!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com