Forums » General » Bombers ...

Messages for Bombers ...

Comment Posted by sana Jul 09, 2010 04:01 AM

Dear Spider,

This is a friendly reminder that the new stadium IS going to be on campus.
Xoxox,
Sana

Ps. I predict a loss today. Just saying..

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2010 07:14 AM

Dear Sana.....

Have you played a few games without your helmet on????...........Pat, you better check this girl for mind altering substance abuse. Do we have a drug testing policy in the league??After this comment by our poor old delusional Bison gal, we just have to get one.

First off,..... the stadium........you have got to be kidding. Don't get me started....... A horrendous location. Why? Can't get to within a half mile of it with decent parking. Secondly, remember those early renditions that saw most of the stands/seats covered? Well if you saw the revisions, they have some cheap looking tin roof, that come the wind like we had a couple nights ago, will send that roof over to my place in, St.Vital...and I don't want a "canopy" for my deck!!

Third, as a season ticket holder, where will I go to warm up these old bones or seek shelter from the rain/snow? The back end is not "enclosed" They were concerned about pigeon droppings in the "special suace"...!!!! Yucccchhh! Plus no Hooters nearby....Mang!!!!I guess Earls will be hopping.

Fourth, getting to the U of M site from any area other than St. Vital or Fort Richmond will be a nightmare. (see my letter to the Editor in the F.P. today) Granted, if Katzee gets his LRT built life will be better. But access to U of M is by two roads, both off of Pembina.....good luck.

Fifth, this rapid Transit thingy....like what about the rest of Winnipeg...Like how many students live at the Forks that they need a LRT to the Uof M???? I mean shouldn't we do one via Polo Park/Airport - to the Downs from the Forks?

Sixth....what about revitalizing "downtown????" I don't think I have been to Portage place in 5 years. Portage and main..once on the way to St. B....I mean why go downtown? There is zero there to attract people. OK the MTS center,but that is it. It's become more of a wasteland than it ever has been.

Whatever became of the concept of preenting "urban sprawl?" or "Downtown revitalization? Wouldn't it be a good idea to put that stadium someplace central?, and therefore create more summer traffic downtown? Now of course finding a suitable location is the question, And of course that brings us back to the current site, only minutes from downtown, and if atached to a LRTto the airport or Assiniboia Downs!!!! Voila!

Now about the Big Blue???Are you kidding me???

Don't tell anyone, but I think we're going to the Cup. We have for ther first time in my lifetime got a D- Line that is top of the league. I don't think anyone can block the ends, and if they double team them, then Brown and Smith will just bullrush and get the QB. And my Dear Sana, it's pretty hard for the QB to throw from the seat of their pants!

I wouldn't be surprised to see another 7 sacks tonite.

Winnipeg takes this one easy 26- 13
(Toronto's D is pretty good conceptually)

Here we go Bombers hear we go.

Oh yeah, and with Montreal playing Edmonton with Edmonton at home, Montreal could fall to 1 and 1, or else Edmonton at 0-2, could put their coach in jeopardy. Hamilton hosts Calgary,and they have to win. In what shapes up to be a game between to struggling offenses. Sask at BC....Sask probably wins that one...and all of a sudden the Big Blue are 2-0 and in first!

Who got da cup? We got da cup!

member that one??

(OK mon petite alouette ami, que est ce ca le "score" avec Montreal et Edmonton?)

Comment Posted by marc Jul 09, 2010 07:36 AM

Baring any crazy injuries at key positions, I think you can "count on" a grey cup rematch between Sask and Mtl this year.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2010 09:08 AM

That's just it....Durant and Cavillo will both be going down with injuries. So forget about it. Dinwiddie in Sask and Leak in Mtl....it's over, besides, c'mon,.....the odds are in the Bombers favour, plus we just plain deserve it, after last year.

Let's al sing...."Here we go Bombers here we go..........."

Pal. after the game????

Comment Posted by marc Jul 09, 2010 10:58 AM

If any starter is going down with injuries it'll be your boy Bucky. There are no good backup QBs in the CFL because most of the starters can't play either.

Durant is awesome though. HERE WE GO RIDERS!!

The rider nation has been practicing all week:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12...13 (DAMMIT)

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2010 07:55 PM

Anyone know a special Teams Coach???

Doh! "Big guys can't run downfield to cover missed field goals! DA!"
Zero return game, and stupidity on scrib quick before the half.

Toronto didn't win, Bombers lost. Nice gift, though.

Oh well the snake beer cup set a new standard. What was that thing 45 rows??? and the cannon guy didn't shoot himself in the face......

Sana, how did you know????

Riders have an excellent team. Love those Cdn receivers

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 10, 2010 09:00 AM

http://

Comment Posted by alouette Jul 11, 2010 07:37 AM

Since you asked. Montreal 45 Edmonton 34

Comment Posted by spider Jul 11, 2010 08:08 AM

Ya think Edmonton can put up 34??

It would be a miracle, if Edmonton won, but apparently, Montreal usually loses there...I can't see that happening....but, Coach Ritchie Hall will be in trouble if they go 0-2..

Comment Posted by sana Jul 12, 2010 05:01 AM

**Ahem.. clears throat**

Dear Spider,
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really hate to say this but I TOLD you so. Feel free to eat your words at your earliest convenience :)

Re: your stadium rant, meh.. the bottom line has been decided. Yes there's room for improvement, but location should NOT matter to a dedicated fan… Then again, this IS Winnipeg.. we don’t have loyal fans anyway.
Yeah, I said it.

Love,
the NOT so delusional Bison gal ;)

Comment Posted by alouette Jul 12, 2010 06:11 AM

At least I got the right team and the right points difference. Edmonton shouldn't have lost this game. Yeah, 0-2 is almost as bad as losing to Toronto...at home...

Comment Posted by spider Jul 12, 2010 08:01 AM

rrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!

How can these teams do this to us??? (I say us because a friend bet on the Bombers to win by 10.5!!!!)

Sana! You are now in the "Sage" category or is that "Seer" (now you're making me use the dictionary!!:))

There's been some talk about the U of M, that they haven't done anything out there, yet (Bombers web site) Ya think it's still a go? I mean where are the new plans for the site (not thestadium itself??) Are they going to improve, or at least design some additional roadway to the stadium site? What about restaurants along the way? Like ya know there ain't nothing being done out there....makes me give pause, ya know?

Alouette, you are always right, this isn't even funny anymore. Hey the Bombers have a dopey Special Teams coach, plus Lapo's decision to try a field goal from 45 again, without the proper coverage guys......doesn't bode well. I mean first time, OK but doh! Wake up,your kicker is inconsistant, and the kick team can't cover.....why don't they put a few more LBs and Db's out there when they kick????I mean are our linemen that pathetic they can't run a bit and have some agility??? (I know the sad answer)

Toronto played "their" game and Lemon was perfect in executing their Offense. The Blue also suffered some injuries on D. The Blue are stil a work in progress, but the reasons why they lost are all easily correctable. (I haven't hurt my ankle from jumping off the bandwagon, yet.) I am sure they'll take care of what ails them. I emailed Jimbo and told them to hire Marcus Howell out of retirement. He can play receiver and at least CATCH, and return punts and KO's like he did with Calgary last year. Marcus, if you're reading this get over to see Jim Bell and get signed up.

Lots of unexpected plays and refs calls the first two weeks. Man are they missing Pass I calls and then calling some real dubious ones. Keeps the games interesting.

You guys are my idols.

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 13, 2010 02:01 PM

beer snake officially extinct....

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 13, 2010 02:03 PM

beer snake officially extinct....

due to this..

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com