Forums » General » Krazee Plays # 17

Messages for Krazee Plays # 17

Comment Posted by spider Aug 26, 2010 08:48 AM

Yo,

This one is so good, if ya get the right answer, I'll give out a prize! But of course it is an "expert" category question...

Here goes..................OK.... How's that for a "trailer" (just like the movies)

Really if ya want a preview, watch the NFL game tonite with the Colts playing, ex-Bomber receiver Dudley Juice JR is on the Colts roster. This will (watching the game)give you a preview of the question type..stay tuned......

Comment Posted by spider Aug 27, 2010 04:28 AM

Here we go....

OK this is another Touch Football exclusive, and if you get this, mark down expert beside your name. Even BSG won't get this one…

Case:
Upon leaving the huddle, BSG(A3) comes over the ball, and checks the defensive player alignment, as any center would do, right Reyn? No one is near A3 (even though he showered that morning) I know it's going to pretty tough in Regina, as it currently stands),,,,NOW, while setting the ball A3 (BSG) looks through his legs at the QB and does not look up at the defence. and then…..Just before the ball is snapped, B2 takes a position right in front of BSG(A3), one yard away!!!! When the ball is snapped BSG(A3) moves straight ahead(not knowing about B2's position) and slams into B2.

This is a true case from the annals of the Touch Football History of Manitoba, a book I have authored and will be available for $24.99.

Was BSG innocent, or was there more to the story? Was BSG (A3) out for revenge for an earlier unpenalized infraction???? Or was the Defender doing something illegal

An actual case, from the World of Touch Football!!! sort of.. You are there!, back in 1996…

What's the call my fellow expert friends?

Comment Posted by marc Aug 27, 2010 07:17 AM

Sounds like something funny happened back in the day with Cliffy, but in 2009 they changed rule 2.6 to the following:

To permit the centre to participate in the play, no opponent is permitted to line up within three yards directly in front of the centre.

Not sure what the rulebook said back in 1996....

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 27, 2010 07:46 AM

That's what my 2009 rule book says. B2 should be called for offside.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 27, 2010 10:36 AM

"To permit the centre to participate in the play, no opponent is permitted to line up within three yards directly in front of the centre. "

OK so what do you as a ref do?

and what's the call,.....Is B2 offside??? Or is it, remote area interference, or is it roughing? or objectionable conduct.

I am so confused, hellllllpppp!

Comment Posted by marc Aug 28, 2010 04:08 PM

Illegal procedure on the defence.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 30, 2010 06:20 AM

That's what I'm talkin about ...

Illegal procedure on the defence. is the correct call.

Nice work Obi wan Marc

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com