Forums » General » 18th Krazee Play for you

Messages for 18th Krazee Play for you

Comment Posted by spider Sep 02, 2010 07:51 PM

My apologies. But I found one that is very common among novice players, and as usual, I saw it for the first time this season(again) just within the last couple of weeks. And this is a classic violation when it happens. New teams/players can get this wrong for quarters, and as I saw it last week....evidently MONTHS!!!! Must have been a new guy playing Center!

(and Perry I am looking for the one you want.)

OK, prior to Perry's case, I saw this one:

The Team B Rusher lines up to one side of the Team A Center. On the snap the Team A QB rolls to the opposite side that the rusher is lined up on. The team A centre maintains a stationary position following the shnap (This puts the centre in a direct line between the rusher and the QB)....and the rusher runs right into the centre while rushing the QB.

What's the call? y'all?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 03, 2010 05:29 AM

The centre should be called for Obstruction. The rusher always has a direct line to the QB.
If the rusher switched sides prior to the snap, then the rusher lost their right to the QB, and no infraction should be called.

Comment Posted by santos12 Sep 03, 2010 12:13 PM

objectional conduct is my answer.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 03, 2010 05:50 PM

objectional?? Have another drink Santos :-) I think you mean Objectionable....

Comment Posted by santos12 Sep 03, 2010 10:16 PM

yeah thats what i meant!! same shit different pile!! haha

Comment Posted by spider Sep 06, 2010 07:51 AM

Capt Woody - You Got it right.

Here's what the Case book says:

"The team A center is called for obstruction. In effect the QB is using the Center to "pick" the Rusher. The center has an obligation to avoid being in a direct line between the rusher and the QB!

It is possible in situations involving the rusher and the center that slight contact might occur between the two players!!! If a player makes contact with an opponent without moving the opponent off stride or away from the opponent's intended direction or position, it is incidental contact, and no penalty should be called."

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com