Forums » General » Carazee plays # 21

Messages for Carazee plays # 21

Comment Posted by spider Sep 24, 2010 03:58 AM

OK, it's that time of year. The league should make a prize available for the person who gets this correct....

Here goes a doozie from the Greatest cases ever though of......

Player A1 punts the ball deep into the B end zone. B1 returns the punt, but it travels only a short distance, and B2 catches it in the B end zone and advances it to the B5 yard line.....hmmmmB kicks it and B catches it??????Yikes there's something wrong with this picture.

What? and what are the options???? You have until Monday to determine the correct ruling etc....buuuhwaaaahhhahhaaaaa :)

Comment Posted by alouette Sep 24, 2010 09:13 AM

Page 41 of the touch football case book 1995-1996 under rule 19 Punts, point 11.

Ruling: This is "no yards" penalty against B2 in the end zone. Team A's option to accept a single point or to take the ball at the PLS or at the B 10 yard line. (Rule 24.10 and 19.5)

Gotcha !!!

Alouettes win ! So what do I win ?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 24, 2010 11:11 AM

A toaster

Comment Posted by spider Sep 25, 2010 05:51 AM

Oh man, now they are consulting the Case book!

I'm screwed!

Yep you got it.

Pretty weird with the option of taking the ball at the PLS.

Who would have known??? ya don't see that in the CFL!!

I don't have a toater, but I'll bring you a classic retro Microwave

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 25, 2010 06:11 AM

Spidey... I think you should submit your name to the CFL for Head Official or Director of Officiating. I have never seen such BS officiating in the 32 years I've been a bomber fan. Absolutely handed the game to the Als. That was pure garbage.

Comment Posted by spider Sep 27, 2010 02:11 AM

Absolutely.

I have no idea how thet could not see the guy took 2.5 steps with control of the ball before being popped. This is like the 3rd call, two against the Bombers that have changed the entire course of a game.

The job of any officiating crew is to get the call right.

Here we go ref, here we go!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com