Forums » General » Football Coaches wanted

Messages for Football Coaches wanted

Comment Posted by spider Jun 28, 2006 05:53 PM

Opportunity of a lifetime!

Daniel McIntyre Collegiate has just been accepted back into the High School Football League. At Spring practice, they had 34 players turn out. The team participated in a scrimmage, and played well against the competition. The team was put together by the Alumni, and Football Manitoba, as a "trial balloon" to test the market regarding player interest.

It was successful.

So now, the alumni have tons of money to finance the program, the administration see the team as a way for participation to increase, and make for a better school spirit and community. Both have committed to fund the team. School support staff,(managers, publicity, cheerleaders) are all fired up. I have a few more connections to finalize before "We all play on game day" makes a DMCI game, an "event."(More on that later)

Only thing missing is coaches. As a Football guy, I said I would agree to help out. So I am. Obviously, I will be needed to coach some where on the team. I would rather co-ordinate the entire "production" because really....I'm going to be 50 in October, and it's a young man's game. Point being....

The Team needs coaches!

This can be an incredible opportunity,for anyone who has ever criticied the WTFL exec, or like all of us,the Bombers,.... to get involved, in putting your money where your mouth is...i.e. coaching.

Now, you may be a little hesitant, because maybe you haven't coached before, or played alot of tackle. No problem. I have plenty of resources of info, if you need it, plus we can prep the day of, and go from there.( I have coached in that league for 10 years, as well as guest coached at midget, junior and University, and have a Level III NCCP certification, blah , blah, blah)

Oh yeah, the team will be competing in the Div 3 of the league (new for this year) There will be a number of other schools starting out, or with beginner players, in this div. as well.

Time commitment would never be on your Touch game day! Hey I'm an Assassin alumnus(are we gonna get those tattoos on our ankles, or not???? Where's a good place to go? Anyone know??)

The season starts with "rookie camp " August 21 - August 25. OK they are all rookies.... Plan is to go shoulder pads and helmuts that week. A scrimmage between Elmwood(new) and St.John's and DMCI will be held Aug.31. The first league game is Sept 7 vs. Elmwood at tec.

Anyway, the team is looking for coaches. If you think you might be interested...e-mail me or call at 253-3612

As well if there are any DMCI Alumni, or others, who want to sponsor the program, drop me a line, I have a super idea, that is tax deductable, and you get your name on the wall, as a sponsor/builder...I digress.

Hey how's the tournament of champions shaping up?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com