Forums » General » Playoff matchups and locations

Messages for Playoff matchups and locations

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 18, 2006 03:58 PM

I have put in the teams that were final in the standings. There are games this week that will have a bearing on placement in the standings and thus who they will play.
Teams that were tied went as per the constitution.
Other teams will be added as they are final. You should be able to figure out what day you are playing although the time may change.

I will put in field locations tomorrow. Saturday Sept.23 and 30th will be at Optimist SW and Optimist #3
Sunday Sept 24th and Oct 1 will be at Maple Grove, fields 4 & 5. Again, I will put them in tomorrow so you know which teams are where when you get to the field.

Scroll down on the schedule tab to see where/if you have been placed. If there is some question as to why you finished where you did...call me and I will explain and if need be, remedy the situation. \

Thanks
Cliff

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 18, 2006 06:04 PM

For the games that are already determined, I have added them to the system so that they will show up in your "my schedule". You need to be logged in to use this feature though.

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 19, 2006 02:43 AM

Our last OC game of the year vs The rude boys unfortunately those guys had to default the game, doesn't that mean they are deducted 2 points from their current points in the standings from 14? If that is true shouldn't NO D play the Chargers and the OC play the Rude boys because the Rude boys would finish with 12 points and the Chargers with 13?

just letting you guys know because the Schedule shows NO D vs Rudeboys, OC vs Chargers.

Comment Posted by liquidgrace Sep 19, 2006 04:20 AM

I think the 3rd vs 6th matchup in division 5 (October 1st - The Giants vs. Clip Clops) posted is premature. If my understanding of the constitution is correct, The Giants can finish as high as 3rd, or as low as 5th. I believe the September 9th game between Rodney Farva and The Giants was defaulted by Rodney Farva. I think that default should place them in 6th.

Comment Posted by Mark Sep 19, 2006 04:48 AM

The Rodney Farva v. Giants game is entered as 0-1 for the Giants but was marked as Played not Defaulted so I am assuming the penalty -2 was not applied. If someone can confirm that it can be changed.

Does anyone know who won between the Giants and Weekend Warriors? The Nerf v. Bosos game was 24-12 for Nerf but has not been entered yet. It doesn't affect Nerf's placement but if the Warrior's won their game gives them a shot at first on Thursday vs. the Bosos.

Comment Posted by liquidgrace Sep 19, 2006 05:15 AM

That could be my mistake (Rodney Farva default). I assumed a 1-0 game with no player information entered would be a default. That 3rd vs. 6th game doesn't seem to be set in stone yet.

Comment Posted by malone14 Sep 19, 2006 05:31 AM

Marty I understand you wanting to duck the Chargers--they have a good team. Good Luck in trying to get out of the match-up.

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 19, 2006 05:40 AM

Both of the corrections could be right. The games were entered as played and not defaults therefore the standings would be incorrect. I will change the matchups. When i look at the score sheet for Farva/Giants, no one is listed as scoring a point therefore I would assume that it was indeed a default. If Farva or Giants could confirm that for me, that would be great. Giants lost to WeW,not sure of the score. Tie between Giants and 12 pack goes to 12 pack; pts for/against head to head.

As far as OC/RudeBoys goes, Marty is a member of the OC and I would think that he would know that it was a default, therefore I will make that correction in the standings and playoff matchups.

Thanks.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Sep 19, 2006 05:49 AM

Marty, Marty, Marty,
I was looking forward to playing you guys this week. We almost had you last time and I was thirsty for another pick. LOL.

Doesn't matter who we play. By finishing 7th we are bound to play all the top tier teams. Hopefully we can make it far enough to play OC again.

Brian
Chargers.

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 19, 2006 06:00 AM

Why would I try to get out of playing a team that I don't think we have lost too going back to my days with the Hurricanes?? The last time I played the Chargers in the Playoffs we defeated them 20-0 (2 years ago) so I was just trying to make sure the match ups were correct.

if there is any team that we are hesitant about playing it would be the Drillers as they have beat us 3 out of 4 times in 2 years!

Thirsty for a pick?? Your playing Me not Glen there buddy :)....

Who is this Malone character? Last time I checked we laid a pretty serious beating on you guys at charring cross.... worry about trying to get out of the first round there chachi :)

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Sep 19, 2006 06:28 AM

"Marty I understand you wanting to duck the Chargers--they have a good team. Good Luck in trying to get out of the match-up."

This is the 2nd jab he's taken at us in last couple days.
I'd say he's more worried about OC than anything else.

Brian...we would you love you play you guys again...that last game was fun!

Vaughn
OC #7

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 19, 2006 08:16 AM

Changes have been made and No D will be playing Chargers; Rude Boys will take on OC

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 19, 2006 12:09 PM

Division 4 shapes up like this, because there will be a 4 way tie if Gamblers lose or a 3 way tie if Gamblers win. Teams have not played the same number of games against each other in either scenario, therefore, we will have to go to Overall points for and against for the season. In both scenarios Fleas will finish last out of the tied teams. So Fleas will finish 5th in the div no matter what happens to Gamblers.
-El Pequitos will also finish 2nd last out of the tied teams unless the Gamblers lose by more than 10 pts in which case El Peq would finish ahead of the Gamblers.
-River City will finish on top of all tied teams regardless.
-Gamblers win they will finish 2nd in the division outright.

If you can follow that, your probably doing better than I. Anyway, just trying to sort it out, won't be decided to after the Gamblers/Schmucks game on Wednesday. Fleas will be playing at 3pm vs Blitz(entered). The other two that play on Saturday will be at 1pm.

later.......

Comment Posted by the ryan Sep 19, 2006 12:19 PM

Holy shit Cliffy. I just got home and assumed I was all done trying to figure stuff out for the day! Now I have to have some beers and come back to this in a few hours to see if it makes anymore sense!

Comment Posted by griz Sep 19, 2006 01:21 PM

Just stick to the basics Rhino and you'll be fine, left shoe on the left foot, right shoe on the right foot!
Vote Martin for Mayor!!

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 20, 2006 03:19 AM

yes, you have to drink more beers and then the situation starts to clear up bit...well until the next morning when you sober up!! :0)

Comment Posted by sarge Sep 20, 2006 04:30 AM

MASS CONFUSION!!!! thanks for all the great work you guys. we all appreciate the effort in trying to sort all this stuff out.

good luck to all in the playoffs!

Comment Posted by Ian D III Sep 21, 2006 04:10 AM

Just a quick question...Why (in the new team divisions) did the playoff structure change. We finished 3rd place, shouldn't we be playing the 8th place team? Its not a complaint just being curious.

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 21, 2006 06:00 AM

The structure didn't change, the bottom 4 teams play in order to get two winners and coupled with the 1 to 6th place teams leaves us with 8 teams. That is the result we want, and then to get it to 4 teams (semis) and then 2 teams for the final. The 2 new team divs then playoff for overall new team champion.

If we had played 1 vs 10; 2 vs 9; 3 vs 8...etc as you suggest, that would leave us with 5 teams and we would have to give one a buy in the second round. We prefer it the way we do it, everyone gets a game and no byes.

thanks.

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 21, 2006 08:11 AM

So Div 4 should read like this;
2nd River City Hitmen
3rd El Pequitos
4th Gamblers
5th Flea Flickers

I think that is right, check the updated playoff.

Comment Posted by Ian D III Sep 21, 2006 08:22 AM

But how the playoff structure works now is the top 2 get a buy and 3, 4, 5, 6 place teams play as well as 7, 8, 9, 10. Didn't last year work as 1st vs 10th place team...and so on? Again not that I'm complaining. I treated as a reward for a good regular season to play a lower place team. Now it seems like a team would want either 1st or 2nd place for the buy, or 7-10th place.

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 21, 2006 08:59 AM

I don't think you are looking at it correctly, if you want to call it byes, then teams 1 to 6 get a bye and 7 to 10 must play an extra game, i don't want to go on forever trying to exlain this:

7 vs 10
8 vs 9

1 vs lowest rank
2 vs 2nd lowest
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Highest rank vs Lowest rank
2nd highest vs 2nd lowest

NT 1 Final

New Team Division Final

those last 4 teams must play an extra game. phone me if you still don't understand. And yes most teams do want to finish 1 or 2; they get to play a supposed weaker opponent all the way through the playoffs because they always play the lowest ranked teams.

Comment Posted by theprez Sep 21, 2006 09:01 AM

All the known playoff matchups are up on the schedule. All games are now set for the first w/e.

Good luck everyone.

Cliff

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 21, 2006 09:15 AM

WTF ?? 7-10 get to play one more game!! what a bunch of BS!! what a crock!! why do they get to play one more game then everyone else, why WHY WHY ??....geez I'm bored.

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 21, 2006 09:50 AM

Marty, it's just one less chance to choke in the playoffs :)

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 21, 2006 10:19 AM

cough cough cough... Marcus.... Heimlich maneuver please... I'm choking, it must be almost playoff time....

Damn the abuse I take on here :)

Comment Posted by marcus Sep 21, 2006 10:57 AM

I'm not getting behind ya, that's not my type of game.

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2006 12:01 PM

How do the Gamblers finish in 4th with a 13-5 record and 26 points? Did they default a game? Just curious........

Comment Posted by Neal Sep 21, 2006 02:13 PM

Yeah we(The Gamblers) did default a game against the Anvils in June. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals was what prevented most of our team from playing.

Neal
#17 The Gamblers

Comment Posted by scott Sep 22, 2006 09:02 AM

All games should have been canceled, I say give them 4 points for missing the game because of the hockey final.

Scott

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com