Forums » General » whistle blown...play dead....no go on

Messages for whistle blown...play dead....no go on

Comment Posted by Nolby Jul 03, 2007 03:52 PM

I have a little question to ask to the refs of todays game (Brewers vs Giants).Since when does play continue once the whislte is blown?Here's what happend.The Giants caught a pass the Giants player and fell to the ground,our player tagged him while on the ground but there was no call,the player for the Giants gets up and starts running BUT........a whistle was blown so we assumed the play was dead,no,the giants player runs into the endzone and its a touchdown for them.I am not knocking the Giants at all,this is not their fault,but since when can a play continue once the whistle is blown????Can someone please explain this to me.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 03, 2007 04:58 PM

Rule 9.8
If there is an inadvertent whistle by the officials on a play, the play will stand if the whistle did not affect the outcome of the play. If the outcome was affected by the whistle, the team that was affected can let the play stand as of the whistle or repeat the play from the point of last scrimmage. If it is not possible to determine who was adversely affected, the play will be repeated.

I'm just gonna state the rule, and let the experienced refs tell ya what the deal is.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 03, 2007 05:33 PM

Nice interpretation Jarule! How many games did you pick up from Todd?

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 03, 2007 05:56 PM

I didn't interpret anything there, that's a copy and paste from the rule book. If you want me to interpret, I think the Brewers got jacked on that one.

I haven't heard anything from Todd yet. Need the schedule, then I'll see what I can do.

Comment Posted by beeks Jul 03, 2007 07:46 PM

First Off. There was NO TAG. Second. There was no tag. I was standing 5 feet from the receiver and the defense back fell backwards. NO TAG. They got back up and continued.NOTE no whistle has sounded. Again no tag but a whistle from my sideline. I was standing literly 2 feet from where it happened. Help me out Giants but you where not taged. Final score Giants alot Brewers a few. The few things I get angry about is when people ask about a rule they don't know what the @#$#@ there talking about and when PEOPLE LIE. Anyways. Its early July and some people want to vent. Do not come up to the referee crew at the end of a game and concide that there was no tag and after the explanation. SAY THERE WAS A TAG. Sometimes you just have to let things go. Its early. GO Brewers!!!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 03, 2007 10:27 PM

ugh! Where did you want them to go?

and Early in the season????

Brad there's only 772 games left....

I don't know about you, but I am saving up for the WTFL Championship Weekend at CanadInn Stadium, October 20th and 21st.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com