Forums » General » Major Fouls

Messages for Major Fouls

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 07, 2007 12:17 PM

Just want to point out this rule, since it probably should have applied in the Flash vs Drillers game.

Major Foul
"These are acts which threaten the safety of the participants and will result in the ejection of the player responsible. They include: *deliberate tripping of an opponent*; striking or attempting to strike an opponent; any attempt to injure a participant in the game. Major fouls are 25 yard fouls and are considered to be live or dead ball fouls at the option of the non-offending team."

Now, in this case, a penalty was called for roughing, but only because I don't think the official saw the deliberate trip. In a 2 ref system, I understand that. The play occurred on the sideline where there would've been a sideline ref if this division had 3 refs, also nobody's fault.

Of course the other team says it wasn't deliberate, but also made no offer to help the injured player up, or apologize for it.

The end result was a trip to the hospital with a blown out shoulder for our player. Of course nobody on our team had too many nice things to say to the player and of course she returned fire as well. But after the game I was still willing to shake hands, and she followed it up with the classy "no-shake".

After 15 years of football, you are now #1 in my books for the classiest team.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2007 01:22 PM

I have spoken to your team rep about this event,and have invited her to submit a report. You are corrrect in stating that in a two person ref system, some things will be missed. However, as participants we expect that our opponents at least respect our safety, and refrain from attempts to injure.

This is unfortunate.

It should be known that as a league, the officials do discuss players of dubious character. However that does not help your player at this time. Good luck in her recovery

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Jul 09, 2007 03:31 PM

Am I on the list of dubious character? :)

Comment Posted by el_p_68 Jul 09, 2007 04:25 PM

you must be - I mentioned your name in a post earlier and the post vanished..... you are trouble lol

Comment Posted by Alzies Jul 09, 2007 07:11 PM

I am on that list for sure, I think I hold down spots 1 too 10 all by myself

Comment Posted by spider Jul 09, 2007 08:32 PM

Yeah many of the guys that have been on the list don't play much in the W any more.

Jarule you are just on the list of "characters!"

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com