Forums » General » Player registration and a couple of missed Administrative procedures

Messages for Player registration and a couple of missed Administrative procedures

Comment Posted by spider Aug 08, 2007 03:58 AM

Hmmm!

After a couple of months on the job as the new President,I have discovered a few oversights on the part of the executive. I thought I would post them, so everyone has some advance notice. Team reps will "eventually" be contacted. ( However, as noted,in some previous posts) some of our volunteers on the exec are on vacation, and I want to make extra sure, all the team reps and teams and members have some of their administrative "paperwork" in order. (This is all minor stuff, and need not concern the average player. However, in the effort of running a "tight ship," so to speak, and to ensure all teams are treated fairly, and that we once again become the best damn Touch football league in the World," I thought I would get the wordout on the forum as well.

1.) I am not sure who has registered and who has not. I am just trying to make sure everyone gets to play. There has ben some discusion about "guys not getting their stats" The reason being, no one registered them on the website!!!!

Consequence:

If there are players that are playing, and not on your signed up website roster, get them in. This website roster is ONE way our Elgibility committee will initially use to check registrations.(the forms being the other)

Secondly. Team reps. If you have guys that have not played the correct number of games needed to be eligible for the play-offs, then do not use those guys.You will lose by default. We have in the past issued the eligible rosters to the refs at Play-off time.So we will be keeping track!!!

Third. Teams that have defaulted. Apparently, the exec has forgotten to charge you and collect the fine, BEFORE your next game (as stated in the constitution) Therefore, being the new President, I have corrected this oversight, but, because it is the exec's error, you now have to get that money owed, into Raj the treasurer, ASAP!

Fourth- Player registration is Mid August - August 15th!!! Players not registered on the web site or with the league registration form, will be ineligible for play-offs! Check the con for specific details.

Tedious stuff, but it has to be done. Just like going to the dentist! ????

Comment Posted by Go DP!!!!!!! Aug 09, 2007 04:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks for posting this

Just for clarification when you said "Secondly. Team reps. If you have guys that have not played the correct number of games needed to be eligible for the play-offs, then do not use those guys.You will lose by default. We have in the past issued the eligible rosters to the refs at Play-off time.So we will be keeping track!!!"

are you referring to the rule that says

"The higher division players will be required to play a minimum of one half of the regular season games with the lower division team in order to be eligible for the playoffs with the lower division team...."

because the rule before that says that all players have to be on the roster by August 15th and does not say they had to play a minimum number of games, just to be on the roster

Comment Posted by Mark Aug 09, 2007 06:10 PM

The rules mean that a player on one team simply has to be on that team's roster by August 15th to be eligible for the playoffs.

A player on multiple teams must have played at least half their lower division team's games (through-out the whole season) as well as meeting the requirement of being on the roster by August 15th.

Higher division players must meet both requirements.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 09, 2007 08:28 PM

Thanks Mark.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com