Forums » General » When will the season start??

Messages for When will the season start??

Comment Posted by sarge Apr 12, 2006 12:46 PM

Is there a projected start date for the season??

Comment Posted by spider Apr 12, 2006 04:14 PM

Yes!

Comment Posted by spider Apr 12, 2006 04:15 PM

Hey How's it down in Texas?

Comment Posted by sarge Apr 13, 2006 07:48 AM

I'm back in Winnipeg. TX was good. League doesn't pay much though. Financially I could not stay. Nice to be back home. Guess I'll resume my WTFL career! lol

Comment Posted by sarge Apr 13, 2006 07:49 AM

Oh yeah, and thanks for the clarification!?!?! any idea approx. as to when the start date is??

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 19, 2006 05:07 AM

What is going on? Who is playing where? Who and when do we put our schedule requests to? The league has never been so secretive as to what is going on in the past. What's the deal. Update us as to what is what and when things are going to happen.

Please.

Brian

Comment Posted by theprez Apr 19, 2006 05:44 AM

Teams can email schedule requests to the scheduler as noted on the contact Tab. There is nothing secret here, in the past you didn't know who was playing where until the registration meeting in the first week of May. We have started online registration this year but this is not final until the money has been paid which is due on the 1st of May. It is only then that we will know who is in or out and who is where. When this has been completed you will know just as in years past. If you want to know where teams are going prior to the deadline then post that question to the teams. The league will post info when finalized.

All other info ("Update us as to what is what and when things are going to happen.") is on the apropriate page, dates, fees, deadlines, clinics, tournaments, Allstar game date etc.

What other secrets are we keeping?

But to answer the original question, the anticipated start date is May 15th, Monday night

Are you ready to ruuuuuummmmmblllllllle!!!!

thanks,

Cliff Kitchen
WTFL President aka. theprez

Comment Posted by sarge Apr 19, 2006 08:08 AM

Thanks Prez.....finally an answer!!

Comment Posted by spider Apr 19, 2006 10:34 AM

This league is like Heinz catchup......anticipation.

It's like running downfield under a Jim Bell pass, like waiting to fair catch a punt.

It's like the start of an OC game waiting for Phil to arrive!!!!

It's like waiting for Tim Shea to complete the QB challenge at the all-star game.

It's like waiting for those damn convert tie-breakers in Indoor to finish.

Cliff I noticed that many of the divisions appear to be full to the breaking point, what's the league going to do???

And hey did the Chargers get into 2nd division, after all?

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 24, 2006 10:31 AM

Maybe I am just getting anoying...but We have paid, our money it is in and received. We should then be able to have full access to the site. You asked for the money a month early we should there for start receiving what we are intitled to when you receive it. In the past you did not get the money until the registration meeting.

The secret that you are keeping is how the leagues are shaping out. In past years at the registration meeting we could see who was wanting to go where. This year you are keeping that a secret! Why??? Who care who has their money or not. I only care about who wants to go where. Why is that a secret???

The teams that have paid have a right to know what is going on. And you refuse to share it.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 24, 2006 12:20 PM

getting annoying.

You havenow officially crossed theline.

Cliff can'r say it. but ican

SHHHUUTT UUUUUPPPP!

Why would you want the divisions posted and teams drop out, or don't pay.

Marcus where's the censor key?

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 24, 2006 12:38 PM

I don't care about the teams that haven't paid yet. Just the ones who have.

Comment Posted by jkull Apr 24, 2006 06:26 PM

Brian......reeeeelaxxxxxxx.

Thing started early this year to allow time for the new process. This website is newly designed to suit the needs of the league. My guess is that changes will be made according to the needs of the league.......when Marc Jeanson puts his own time into it. Cut the boy some slack. He hasn't slept yet this week and is moving.

I'm sure when he's done, he'll make changes to allow you to access a secure private area where only you can see the registered and paid teams. It is a secret you know, and I'm sure the league would hate to let the cat out of the bag. <---Insert Sarcasm

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 25, 2006 04:35 AM

Jeff,
I have nothing against Mark. I think he has done a wonderful job with the web site. I know that is very time consuming. However, we keep getting these update posts from Mazur telling us who isn't in. Would it be so hard to have one that says who is?? I am sure everyone on the exec knows who is or who isn't and what division. That is all I am asking....who is in and which division.

Maybe that is asking for too much but for $999. I don't think it is.

Brian.

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 25, 2006 06:45 AM

I am on the exec and I don't even know who has paid. Or care either. Not like it will make any difference to where my team plays or what we do to prepare for the season. This is the first year of online registration. Roll with the punches, and next year we will do what we can to make the process better.

Jon

Comment Posted by jkull Apr 25, 2006 12:05 PM

I agree with Jon. Who cares who's paid. I will pay $999 to play football, not have a bunch of volunteers do clerical work. Registration ends May 1 and I'm sure a list will be posted promptly after that, like every other year.

Comment Posted by scott Apr 25, 2006 01:10 PM

From what I can understand this is a very frustrating situation for some of you, this may clarify. BLAZERS RUN THE SHOE, AVENGERS RUN THE OTHER SHOE, AND NERF JUST GOT FITTED WITH SOME NEW SHOES.

Your Pimp.

Comment Posted by scott Apr 25, 2006 01:13 PM

ahhhhh clarity is sweet.

Comment Posted by the ryan Apr 25, 2006 01:48 PM

Turn off you rcomputer and watch the hockey, MaC!!!!

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Apr 25, 2006 01:51 PM

I thought Scott only posted in the AM hours... *shrug*...early AM hours that is.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 26, 2006 06:41 AM

Why the reluctance....Mazur will write a 2 page essay on who is not in but noone will say who is. Why???? Just tell us.

Comment Posted by Crawdad Apr 26, 2006 06:42 AM

Why wait for next year to make the process better. It is easy enough to do this year.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Apr 26, 2006 07:13 AM

I move that everyone except Crawdad be given the information Crawdad is requesting...

Comment Posted by killjoy Apr 26, 2006 08:23 AM

I'm with the New Fish, why not just post the in's already? Some Divisions NEVER change. All i know is it's not Jeaners fault.
Does St. V's Finest really think they can come over from the U and compete!!!

Crab cakes and football, that's what Maryland does!!!

Comment Posted by Byatch Apr 26, 2006 09:11 AM

St V will compete that's for sure.
I'd be surprised if we're not in the top 4.

Thurston

Comment Posted by Byatch Apr 26, 2006 09:12 AM

MacPimp...will you be throwing a NERF ball?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com