Forums » General » Stadium Games

Messages for Stadium Games

Comment Posted by spider Apr 12, 2006 04:29 PM

Hey last year we played some games at the Canad Inns stadium. We also organized a sponsorship deal with Hooters. As a league organized event individual teams benefit by a slightly lower cost, plus the Hooters sponsorship.

Basically, I'll arrange ths sponsorship with Hoots, and by playing on a League sponsored Stadium game day we as a league can get a slight discount if we book the entire day. This discount is passed onto you and your team rental fee is slightly cheaper than if you rent the stadium for one game.

Now, If there is interest again this season, and you want to play at Winnipeg Stadium (CanadInnsStadium) maybe indicate this in this post.
Through the league sponsored, Stadium game, The fee per team last year was about $120- 140.00 taxes, security guard etc.)

If you go by yourself, and rent it for the two hours, I believe the fee is about $170.00/team.

Obviously, if we can get a gauge on how many want to play (on a Saturday or a Sunday, game slots 9:00, 10:45, 12:00, 1:45, 3:30, 5:15, we can book a couple days.

Giv me some idea if there is any interest.

Feedback please!

Comment Posted by sean Apr 12, 2006 04:35 PM

The Blazers will definitely want to play at the stadium. I'm pretty sure that Todd or Jon will post that the Avengers will be in as well for Stadium games.

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 12, 2006 06:32 PM

Avengers are in!

Jon

Comment Posted by Token Apr 12, 2006 07:27 PM

Morningwood is in.

Mike

Comment Posted by norm Apr 13, 2006 03:22 AM

OC is in

Comment Posted by canadianclimate Apr 13, 2006 09:04 AM

Good chance the Maniax are in as well.

Jason

Comment Posted by jets22 Apr 13, 2006 11:30 AM

Jets are in

Comment Posted by trhoden Apr 13, 2006 12:30 PM

Avengers and Aztecs will be also.

Todd

Comment Posted by evrec27 Apr 13, 2006 02:40 PM

Clip Clops are interested

Comment Posted by spider Apr 13, 2006 04:12 PM

OK Great

Start geting your money together, and I'l look at some dates.

How is May 27 if Bombers aren't at training camp? Too soon?

Comment Posted by Token Apr 13, 2006 04:25 PM

I'm sure Morningwood would be ready... but when is the official start of the season?

Just so we have an idea if we are going to be playing before that or not...

Mike

Comment Posted by jkarsin Apr 13, 2006 07:26 PM

Venom (New Team Division) is in as well. We already have our money set aside for this.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 14, 2006 07:12 AM

Mike, Mike, Mike..

The season start date is May 15 or 16.

ready???? You've been playing all winter. How much more ready can you get?

Jade, let's encourage the rest of these guys to get their cash ready, and in, so I can start booking.

So, Who wants to play who, and what time? I guess if we know that we can schedule it immediately.

What do ya think???

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 14, 2006 08:37 AM

You Know Nomads are a definate.
Glen

Comment Posted by Mark Apr 16, 2006 09:18 AM

Nerf would be in for a stadium game this year, the dates just didn't work out last year.

Mark

Comment Posted by spider Apr 16, 2006 12:22 PM

OK,

This will be a go.

I am waiting to hear back from the Bombers on availability. I will forward your names to the Professor for scheduling. I would sugggest that since the demand is increasing, that we also look at June 17. Any other weekend dates preferred?

Comment Posted by the ryan Apr 16, 2006 12:27 PM

Pequitos are in

Comment Posted by spider Apr 16, 2006 01:11 PM

OK who's in what division?

I guess the Avengers will play the Assassins in one game. What are some of the other match ups.

C'mon dudes work with me!

Comment Posted by Token Apr 17, 2006 12:00 AM

If Paquitos are playing div. 4, then Morningwood would love to play them.

But if they aren't, will a list of registered and paid teams soon be available so we can try to contact and coordinate dates??

Comment Posted by silver fox Apr 17, 2006 06:00 AM

Darrell,

I don't mean to be the "skunk at the picnic", however, you may run into some scheduling problems at the Stadium in the latter part of May with training camp. I am not certain as yet as to the times for "two a days" etc. but I would have to think there are going to be some challenges.

In terms of scheduling for the regular season, is this done by one person or is there a committee? I only ask as I do believe where possible there should be some kind of balance here. I'll provide an example; last year in the early part of the season we played 4 games or a 7 or 8 day span which was ridiculous.

My point is, should we not draft the schedule by committee, plot it by team for reasonableness, and then tweak it where necessary and finalize? I realize there are challenges but there should be some kind of process to this.

Yes....I am willing to help in answer to your anticipated question!

Silver Fox

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 17, 2006 07:24 AM

Hey Jim,

I am developing the schedule this year - your schedule will be perfect! I will draft the schedule and then it will be brought back to the executive which will check it for completness, parity, and prevention of stupidity.

Jon

Comment Posted by Byatch Apr 17, 2006 08:10 AM

Wow....what an idea!!

Comment Posted by spider Apr 17, 2006 11:09 AM

Jim,...."A skunk in the picnic????...." What is that a 2006 Bellism???

Of course I realize the May 27th date might be used by the Big Blue. Hence my subsequent suggestions for a June date. I think it would be best to wait until the tregular season started in the CFL, thereby freeing up those Saturdays and Sundays

Now with your question on schedulling by committee??? Nope.
And Jon,.I can hardly wait to see your perfect schedule. I mean in the past it must have been done by a couple of idiots? ....bringing it back to the executive??? Like they'd have a clue as to what you did to schedule??

This is gonna be fun!

Maybe a small committee of 3 guys.
One to do it,one to verify the number of games, and one to type it up

Jim are you whining about the schedule already?

Well hey, get the stadium for all your games, and I bet you woould not have one complaint from anyone!!

Comment Posted by the ryan Apr 17, 2006 12:58 PM

An El Pequitos vs. Morningwood stadium game would be perfect!

Comment Posted by jkarsin Apr 18, 2006 05:20 AM

We (Venom) played Clip Clops at the stadium last year and we'd be willing to play them again assuming that they stay in New Team 1 Division.

Comment Posted by evrec27 Apr 18, 2006 12:27 PM

The Clip Clops have moved into division 5 this year and would be willing to play against any team from division 5 that is interested.

Comment Posted by Mark Apr 18, 2006 04:19 PM

Nerf is in 5 this year. I think our first stadium game we played the Clip Clops in actually so we'd welcome another.

Comment Posted by JETT Apr 24, 2006 08:47 PM

12PACK may be interested. Provided we get in the 5th Division.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com