Forums » Women's Division » Women's Division Start Up Information

Messages for Women's Division Start Up Information

Comment Posted by nicole Apr 23, 2008 07:29 PM

Registrations are in and here is what I know:

Divisions are split A and B.

* Division A: Chargers, Wildcats, Full Snatch,Flash,Da Bears,Drillers
* Division B: GG Dubs,Streak,SAXX (aka Gryphons),Iron Maidens,Barking Spiders
* Teams will be play each team in their division 2x and cross over to play each team in the other division 1x.
* Playoff schedule needs to be decided.

League Start time:

Women's Divisions will start the week of May 20th.
The Bombers Pigskin Clinic is on Saturday May 24th. The WTFL Women's Division traditionally has set up a booth here. It was suggested that we have some women's games on the Sunday May 25th so anyone interested from the Bomber Clinic could can come out and watch a game or two. If anyone can help with the booth at the Pigskin Clinic on May 24th please email me.

Women's Division Kick Off Weekend May 29 and May 31
May 29th 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.--Women's Skills Clinic (Location: TBA but most likely Little Mountain). There will be NO women's games scheduled on this date. Please encourage any of your new players to attend and PLEAAASSSSEEEEE let me know if you'd be willing to help out that evening. I need people to register contact information of women interested in touch football; I need people to help with the different stations to help demonstrate and explain the different skills needed to play; basically I NEED PEOPLE!!! Also if you are still looking for a few players for your roster this is a good time to come out and scout!
May 31st. We are trying to coordinate for all Women's teams to play one of their regular league games throughout the day combined with some social time. We are in negotiations to have the beer garden open throughout and after the games. I'm going to try and secure some prizes to be won so if you have any connections please let me know! This is also a good time for those women who attended the Skills Clinics to see some actual games.

Tournaments

* July long weekend tournament (end of June, not really a long weekend!) Please let me or darrell@wtfl.ca know if you are interested
* There was a lot of interest in a pre-season tournament. Unfortunately time is against us in planning this. If there is still interest I would be happy to (with some help!) coordinate something mid-season. Let me know if your team would be interested in something like this.

Schedule should be up soon! Watch for it on this site!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com