Forums » General » TOC Volunteer needed

Messages for TOC Volunteer needed

Comment Posted by spider Apr 16, 2006 01:08 PM

Have you ever wanted to be a participant in the years best party? The National Touch Football Championship tournament, Tournament of Champions, is coming to the West for the first time ever!!!

That's right, your Prez. Mr. Cliff Kitchen, is fulfilling a lifelong dream of bringing the National Touch Football Championship tournament to Winnipeg. On October 6, 7 8 & 9,the Tournament of Champions will have games played at Maple Grove, Assiniboine Park, Tec Voc High school, and one location still to be finalized.

The party central is the Fairmont, a five star hotel, on the corner of Portage and Main. If you want action,that's the place to be. Everything "starts" at 4:00 pm on the friday with the "registration" room opening. That is followed by a general reception/hospitality at 7:00 - 2:00. In between are the customaryTeam rep meeting and Officials meetings, along with the still happening "hospitality."

Last year, 80 teams competed in 6 mens divisions and 2 womans.... Now hey, it is called Tournament of Champions, and it is for the top two divisions. However, the remainder of the divisions are open to anyone who wants to compete. That means YOU!!!

I personally will guarantee you, that should you participate, you will be thinking "Wow! that was the most fun I've had in a longtime. You will not be disapointed! (Also, if you even just drop by th fields or hotel, the "Mardi Gras/Grey Cup" like atmosphere will take you away.

My co-chair, the Prez, is a little shy to ask for volunteers to help (wo)man some tables, sell some beers(drink some beers), record some scores, judge the bikini contest, and co-ordinate the bachelor auction and generally meet and greet everyone....so I'm going to put the word out. We have a need for a few people, to fill a few tasks. (just a couple hours here or there)

In return, we will give you a cool volunteer tournament shirt, give you free meals, free entry into the tournaments games, and 3 "socials," and probably some other complimentary free stuff. Oh and of course, as I started off saying you will be invited to the year's best party, at the Fairmont, on the Sunday, just prior to Thanksgiving. (kind of a wind-up for those teams knocked out) Remember the finals, will go the next day!!

Things are starting to get a little hectic, and I personally need a little help. I need someone to assist me with "program advertising sales." Traditionally,the tournament produces a "souvenir" informational program, and to cover it's production costs etc. it's customary to sell a few adds. The position would require very little time investment. A couple of calls, a brief meeting to get the "camera ready art, and the payment, and that would be it for each add.

This is really a"fun" task, as opposed to lining fields, or registration, or selling drink tickets or, well, you know!

And hey that reminds me, those of you that want a little advertising of YOUR business, you can call me( and/or my soon to be assistant) to get a spot in the program.

Now, I hate to be a little biased,but I am going to claim the back cover, for the "Mazur's Indoor League," where "47 teams came in from the cold!!" What do ya think?

I personally will be contacting many of you, with regard to the, other two inside covers ,and full page add opportunities. Of course, there will be half page and business card size adds available also.

Let's make Cliff's dream come true, and give him the souvenir program he has always wanted, and dreamed about for bringing the 2006 Tournament of Champions to Winnipeg. And hey, besides taking out an add, get your team involved in one of the divisions. October 6, 7, 8, & 9

Oh yeah. We just started a TOC2006 website. I think it's www.toc2006.ca. Somebody post something there. Mine, is the only post so far. Come on Team Toba.

We need a mottofor this event.

Any suggestions? How about, "Win a Championship, in Win - ni - peg!"...OK then you come up with a better one!

Comment Posted by aloszchuk Apr 19, 2006 09:38 AM

Hey Darrell,

I may be able to help you with this especially if you want some help with making great looking marketing materials (logos, etc.). Let me know.

Adam

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 19, 2006 07:44 PM

With those fields we will never host it again.They will be laughing at us. What are we Saskatoon. Get serious.
Glen

Comment Posted by Marcus Apr 19, 2006 10:47 PM

Glen were you abused as a child? Perhaps by monkies?

Comment Posted by theprez Apr 20, 2006 04:12 AM

Glen your being a Dyck! Stop that and don't post anything about TOC unless its postive. I am sure that either your team will be entered into the TOC or you will be wheeling up and down the sidelines watching when the time comes. Your getting pretty cranky in your post 50 era. We might have to put you in a room with two computers, one for you and one for Darrell that will be able to post only to each other so we may de-sensitize you aka A Clockwork Orange

You will be in awe at the Calibre of football coming to town. This is the best of the best. Put up and help out for once in your 30 yr career.

Thanks for your input tho

Cliff
TOC Host Chair

Winnipeg- Host 2006 Tournament of Champions National Championships - Come join the party!!!!

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 20, 2006 11:26 AM

If you babies can't take the critics then get out of town.
Glen

Comment Posted by scott Apr 20, 2006 01:22 PM

Since you have such a potty mouth, why don't you spread some of it(fertilizer) on the field Glen. It may help turn it into a good football field. Glen does make a good point though. Do we(Wtfl) have any money to do some work to the fields. It would be good if we aerated them a few times to help them grow and become soft. Now that I have commented on this I feel I too should donate a afternoon or something like that to push a mower. Count me in.

McArthur

Comment Posted by nomads Apr 21, 2006 12:03 PM

Boys: I will put my money where my mouth is. I will personally sponsor 1/2 of the cost for a full days rental at the Canadinns Stadium for the tourny. Top That!!
Glen

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com