Forums » General » Make extra money this summer being an official. FREE training!

Messages for Make extra money this summer being an official. FREE training!

Comment Posted by marc Mar 20, 2009 12:16 PM

The WTFL is always looking for people interested in being an official whether you have experience reffing or not!

We will be offering a FREE official's clinic again this year for people who are interested in becoming a certified official. To be an official in the WTFL you must have at least the Level 1 (head linesman) clinic completed. The clinic date and location will be announced soon.

How much can you make?
· $21/game - Head Linesman (Sideline Official)
· $27/game - Back Judge
· $32/game - Head Official

Generally you would ref 2 games in one night so you can make anywhere from $42 - $64 a night for a couple of hours of service. Not a bad way to make a couple of extra bucks and get some extra exercise.

We also offer a bonus scale depending on number of games completed during the season so you can make up to $5 more per game. Please see the 2009 season menu on the left for more information.

Lets do some math, because I can tell you're interested. Say you work 5 nights a month (1 a week or so) doing Back Judge assignments. That works out to $270. Do that from May-Sept and you're talking about $1350.

What could you do with $1350?
-You could be a good buddy and pay for your team's registration next year yourself (not likely)
-You could buy new football cleats for the next 10+ years.
-You could by a pretty decent amount of your favourite beverage.
-You could probably book a trip to vegas or mexico next winter.
-I'm sure you get the point.

Certification lasts forever, so do it once and you are set. Stay tuned for the date and location of the 2009 clinic. Questions? Post them here!

Comment Posted by cwentz Mar 21, 2009 08:56 AM

if we did the mandatory clinic last year, does that count for this year??

Comment Posted by marc Mar 21, 2009 10:27 AM

The mandatory clinic last year was the standard level 1 clinic that everybody does. So if you did that, you are level 1 and it lasts forever.

I would imagine that we would be offering level 1,2,3 sessions this year like we did last year, so if you are interested in upgrading to a level 2 or 3 it should be possible as well. Once we have the date finalized I'll post all the info.

Comment Posted by cwentz Mar 21, 2009 04:14 PM

Cool, that was going to be my second question. Ill watch for the date. Thanks.

Comment Posted by marc Apr 26, 2009 09:11 PM

The FREE clinic will be held on May 2nd at the Canad Inns Ft. Garry, Ambassador Room C.

Level 1: 9am to 1pm
Level 2: 2pm to 6pm

The on field portion will be held on May 3rd at 1pm, location TBA.

If you are interested in attending, please email me (marc@wtfl.ca) and let me know which clinic you are interested in. Yes you can take both if you want to!

If anybody is interested in a Level 3 clinic, please send me an email and if there is enough interest we can organize one in a few weeks.

Comment Posted by marc May 03, 2009 10:43 AM

Thanks to all our new referees who came out this weekend and took the level 1 and 2 courses! I hope you enjoyed it and learned a few things.

Thanks also to Darrell Mazur who put on another top notch clinic.

If you were at the clinic and want to be on the referee email list (you will if you want to take games), please send me an email at marc@wtfl.ca.

The draft is tomorrow for head refs and wednesday for BJ and HL.

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 03, 2009 12:48 PM

Thanks again Darrell. Fantastic clinic!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com