Forums » General » Bad Standing Timeline

Messages for Bad Standing Timeline

Comment Posted by marc May 07, 2009 12:12 PM

I think this has gone on far enough. I'm going post a timeline for you all now that our minutes have been approved for the meetings where some of these events have occurred, since this has now become a public conversation. I think this is a matter between the individuals in bad standing and the executive, but here we go anyway:

March 10, 2009, WTFL Board Meeting:
-Jon Franklin motions to have the multi-player rule for 2009 the same as it was for 2008. Scott McArthur seconds.
-Jon and Scott also made their intention known that they would possibly start up another Touch Football league pending the exclusion of this rule.
-Motion is called to a vote after discussion and the motion is defeated.
-Multiple player rule will not be included in 2009.
-Jon and Scott excused themselves from the remainder of the meeting.
-The board decides to give Jon and Scott time to think over whether or not they wish to remain on the board.
-Jon and Scott notified Craig that they would let us know within 48 hours if they want to continue on the board or not.

Saturday night March 14, 2009 - early March 15
-Jon and Scott have not notified the board of their intensions.
-Jon and Scott approach at least one team at the indoor complex after a Pit League game and told them the following:

That the WTFL is raising fees by about 200-300 dollars
That the All-star game is being removed
That the WTFL is no longer offering stadium games.
Championship games would not be played at the stadium
The WTFL elite teams were coming over to their summer league.
The WTFL would be finished as a result of the elite teams moving over.

These statements are not only false, but they were spread by two members who were technically on the board of directors of the WTFL at the time and done so to promote their new summer league.

Before April 3rd, 2009
Jon and Scott were contacted via email on multiple occasions to get an update from them on their board status. They continued to request more time.

April 3rd, 2009
-Jon and Scott both formally resign from the WTFL.
-The pit league launches its summer season on their website.

There are more incidents that have occurred, but this above timeline should hopefully clear up some of the issues. I'm being optimistic I know.

Comment Posted by andy26 May 07, 2009 12:43 PM

Perfect. Thanks Marc for the details, can't think of anything more we would need.

On to bigger and better things, can't wait for the season to start!

Andy

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 07, 2009 12:59 PM

Everyone should remember one thing, there are 3 sides to every story...

One sides story...
the opposing sides story...
And what actually happened.

It is easy to pick and choose what you want people to read/see...especially when you don't have to worry about a rebuttal from the opposing side.

When we are talking minutes here, anyone who was at the AGM last december should ask for a copy of the minutes of that meeting. I don't even know who or how many were at the AGM meeting to vote this "new" contstitution in (apparently no one put the motion on the floor and no one even seconded it?). I guess will find some numbers made up now....6 months later. According to the minutes, the multiple team/player rule was not even discussed. Seems strange to not discuss it even though it was on the agenda and a major item as we can see. Unfortunately I was not at the meeting all I can go by is the minutes...which by all accounts should not be accepted as written at the next AGM.

here they are: I cut and pasted this, no changes were made by me.

Call To Order

- 7:05pm
Approval of 2007 AGM Minutes

Motion to accept: Mark Komus, NERF

Seconded: Derrick Godfrey, Necessary Roughness

Executive Member Reports:

a. President / Vice-President – Craig Swanston

Motion to accept: Mark komus, NERF

Seconded: Jason from Wraith
Passed

b. Treasurer's Report – Raj Brar

Motion to accept: Phil Coss, Morningwood

Seconded: Jen LaForce, STREAK

Passed

c. Officials Report – Brad Kelm

Motion to accept: Gord Woodhall, Hitmen

Seconded: Reynauld Neault

Passed

d. Women's Division Liaison – Wendy Shupenia in lieu of Nicole Laping

Motion to accept: Mel Dheilly, maidens

Seconded: Corey Allen, GGDubs

Passed

Review Proposed Constitution

Motion to discuss: Shane Vipers

Seconded: Derrick Godfrey, Necessary Roughness

Craig discussed Seasonal Operating Procedures as a manual passed from each year. This document is representative of available resources and size of league.

Discussion:

Section 3.2.2 -Increase min number of players from 10 to 12

Marc Jeanson – don't think that min number at beginning of season is relevant

Mark Komus – Should this be a part of the SOP?

Chris Matheson – Assassins/Autobots – concerned about players not getting credit for games where they wre defaulted against.

-> this is addressed in the current

Motion to accept is withdrawn.

Motion to amend the proposed constitution: Steven, Blue Bongers

Seconded: Mark Komus

Amendment 1: remove 3.2.2

Motion to accept amended proposed constitution:

Seconded

New Business
Field Locations:

a. something more central -> encouraged to suggest fields at the beginning of the year

b. interest in home fields for teams to have more scheduled games there
-> send in requests with schedule

c. Field suggestion

17 Wing Rec Centre – Chris Merrithew 833-2500 ext 5511 or 5522

Reschedules costing team members eligibility. -> Chris Matheson

a. Aces folded, game rescheduled to maintain 18 game schedule, cost player eligibility because they could have made that game.

Team contacts
encouraged to have an available team contact with valid email

Eligible players

Need to communicate with refs and league of which players are not eligible for playoffs etc (potentially ongoing forum posting)

Game cards

Referees are asked to keep game cards until season is over (after playoffs)

How are we for referees for next year?: given the current number of teams, we look ok but will likely put on more clinics with interest.

Election of 2009 WTFL Board of Directors

Marc Jeanson – nominated: Adam Loszchuk marc.jeanson@gmail.com
Rebecca Duhard

Sue Monteiro

Jon Franklin

Craig Swanston

Scott McArthur

Nicole Laping

Pat Stanley

Brad Kelm

Wendy Shupenia

Raj Brar

Damian McKenzie

Neal Gupta

Motion: Mark Komus

Seconded: Gord Woodhall
Passed

a. Business Arising
Adjournment
Motion: Brittany Barking Spiders

Seconded: Mel Hersak

8. Distribute Monies owed to WTFL Member Teams

WTFL AGM Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008
Neal is kinda gay

1. Call to order @ 7:05
Motion to accept 2007 AGM minutes - Marc Komus 2 Derrick Godfrey

It's time to move on people, nothing will be changed at this point...play the game.

Cliff Kitchen
Former WTFL President
cjkitch@gmail.com

Comment Posted by marc May 07, 2009 01:09 PM

Cliff, I don't think you have the right copy there. I don't remember a discussion about Neal's sexual orientation at the AGM. :)

Comment Posted by marc May 07, 2009 01:14 PM

If any team representative does want a copy of the actual AGM minutes, please contact the secretary neal@wtfl.ca.

At the AGM, the constitution was definitely voted in and the multi-team rule was brought up. It is a mystery why somebody didn't motion to have it added back into the bi-laws.

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 07, 2009 02:29 PM

The minutes posted by Cliff are not the ones that have been approved by the league. Especially with my "orientation" in there. If you want the actual copy, do what Marc suggests. Email me.

Neal
#12 Woodys

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 07, 2009 05:26 PM

Sorry Neal, just copied from what i was forwarded originally came from Becca. Didn't mean to copy that part.

The league couldn't have approved them until they meet at an AGM or other meeting, which hasn't taken place. However, this is a moot point, what's done is done...

like I said...just play the game....

Cliff

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com