Forums » General » Woman's Clinic a Blast!

Messages for Woman's Clinic a Blast!

Comment Posted by spider May 10, 2009 04:15 AM

Hey,.... just wanted to congratulate the Exec and League on a great Woman's clinic at Tec Voc last Saturday. I was coaching the receiver's station, with Brett Thurston and Brianne and for the first time in memory, of any of the clnics in football I have been at, all participants could actually catch!

More impressive was that the entire executive was out contributing. During the introductions of the ten?volunteer coaches/process of the clinic, I looked over to where the "set up" table was and thought, Wow! how nice to just come out and everything is being run by the newer fresh administration. And a top notch job to the organizers who had everything running like clock work!!

What was there, about 12 volunteer coaches/administrators and about 22 new players? Even one of the Ultimate League's top players/admnistrators was out. Very impressive!

I especially liked the 4:1 female to male odds, er I mean relationship.....ah you know.

Only one problem. Who were all those people with cameras and notepads. They were stopping participants from running through the drills, from time to time, and not just taking pictures but interviewing them!!! Geez!

Hey Exec you've had a pretty good week. 15 new refs at the reffing clinics, 30 refs signed up at the drafts, and 22 newbies for the Ladies div,and a slew of new volunteers.

If that was the first week,what else do you have planned for the league? Did I hear a revival of the "Spring" tournament?

Here's a thought: In discussion regarding footwork technique and beating a DB, and what DB's look for, ("keeping eyes on the receiver's torso")one of gals asked about hip fakes, and then proceeded to demonstrate. Having not quite seen anything like that,that in a football game, I could only respond that I hoped that a coed division/tournament would be coming up!

I think the Ladies should organize a co-ed tournament. Anyone looking for a receiver?

Great job, on a well run, fun event! (let's do another one!!)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com