Forums » General » Stadium Games

Messages for Stadium Games

Comment Posted by spider May 11, 2009 06:49 PM

Hey what's happened to the stadium games??

I can't believe no teams have signed up for the stadium games day. Man, playing on a cushiony surface makes you bounce as you run. Plus it's lined every yard, so you can actually know where the 1st down is. By July the turf will heat up, and will probably be around 30 degrees! (Nothing better than suntanning on artificial turf ...no ants or tickly grass)

Plus after the game, Hooters is right across the street, or Boston Pizza, the other way.

What is the cost about $7.50 a player on both teams? Let's go team reps get your games moved over there. Gee someone should want toplay there ya would think? What's up?

Comment Posted by marc May 11, 2009 10:39 PM

We have 3 teams signed up, but we need some more to make the day worth while. We could also do it on a weeknight instead if we get another team interested. I believe we need another Men's A team to give us 2 games which we could then move to a weeknight.

I didn't schedule anybody at the stadium yet, so once we straighten out who wants in then we can move the games around.

You are definitely right though, it is way more fun to play at the stadium.

Comment Posted by spider May 12, 2009 04:41 AM

3 teams interested! Wow! That was fast!

OK boys (Ladies) This is really a cool experience to play on the lined field, and like I said the turf relly does make you have a "spring" in your step.

Andy, what about moving some of your games there for that saturday?

Hey Kanny, what about your team?

Hey Melissa? What about your team? Lord knows young Shea would love to see the stadium from a different vantage point than here season tickets.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in Tix for Regina? (Labour Day Game)I may have a couple extra

It's just so uch fun to ref and play there.

Thanks for the update Marc!

Comment Posted by marc May 12, 2009 08:45 AM

We had 3 signup for it on registration night, so they have already paid for it. Just need a few more teams who are interested to email me at marc@wtfl.ca and we'll work it out.

Comment Posted by cwentz May 12, 2009 09:51 AM

When is the stadium game day?? whats the team cost??

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 12, 2009 09:54 AM

I believe its tentatively set for July 18. I'm not sure what the date would be if it were moved to a weeknight. Cost for the stadium game is $200.

Comment Posted by Boeing 737 May 12, 2009 05:02 PM

I know Bondiddy is interested. Is there a date you need to know by?

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 12, 2009 07:35 PM

Sooner the better I guess. Just fire off an email to Marc.

Comment Posted by marc May 12, 2009 07:38 PM

So far I think it's BAMF, Wraith and Can't Touch This who have signed up for a stadium date. But the more the merrier, if we could do a solid day instead of an evening that would be better.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Jun 30, 2009 07:52 AM

Any news on the date?

Comment Posted by spider Jun 30, 2009 08:44 AM

Yeah let's get a stadium day.

That gorgeous lined spongey turf radiates heat, and then Hooter's is just across the street for post game soda.

The fields are lined, people can sit in the stands, or go shopping and meet up later.

Are there still teams interested?

How about just putting ome of the rain-outs in there?

Comment Posted by marc Jun 30, 2009 07:01 PM

I'm waiting for the stadium to confirm the date. They said July 15th was available so I'm just waiting to confirm the booking.

Comment Posted by cwentz Jul 01, 2009 05:40 PM

what teams are signed up?

Comment Posted by marc Jul 05, 2009 02:33 PM

July 21st is the confirmed date. The schedule has been updated with those games that night.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com