Forums » General » Good time to discuss Rain Out Games

Messages for Good time to discuss Rain Out Games

Comment Posted by andy26 May 13, 2009 05:12 AM

So can we get a review of the procedure and chain of communication for rain out games? May be tonight.

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 13, 2009 05:21 AM

C'mon Andy... how long have you been playing in this league ;-)
If memory serves me correctly:

1) Keep checking the website for status updates on fields and games.
2) In the event of cancellation, team reps will be notified. Team reps are to communicate this message to their team members. The game will be rescheduled by the league.
3) If its approaching game time and you haven't heard anything, report to the field and assume that the game is still on.
4) The referees will make the call at the field whether or not to postpone the game.

Did I miss anything?

Neal

Comment Posted by andy26 May 13, 2009 05:49 AM

Hey Neal,

Thanks for the refresher, remember their may be new players and/or refs this year that may not know this.

Are we still tryin to announce in on CJOB at a certain time?

Andy

Comment Posted by Jyuen May 13, 2009 05:51 AM

If other (more ghetto) community sports sites can provide Cancellation updates on their website. Surely one of this staure can be updated to include such a feature.

Comment Posted by marc May 13, 2009 05:52 AM

One thing to add this year is that we have a lot of days that we can reschedule games for rainouts. In previous years we often had to try to get the game in because we often didn't have days left to move it to. I'd like to protect the fields we have when possible.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com