Forums » General » Pet Peeve # 1 Huddle cuddle or How I learned where to huddle correctly and not be lost on the field

Messages for Pet Peeve # 1 Huddle cuddle or How I learned where to huddle correctly and not be lost on the field

Comment Posted by spider Jul 29, 2009 08:26 AM

OK...sorry, but after weeks of seing a number of teams flounder/wander/meander/stumble around the field, after breaking the huddle I just had to comment.

Obviously, not everyone has played organized football before.

One of the basic tenets that some teams are seemingly unaware of is where and how to huddle.

Here are a couple basic huddle facts..... that should be written into the new WTFL new rule book. Any variation would be a 10 yard penalty! :)

OK:

# 1 The center calls for a huddle by raising both hands over her head for one second, and says....."Huddle"
# 2 The center does this,10 yards from where the bean bags are set for the L.O.S. (Line of scrimmage) That way when the huddle breaks everyone jogs up to the line and particularly the center, directly forward from the huddle....not wandering around yelling "Where's the bean bag? where's the bean bag? :)

I mean lets face it. If your team is so inept it can't find the bean bag and the starting point of the next play, what does that say for your offense?

# 3 Once in the huddle NO ONE talks except the QB. She calls the play twice, and at the conclusion, says "ready" and everyone claps their hands one time and says "BREAK" (If you have something to say to the QB, get back to her before the huddle forms and say it to her quickly, and..........briefly.)

# 4 After the entire team claps hands and says "Break" the team jogs out of the huddle to their position.

OK, thats, better, yeah I feel better now.....Centers...beware........10 yard penalty for illegal huddle formation! :) rule change suggestion for 2010!

Comment Posted by mb325 Jul 29, 2009 12:53 PM

as for #2, I can totally understand the point of this. I never can find the bag. Maybe it's my horrible eye sight or the sun in my eyes. Maybe I'm busy trying to figure out why the official gave us 3 yards on an 8 yard catch and I lose my bearings. My inability to bring together a cute huddle has really shown on the scoreboard. sorry Team...."break"!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com