Forums » General » question for admin

Messages for question for admin

Comment Posted by andy21 Jul 30, 2009 05:53 AM

I broke a finger during a game last week and now have a cast on right hand. Can't catch ball but can still run and play defense. Are players permitted
to play with a cast or is it against league rules.

With Thanks
andy21

Comment Posted by cswanston Jul 30, 2009 05:58 AM

Hi Andy,

Cover your cast with foam rubber. As long as the refs feel it is padded and covered to the extent that others are not at risk you may play.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 30, 2009 06:02 AM

If you have a cast on ....How can you type that question???....Wait also...you couldn't catch before......:)

Hey here's another one?....what about instituting a "mercy rule" on a trial basis for the month of August?
Rationale: I've seen a few injuries take place near the end of games when teams should agree to down the ball, but don't.

Yes I know you paid your money.

But, so did the two dudes and dudettes that sustained broken ankles and torn knee ligaments. Instead of missing meaningless 3 minutes, they now miss 3 - 9 months.

In experienced team games, the protocal is to agree to waive the last few minutes when the opponents have been thoroughly beaten. I mean face it...if you haven't been successful for the previous 77 minutes, magically you will be in the last three?

How about Mr.Commish? Trial basis for month of August?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 30, 2009 10:16 AM

from the Canadian Rule Book for Touch Football:
Regulation 5.2;

...Arm casts can be worn only to protect an injury and must be flexible and contain no hard materials in a wet or dry state."

The Ref can interpret that the way he/she wants. If it is covered with foam rubber, it may be acceptable to the Ref.

Comment Posted by andy21 Jul 31, 2009 05:16 AM

thanks...... The mercy rule while a shot to the ego isn't the worst idea. My injury was in the last minutes of a game we had no chance of winning. Many times the better team will run up the score in order to build up their stats so which team decides whether to press on or not?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com