Forums » General » Week 12- Bombers at Alouettes/ St. Norbert at Daniel

Messages for Week 12- Bombers at Alouettes/ St. Norbert at Daniel

Comment Posted by spider Sep 16, 2009 12:38 AM

Week 12 sees the Bombers venture East in search of what seems like thir first win in months.

If there is anyone out there that could predict a Bomber win, then hats off to you. This could be a record for odds against a Bombers victory. Do they go that high? Montreal by 20?

Yesterday, that being Tuesday, Kelly called a Press Conference where anticipation ran high, that the announcement was for him to resign. CJOB speculated Casey Printers was coming in. But no!

He announced that Fans should be more loyal(like Saskatchewans ...who gathered around the team bench last game and sang Koombai ya). He announced that he had faith in himself, "stay the course," and that things would turn around....and when they did, there wouldn't be room for the bandwagon jumpers to get back on!

Apparently 1500 people tuned into the Free Press website to view what was widely speculated to be his resignation............ They got that instead!..........What a "deviate" What a jerk to waste everyone's time! Well, those fanatics that had the time anyway!

Rumour has it the Bombers are going to start the new QB. Aditionally, TSN reported that the benching of Barin Simpson to the IR list was done illegally. Simpson has hired an agent. According to TSN, Simpson can't be placed on the 9 gameIR without signing papers, and thus must be put back on the roster, or traded.

Yet another goof of mismanagement in the Bunglers clubhouse.

Enough of this.

Friday, the 4 year old re-started Daniel Mac Maroons, play the new St.Norbert High School football team, at Daniel Mac's tiny Alverstone field site.

Four years ago I was asked to coach the re-invented team, and did so for two years. We started in July and fielded a team in September back in 2006? Of course the team has never won a game since re-joining the HS football league, but then again, with a neighbouring population of non-football playing students, and zero feeder clubs, that was expected. During that time the team did have some exceptional players, and some exciting games, but ......

However, last year they did tie a game, and this year in their first game, they lost 33-31 in their first game. A feeded system has been organized (Valour Road Patriots by former DMCI coachs!)So, theplan is in the works to re-introduce football in the Inner City....certainly the WestEnd. Plans are underway to continue development in the Central park area of downtown Winnipeg, also)

Now, however, the Maroons, play a new team from St. Norbert, coached by former Bison and Eagle, Adrian Huntley!!

The atmosphere at DMCI's postage stamp size field is really awesome, andunmatched asnywhere in Winnipeg!!! The spectating area is either the street which is 4 yards from the field, or the North sideline, 2 yards from the fild, but extends back about 8 yards, and more with the South parking lot adjacent. The resulting atmosphere produces greater excitement in the confined area.

The field is so small, about 90 yards long with 7 yard end zones (seemingly regulation size wide), but surrounded by large Oak trees that the school actually pads the tree trunks!!! Converts kicked, regularly go over the fence, and neighbours toss the ball back..it's really quite "quaint"

Of course the staff at the school, serve up hot dogs and drinks for a $dollar each. Coupled with Parentsand alumni and students, spectators regularly surround the field!! Certainly if you are a DMCI alumnus, you should definitly drop in this week for what is anticipated to be a first for one of the teams involved!!

Comparatively,this game promises to be 100 times more entertaining than what the Bombers will serve up this weekend, for what seems likely to be a first.....a victory for a team YOU are cheering for!!!

All for the price of....$ Free!!! So if you have a few free moments, on the way home from work, centrally located, Daniel Mac High School, 720 Alverstone, (a block NW off of Sargent and Arlington, between Wellington and Sargent)drop by and see something not seen for a long time in these here parts, an entertaining football game!!!:)

Game time is 5:00 pm Friday

For the record......Montreal 36 - Bombers 11

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 16, 2009 05:19 AM

Spider... you are being too generous. Bombers start a QB with ZERO CFL football experience. I doubt we'll get 11. 11 singles? Perhaps. That's assuming we just punt on First Down.

And our offensive Genius is probably thinking we need a 3 receiver set now. And how about Joe Lobendahn. The replacement to a true leader gets tossed in the Banjo Bowl. The defence is supposed to follow that leader????

Yes I'm bitter. This team is terrible and I honestly believe my 3-15 prediction for the bombers is a reality.

Montreal 45 - Winnipeg 7

PS> I am actually going to be in Montreal on Sunday watching the pummeling up close... look for me on TV. One of only 3 guys wearing Bomber Jerseys! We'll be in the end zone, so there will be plenty of TV time for us!

"Cavillo back to pass. TOUCHDOWN Ben Cahoon! His fourth of the day!"

Comment Posted by spider Sep 16, 2009 06:43 AM

Yeah, I know..I was originally going to go with a Bombers 3, but I figure on luck alone they'll get a couple of field position field goals. Maybe one good drive. (They usually get one), but when the opposing team adjusts, it's game over, so that will be another 3 or 7, so that puts the Blue at 11 or 13 points. So, I went with 11

you're bitter!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently, you're not alone!

It's far beyond me to rationalize how he (Kelly)thinks four receivers can get open. Plus with no backs involved. Plus you need a QB to figure what level is open and thow it there.

I watched the receivers last game and they were blanketed....plus not a lot of crossing patterns. Then on some occassions guys like Bryant quit (cross body throw for interception) and that is inexcuseable!! But I guess the receivers know it is pointless to run a pattern when covered by two guys, so they have pretty much given up.

That leaves Bishop, left to scramble as that offensive line can't block anyone, and Bishop is criticized for a lousy completion percentage. I doubt anyone, especially this new immobile Casey guy can get it done. Maybe he can throw quick slants, but the D never has to go Zero coverage, so, a Safety will always figure in the equation. Yeeesh! I don't know.....

But, you'll be in Montreal, a beautiful city. Will you be getting outside of the city? The color of the leaves may be starting to turn, and it is gorgeous in the Fall. Bring back one of those plentiful Maple leafs if they have fallen from the tree.

Oh God, me thinks I am sounding Poetic....Am I? No, stop.......... When does hockey start?

Go Bombers! :)

Comment Posted by alouette Sep 16, 2009 07:12 AM

I'm tired of winning. How about I put on a ridiculous score, like Montreal 65 Winnipeg 8...
Mike Kelly blames the 3 fans with Bombers jersey in the endzone for distracting his quarterbacks. He gets rewarded with a 3 year contract extension.

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Sep 16, 2009 11:33 AM

Well, i am going to go the Price is right route and assume that no one in the right mind will pick the bunglers....so..

bunglers 1
All Wets 0

heh..heh..heh..that is so smart..?..maybe..?

headed for another 'W' ;)

Comment Posted by spider Sep 19, 2009 02:16 PM

Hey,..OK,..... Daniel won, Friday, for the first time in the 2st century, beating St. Norbert Celtics 43-0. They did their part.........Hamilton beat Calgary........and warm temps beat cold temps, today..........do ya see what I am driving at!!!!!!!???????

Upset city!, when hell freezes over, and weird shite can happen!!!
I mean Montreal hasn't looked that good the last two games......and.....and.....if you believe Dalli Lama Kelly, the Bombers are almost good......um....Maybe the new receiver and the new QB will be the 2000 and teens version of Khari and Milt???

So, anyone thinkin the Bombers besides Mr. Vegas, double zeero??? 1 nothing!!!!talk about covering the spread and "nearest score wins!!!"

Anybody see a bandwagon go by?

Comment Posted by spider Sep 20, 2009 11:45 AM

Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo I think I win!!! predicted a 36-11 score and the actual was 33- 14. I think that's the closest!!!! I finally get to keep my hands on one of my balls!!!

I am so excited I get to get one of my own balls!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm! that didn't sound right!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com