Forums » General » Week 16 Alouettes at Bombers

Messages for Week 16 Alouettes at Bombers

Comment Posted by spider Oct 22, 2009 06:16 AM

Well it's crunch time!!

Bombers have to keep pace with the t-cats who play Argos. Can Wpg win one of these Alouette games? If so which one? Will Calve ill-o (get it?? sore calf...ahem)play and how much.

Will the good Bishop return or the bad Bishop?

But of course, it's the return of Banjo Bowl President Troy Westwood.

Ya know, the Alouettes have traditionally lost late in the season, and the Bombers have actually played the Als "tough" at times.....This one may not seem like such a slam dunk..........

Any ideas??

Comment Posted by captainwoody Oct 22, 2009 08:11 AM

It may not be a slam dunk... but we're talking about the bombers... perennial choke artists! I love the Bombers, but I still believe there is no post-season for them. Since i did such a bang up job predicting all the winners for the WTFL champs here's my prediction to some of the plays in Saturday's game:
- Bombers will score first on a Troy Westwood Single (60 yd punt with the wind) to get their only lead of the game
- An inept Michael Bishop will get picked off 4 times and sacked 3.
- Macpherson will look like a pro due to the Bomber D being on the field for more than half of the game.
- Casey Bramlet will come off the bench in the 4th quarter and produce his first CFL TD pass to none other than Terrance Edwards.

Montreal 32 - Winnipeg 15

Comment Posted by alouette Oct 23, 2009 04:29 AM

You know I wouldn't miss this one.
The word from Montreal (yes, I get privilege information) is that Adrian McPherson will start (Calvillo hasn't taken any reps this week). He is a young Bishop (strong arm, legs) but with MORE ACCURACY. Considering how the Bombers D handled Lulay last week, they will spend a lot of time on the field. Bishop will have to be perfect like Kevin Glenn was last week in order for the Bombers to win this one. So ain't gonna happen.

Montreal 24 Winnipeg 19

Calvillo will be back next week in Montreal, so the Bombers will get destroyed. I predict no win for the Bombers against Montreal (why aren't you surprised ?). Hamilton will beat Toronto but will lose to the Riders. Will come down to the last game of the season with Hamilton in town. That should be a good game with a potential home playoff game against Edmonton on the line. There's still hope Bombers fans !

Comment Posted by spider Oct 24, 2009 12:00 PM

Hot Damn!!

The Bombers actually won!!! Looks like I get to keep my hands on my balls! (That is no one predicted the best score, so no game ball will awarded....phew)
Of course, "Calv ill - o" didn't play, and half their starting D wasn't dressed, but hats off to the Blue and Bishop for getting it done.....sets up the last game vs. Hamilton for the playoff spot..... Bombers win that last game, they get 2nd in the East!!

Congratulations to the Bombers!!

Comment Posted by captainwoody Oct 26, 2009 07:03 AM

Ok I am happy to be wrong on this one. The bombers looked impressive against Montreal. Only East Div team to beat them too. I wonder what next week will be like!

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Oct 26, 2009 09:05 AM

Eric (or as Cliffy says All-wet),

Even though AC didn't play, that was some performance by the Bombers in all facets of the game. Too bad I didn't see you at the game to rub it in a bit. I guess we'll see how they do on Sunday with AC back in (assuming he plays). Can't wait for the showdown for 2nd on the 8th. I hope everyone gets their tickets and fill up the place, that was a pathetic sized crowd on Sat.

Man, that was a sic return by Jovan, must have run 150 yds with all of the back and forth.

Darrell, I think your spending a little too much time with you hands on your own balls, time to find a woman (someone had to say it)!

Les

Comment Posted by spider Oct 26, 2009 10:01 AM

Les..............I am speechless...................I can't believe you of all people ......last time we go to Hooters after reffing an Elite final!!!!OK, maybe not! :)

Yeah that run back actually looks better and better every replay!

And....he actually did run about 180 yards!!!! I think that guy is definitely the # 1 punt returner in the league!!!

Man it sure took this team along time to come around, but, the return game is actually something to fear. Bishop is Bishop, but when you compare him to most of the other QBs, right now, he's looking pretty darn good.

I don't care about the ints, because for the most part, they aren't hurting us. Yes he had a couple returned for TDs and a couple of fumbles, but after hearing Kelly's explanations, hald weren't Bishops fault. So all in all, he's playing extremely well. (as he did in Toronto 3 years ago ...with that 10/1 game winning streak.)

He throws a great ball, and gives the re4ceivers time for yak yards.

The D is playing great. except for those QB runs. But you have to give up something right? and when's the last time a QB won agame running? Don't answer...we made Joseph an MVP on his games against Winnipeg. But, really, take that away, and Bombers are doing pretty well.

What a great league this season. All the play-off spots except two, are virtually up for grabs. Like really who is going to win the West???? Which one of the four teams???

and then compare Bombers to those teams, and they have played prettywell, all except Saskatchewan...who is awesome with the Canadian talent.

Hey here's a good question, who are the league award winners?

JJ for special teams or how about Outstanding player??? Cavillo will probably win, for outstanding player, but wow??
That Sask receiver Baggs? for outstanding Canadian? What are his stats?
Outstanding Lineman??? Hey how about Doug Brown?? Who has played better?

and you are right, let's get some tickets sold for that big game vs. Kevin Glenn and the pussycats.

Hooters 3 hours before game time...table # 83 and... recently,.... after!!!

Hey Grey Cup, here we come!!

Comment Posted by alouette Oct 29, 2009 06:47 AM

Les,

I was at the game but spent most (too much) of my time at the Jamaican Hut. Montreal's D was sleeping the whole game and didn't give McPherson much of a chance to win it. He still managed to put up 24 points against a good Bomber D, not bad for a QB that had only played 2 quarters of football all year. Better than what LeFors and Bishop did in the first half of the season.

Calvillo will be playing Sunday and I expect nothing less than a solid win over the Bombers. But no matter what, I'll be at the last game at Canad Inns, it should be a good game.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com