Forums » General » Grey Cup Predictions

Messages for Grey Cup Predictions

Comment Posted by spider Nov 26, 2009 03:05 PM

OK, Eric has to be in Calgary by now, plus with no Bomber games the last two weeks he's probably not even readingthe forum. So it's safe for anyone else to make some predictions,and not be beaten out by "Mr. Six wins!"

Well what do ya think?

Sask will have home field advantage, but what else?
Montreal has the best team in the land, and Trestman has them playing to their potential. Does anyone think Sask can beat them???

Sask has the All-Canadian receiving core, and are decent on D.
Montreal and Cavillo nickel and dime and have a pretty good D.

Hmmmmm

Any ideas?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Nov 27, 2009 06:21 AM

I think Montreal wants this more than Sask. Their playoff history aside, Montreal just looks to be on all cylinders. One week off, and look how they absolutely destroyed BC.

I don't know how Durant is in Championship games as a starter. He took a little warming up but finally got going in the West Final.

I dislike the Als personally, but if Montreal wins the Grey Cup, AC might retire!!! GO ALS GO!

Montreal 31 - Sask 20

Comment Posted by spider Dec 01, 2009 05:36 PM

That's a pretty accurate score their CW.

Nice pick!

Is Marcus alright???

Comment Posted by marc Dec 02, 2009 05:44 AM

Sorry been practicing my counting. I keep getting to 13 for some reason.

BEWARE OF THE 13th MAN!

Comment Posted by spider Dec 02, 2009 06:32 AM

How could they not pull Lucas off the field???? He was right on the fricken end???
Man, that is so sad.

They basically won the game 60 minutes- they were the better team!!!

When the 2nd field goal went through, the Montreal bench just exploded, with about 60 guys leaping into the air. Talk about jubilation.

Hey it was good for the league. Just like Sun Parties upsetting the legendary Assassins.

Once every ten years changes are OK.

Great comeback by the Als though. Then they got lucky.

Glad to see MJ is OK.

Now will New Orleans and Indy go undefeated? Man both teams have a good chance. Especially the Saints. Pretty soft schedule.

Comment Posted by alouette Dec 02, 2009 08:44 AM

Ouf ! I thought I was going to get banned from this site by the Riders fan two posts up...
The 13th man, that has to be the most ironic thing I've ever seen...Taken from a Webster's dictionary under irony: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play...sorry, still laughing.

Anyways, I'm still recuperating from my weekend in Calgary, watching the Grey Cup parade in Montreal on RDS.ca Did you get those tickets Darrell ? I was 10 feet behind you buying mine. I sat 11 rows down in the endzone where all the "dramatic" action took place. I saw those two familiar orange flags go up by the goal posts before the ball was kicked (must have been a sign why I started reffing this year). While the Riders fans surrounding me were celebrating, the ref in me couldn't stop pointing at the flags in the endzone... Next thing I knew, the stands were empty but the dozen of us Alouettes fans who managed to find each other.

Got lucky ? Are you serious Darrell ??? It's not how you start but how you finish ? A 15-3 record doesn't mean squat if you can't win the big game ? Good teams always find a way to win even in adversity ? Would have been lucky if there was a bunch of bad calls, a fluky deflection or a circus catch. No, It was a great comeback by the offense, clutch performance on D and no costly mistake on special teams. The marks of a great team.

In the end, Montreal 28 Saskatchewan 27, the best team won. And Calvillo isn't retiring. See you next year in Edmonton.

Comment Posted by marc Dec 03, 2009 11:44 AM

I would say you got off a bit lucky there. Montreal got dominated for about 56 minutes, unfortunately the game is 60 minutes long.

The game was actually lost on the previous drive when Sask played lame and didn't kill the clock by getting first downs.

If Duval just hit the 43 yarder like any real kicker would do, then the penalty wouldn't have mattered.

I do appreciate the counting jokes though from bomber fans. Of course the only thing they can count on is next year their team will suck.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com