Forums » General » 2nd Annual WTFL Summer Tournament

Messages for 2nd Annual WTFL Summer Tournament

Comment Posted by cswanston Apr 28, 2010 06:20 AM

Bring your Cleats, your Sunscreen and your Advil!

The Winnipeg Touch Football League is pleased to announce our Second Annual Summer Touch Football Tournament!

The WTFL Summer Tournament will be open to ALL teams from ALL leagues from ALL divisions.

Play teams and players that you would never normally have a chance to play.

ALL registration fees will go directly to Prize Money, Trophies and MVP Awards once costs are covered. That means the more teams that enter the greater the prize money! There will be prize money for all finalists and semi-finalists!

Never played in a tournament before? Don’t miss out on the fun. Challenge yourself and your team and see how you stack up with competition from across the city.

Divisional alignment will make sure you will have competition at your level.

The Games will be “tournament time” (1 hour games) so that means fast paced games where every touchdown and every defensive stop makes a difference.

All teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3 games!

When: Saturday August 14th and Sunday August 15th, 2010

Where: To Be Finalized

Why: A Chance to play different teams, to win money and have fun!

Cost: Early Bird Registration Deadline:June 12th, 2010- $300
Regular Registration Deadline: August 1st, 2010- $350
After August 1st, 2010- $400

*Insurance is included with registration
*Signed waivers are required by August 10th for teams and players not registered with the WTFL

Please send Cheque or Money Order to:

WTFL
908-90 Garry St
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3C 4J4

Rosters will be “open” but must be declared by August 10th.

Ladies, we will need at least 4 Women’s Teams to have a Women’s Division so talk to the other teams!

Questions? Contact craig@wtfl.ca or marc@wtfl.ca

Comment Posted by spider Apr 30, 2010 09:44 AM

Hey Great job getting the tourney up and running again. What a great experience playing in a tournament.

So, are there any plans for a Beer garden? Ya know, back in the 80's and 90's we held it at the Vincent massey/ Holiday Inn site and rented out their CC. When I played in the late 70's we had a tournament there and had the beer garden in the hockeyrink. What a blast, andall the great memories and laughs.

Nothing like havin a few bubblies when it's 30 degrees outside after playing some ball.

We haven't done that in ages. That should be a priority. A site with a beer garden. Anyone want to volunter to host or help run it? Just an idea?

Comment Posted by marc Apr 30, 2010 09:59 AM

We are working on that angle too. Last year we were not allowed by the city to have a beer garden at Optimist Park.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 30, 2010 10:37 AM

Well If ya need help, I'll certainly be there to drink some beer. I used to bartend, so I could also crack a few for a few hours. Will Darin's Dogs be back? I haven't had one of those since the Assassins Xmas party at the Pal just befoe Xmas. Anyone know where Darrin is located, before I have to start drivin around the city?

Have you heard from any teams yet? Remember that U of Regina team? They were great guys. They had to be the most polite group of players. Wasn't this/that their first time playin touch? Ya have to invitethem back...maybe too near training camp though..... We should invite the U of M to send a team, maybe even the U of Sask, and Calg.

Yes that's the ticket! Make sure we have a beer/wine cooler garden though....er forgot the women may be be drinkin too....oh and hats, we should get some "made in the WTFL" hats. Ya need a hat in the sun, with beer.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com