Forums » General » Crazee plays # 8

Messages for Crazee plays # 8

Comment Posted by spider Jun 26, 2010 06:21 PM

Sorry I am late onthis one, but here it is. (This one is for those Masters of ouch Football, if youcome up with the casebooks answer.....OK, this one may seems a little redundant, but what a "SNAFU" if it occurs. Similar to last week. (This one happened to me when I was playing, and boy did it upset our team.)

Here's the play:

The Ref announces 2nd and ten. The offense completes a 5 yard pass. The ref then explains it was really 3rd down. (Of course sufficient yards were not gained so the offense turns the ball over.)

What to do???

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jun 26, 2010 11:39 PM

The ref will endure a lot of lip from the offence for starters.
Regardless, the ball turns over and the defending team takes possession of the ball. no re-down, no replay.

Comment Posted by spider Jun 27, 2010 11:35 AM

Huh,wha! What #^&*@!!!,ooooh sorry, flashback to the day it happened...any other suggestions......?????#%^&*@#rrrrgghhhh!

Comment Posted by cwentz Jun 28, 2010 08:05 AM

I'll guess they get another down 3rd and 5yds ... But would have agreed on turnover on downs

????

Comment Posted by spider Jun 29, 2010 06:03 AM

OK CW you're right.

Another reason illustrating why all officals should know what down it is,and should communicate it after every play with all officials signalling, so it's confirmed.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com