Forums » General » Bombers vs. Eski-Schmoes July 24

Messages for Bombers vs. Eski-Schmoes July 24

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 19, 2010 11:29 AM

Get this one started nice and early.

Bombers are starting their backup Jyles, because the glass man Pierce is injured. Our defense, whom just last year led the league in interceptions, cannot stop anything. Mind you there is a bunch of holding going on, but we've managed 1 sack in two games. Offense looks out of synch. That's two straight games where the Bombers took the first quarter and a half off. Special Teams at least managed to go a game without giving up a TD.

And to top it off... The Eskimos are 0-3. Now the advantage here is that we're playing at home. But The Esks will be wanting to enter the W column soon.

I hate to say it but I think we're going to lose.

Esks 28 - Bomb Squad 16.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 20, 2010 04:37 AM

Well, so far, no news on new players, so, I have to agree with your prediction, and even the type of score. I'll go 36-12 for Edmonton.

The seemingly "new" defensive philosophy on bend but don't break, plays into Edmonton's hands. They run the ball better than Hamilton did, and our LB's seemed unable to stop the run. Ricky Ray gets the ball out fast and accurate...

On the Bombers side, the offense kind of plays with a handicap. They basically don't throw to Watson (can't catch) Ralph is basically a fifth receiver playing in the 3rd rec spot, and Bowman is supposed to be the arguably # 1 guy, and he can't catch. That leaves TJ Harris (is he hurt and can he play?) and Edwards. Harris and Edwards are awesome. UNless Jyles scrambles and breaks contain (and rushes for a 100 yards, yeah right!!)it's going to be a long night for the Blue.

Last year people criticized the QB...but as we saw last game, it wasn't the QB's fault. If he didn't scramble for his life every play he'd be killed....and that's what happened last week. If I were the coach I'd be getting a new interior line. Maybe Labatte is good, but it was his man that rolled into Buck's leg causing Buck to be gone for 6 weeks(heard it on OB this morning)

We need a running back who canpound it into the line,and hurt people. Right now, playing defense against the Bombers you can line up with 9 DBs, b/c the Bombers run game is only successful outside. That tells me the interior linemen can't do their job.

One good think is that Lapo, seems to correct the previous weeks mistakes, so, maybe they can come up with something. However, what happened to the "pressure?" defense? Last week we seemed to be a bend but don't break unit. Confused? I was. Seemed like the players were also. Say, who covers those backs out of the backfield? LB's had a nightmare last week trying to figure that out.

Maybe Courtney Smith will replace Bowman at LB. Maybe they'll bring pressure. Maybe they'll cover Stamps. Geez last week on offense Hargraves actually looked good.....What's the answer?

As I see it Capt Woody, it's going to be sunny and hot, and a nice day to celebrate a beautiful Manitoba summer, similar to what a month later will bring to the league in the Summer tournament.

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 20, 2010 06:23 AM

wadda ya meen...no new players..Joey Elliot former Boilermaker QB.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2010 07:04 AM

Yo, BSG,

Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhya goin to the game? Hoots 3:30ish, #83...Brad 'ill have it securred....well, back to the Bombers...sounds like they are taking Watson out and starting Hargraves. That's one they got correct.

Here are the other areas of concern:

1.) Interior line. Let's see how often Jyles is sacked or has to run like mad.
2.) Bowman and Ralph. How many drops will they have? Anymore than 2, and they should go play hockey. (don't have to catch)
3.) Bowman is still starting at Will LB....I actually like his potential. He's actually a srong safety, playing LB, so that is understandable why he get's lost in coverage sometime.....but...
4.) Suber is apparently not playing so that means Brown Jr. or? Was this injury why they seemed to play so much zone last week.
5.) Just read Edmonton has the top pass defence. So Jyles will get top marks if he picks them apart.
6.) Defensive line - Is Brown done? I mean can they run a "twist"or a "stunt"(Like Montreal did last night with Bowman and Stewart?), or is he just limited to bull rushes and taking the center and guard? Can they contain the QB???Geez if you're having problems containing Kevin Glenn,...you know you are in trouble.
7.) Can we sun tan? or will it rain? Can we watch Jim Bell "fume" if the beer snake starts up in Section S? (Next to where I sit?)
8.) and will Joey Elliot get into the game?? :)

Comment Posted by heisman Jul 23, 2010 08:08 AM

all I gotta say is the beer snake better start up again, I think a large majority of section S fans enjoy it and we can make this a North American tradition if we keep up the good work.

I am terribly dissappointed that the Bomber Brass decided to kibosh the beer snake and crack down on the rowdieness of section S, quite possible the greatest fan section in all of sports. I guess we will see tomorrow how serious they are about cracking down.

Comment Posted by alouette Jul 23, 2010 10:36 AM

All right Darrell, here it is, just for you, wait for it...
Edmonton 31 Winnipeg 33. Ha ! you heard it here !

Comment Posted by spider Jul 23, 2010 11:06 AM

I am going out to bet on this right now.....kidding I don't bet, but, if you have Winnipeg,Consider it a done deal!

Let the party begin!

Here we go Bombers here we go....Here we go Bombers herewe go!

I bet Toronto over BC tonite.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com