Forums » General » Bombers vs. Stamps in Calgary Is this Game 5?

Messages for Bombers vs. Stamps in Calgary Is this Game 5?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2010 07:04 AM

Well Neal, you started it early last week......I guess I'll get it goin this week.

Bombers were great vs. the Esks. Answered all my questions.

Apparently, Bombers are supposed to get Suber and Logan back, maybe even Pierce (I doubt that) Moton was hurt a bit, but said he was OK last night on the Spin Zone. So Bombers are good to go.

That leaves the Stamps. Seems to me Burris is hot or cold. He's actually both in the same game!

This could be a truer test of the Bombers. Both teams are and have improved their games. Both can self-destruct. So, one question remains. Can the Bombers play on the road? Their showing in Hamilton was awful. Plus they haven't won in Calgary, since.....when was the last time? Joe Poplawski's subbing in for the injured field goal kicker and kicking the winning field goal???

It's great the Bombers are getting better, but I'll go with the home team..... say by 10.
27-17 for Calgary.

What do ya think?

Comment Posted by alouette Jul 27, 2010 09:11 AM

A 2 for 1 deal for you Darrell this week. Stamps now have footage on Jyles and Alouettes have had a full week of practice at home. Blowouts.

Montreal and Calgary 43, Toronto and Winnipeg 14.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 27, 2010 10:18 AM

Yeah that's a good point.

LIke i was saying, this should be a good week to maybe get a handle on how good or bad the teams are.

I wonder what Neal thinks?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 27, 2010 06:48 PM

I choose not to think... it hurts the brain :P.

Calgary is a strange team. Lose to Toronto, and Torch Saskatchewan. I think the Bomb Squad matches up well against them. Like Eric says though, Calgary has game footage of Jyles, so he may not be as effective. I'll go with a Bomber Loss.

30 - 20 Stamps.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 28, 2010 04:34 AM

Mang!

Are there no Bomber hopefuls out there. We are all just a bunch of cynics!

Comment Posted by captainwoody Jul 28, 2010 06:56 AM

That's the problem. If I remain hopeful... the Bombers always lose. If I remain cynical, at least I can't be disappointed if they lose... and if they win, I'll be happy.

Comment Posted by spider Jul 30, 2010 01:44 PM

Yee of such little faith.....

It's like the Bombers are Jekyl and Hyde.....weren't they the defensive ends in the 70's????, naw must be something else, (not tht Burris is any different)
Do the Bombers have the kahoonas to makea better road game showing....????

I'm getting that feeling....maybe....just maybe...

How about them Eskies???

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com