Forums » General » Crazee Plays # 14 Here's a doozy

Messages for Crazee Plays # 14 Here's a doozy

Comment Posted by spider Aug 06, 2010 03:53 AM

Is that how you spell doozy?

Again, drawing from my experience. This one happens maybe 3x a year, and when it does, often upsets defenders around the world. Here's the play:

Receiver A1 attempts to catch a pass, but it hits her and is being juggled. Defenderette, B1 moves in and shoves the receiver away from the ball, which was still in the process of being caught..

What's the call, or is there one?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 06, 2010 06:51 AM

Hmmmm....

I'm thinking that this should be called Pass Interference on B1 as she is taking away A1's right to play the ball. Either that or personal foul on B1.

Comment Posted by duhard Aug 06, 2010 07:42 AM

Pass I. Whether it's the first, second, third attempt to catch the ball, if you take someones positional advantage to catch the ball away by interfering, it's Pass I. And defenders always get mad when you call pass I :)

Comment Posted by cwentz Aug 06, 2010 08:17 AM

This happened at our game the other day, it was ruled a catch with no flag I proceded to argue the call but got nowhere so I'm guessing that's the call haha

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 10, 2010 09:44 AM

In hindsight Chris, I probably shouldn't have ruled that a catch. Like one of your players said: "Rough tag or PI but not a catch." My mistake. I'll get it right next time.

So Spider, what's the answer?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 10, 2010 12:14 PM

Yo, Yo, Yo, Adriennnnnne....er ,make that Rebecca! Damn Straight girl friend!!!!

(Sorry, that new Sly Stallone movie starts soon.....)

Definitely Pass I

B1 must allow the receiver to play the ball (Rule 18.1) (old rule book)

In addition Capt. Woody, you may also call a rough play on the defender if the contact knocks the receiver away from the ball.

The officials should probably check each other's call. As the rough play penalty (15 yards)might be a greater gain,and could even be added to the live ball Pass I call.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!! Two for the price of one

Now in tackle football, there wouldn't be a penalty. Once the receiver touches the ball he can be lit up! an like you said Beca, there will probably be some DBs tryin to help ya with the call!!

.....and then there is that old ref motto, "if the players ain't yellin at ya, ya must be doin somethin wrong!"

OK maybe I made that up, but, if one side doesn't disagree, what's the official doin?

Stay tuned...more pass I come this Friday....the 13th......

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com