Forums » General » Friday the 13th, or back to the Glory days - Disco!@!

Messages for Friday the 13th, or back to the Glory days - Disco!@!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 10, 2010 08:26 AM

It's70's Retro Night at the old slum house.....Remember Fat Sams Disco on Broadway? Man me and the Joyal twins danced the night away.......sigh.....those were the days.....OH well.....

This weeks game should be subtitled.......Bombers vs.Hamilton III or is it IV..just like that classic Hooror film series Friday the 13th.......we have the continuing saga of our version of "Days of our Bombers......." They could use Hope to add Bruce to her list of attacks.(Ya have to be a days of our Lives Fan to understand)

What the Buck...............He may play? Is that what we need for a win? Buck Peirce rising from the dead,..bwuuu agh,ha.

The Blue just axed Geldorf....er Serna, for a lousy guy ex of the Riders!!!Ah well had to do something.

Was just talking to the Defensive Coordinator of the Greyhounds, and we agreed that stopping Arland Bruce would be an idea, if the Bombers wanted to shut down the cats. Well No kidding. I added that that Kavis reid goof, hasn't done a great job game planning. First it was that tubby guy in Calgary Lewis, then Bruce (just after he lit up whoever the week before.)Then he has to gas a timeout early in the 2nd half because guess why????13 men on the field ....again!!!!

Mang!

So what's the prognosis for this FRiday??
Well let's start with some givens.....Hooters 5:00pm, wings....
rainy weather, somewhat.

and now, being the pessimistic optimist,...I think the Bombers will come out and blow the Ti-cats away. First off it follows the win one lose two pattern, plus, in a few of the losses the Bombers have actually put themselves in a position to win, but then don't....BUT they seem to always correct the previous games problems.

And did ya know this is apparently the last time we see the Bombers at home for a month, Banjo Bowl, I guess would be the next game......so......

So Wayne...What's the exact score?

Bombers 42- Cats 24

Discuss! :)

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 10, 2010 10:10 AM

I hope to God that a fire gets lit under the ass of the Bombers. We could easily be 5-1 at this point... but no we manage to beat ourselves.

Our secondary is the worst in the CFL. The one positive thing we had last year, was dismantled. I don't care what the stats say... they are useless. How many times are our defenders out of position.. or not looking at the ball... and celebrating a dropped ball... ok Beasley did knock the ball out of Maurice Mann's hands, but the fact that Mann was able to get behind coverage, 30 yards downfield and make a play is disturbing enough.

And did we hear anything from Joe Slow-bedahn last game? Who are the other 2 LB?

Despite the negativity, I really do think the bombers can pull off a win. A nail biter. 27-25 Bombers. With Louie Sakoda kicking the game winning field goal from 37 yards out. Then all Bomber fans will love this guy and forget that he missed 2 earlier field goals in the game.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 13, 2010 02:51 AM

Went to the last regular practice. Buck was hummin. Yeah their DBs were "lost" Craver? was playing receiver! Not sure what management see in those smurf DBs, but....apparently Hefney's about to get cut from Detroit, so he'll automatically give our secondary credibility

Also Jeymeal ? or Beasely were returning kick offs. Those guys can fly, so look for some exciting runbacks. Also that Jemeal guy was at wideout. He looks good for a couple of 50 yard TDs and fast???? Can you say Pfffft? and even Bowman caught all the balls thrown to him.

Plus the Bombers were using what looked like Mike Kelly's "Jet" offence. That Brock Ralph can run

Best of all, they were working on their goal line offence. Look for something special when they get down there..think Kobe Bryant jumpshot.

It was a great practice. I am a firm believer in "you practice like youn play," so like I said, this isgoing to be a big win.

How about them BC Lions??? man they looked like they quit in the middle of the 3rd. Riders went into cruise control, and still demolished the Lions. Pretty sad to see our old boy Geroy sufer through what promises to be a horrible season.

Man talk abou zero line blocking. No wonder Buck got concussed while he played there. Oh well, better them than us.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 13, 2010 06:51 PM

Again...another game... 0 pressure on Glenn. And Joe Slowbedahn was invisible except for one tackle.
Lapolice is retarded for making Pierce start. Designate the guy as a backup, but clearly he's not in game shape. Jyles should have started this game... would the outcome have been different... probably not.

Kavis Reed needs to be punted immediately. How the hell do you allow a 60 yd pass on the 2nd play of the game???! That secondary is short and slow.

And man o man, that's some bad officiating out there. Did they cost the game for Winnipeg? Probably not, but just be consistent. The last Hamilton TD there was tonnes of holding... even the replays showed it... what are the refs watching?

We're not going to win another game till after Labour day.

2 - 7 at the halfway mark. Yikes.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 13, 2010 07:25 PM

Criminy,

That was horrible. How any team can be behind 31-7 after 20 minutes is beyond me. Clearly Kavis Reid, has zero idea how to coach or game plan.

I have never felt so hopeless regarding the Bombers.

Maybe they'll beat BC, but that's it.

Thank God they don't play here for another month, not that they will win that one. It's hopeless

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com