Forums » General » Bumblers vs. Alouettes Thursday Aug 19

Messages for Bumblers vs. Alouettes Thursday Aug 19

Comment Posted by spider Aug 16, 2010 10:38 AM

Man this is beginning to look like that movie "Groundhog Day!".....same thing game after game after game.......

Same Sh*t, different pile!

OK we're a couple days away from Game Day. Quite honestly, if it wasn't for socializing at Bomber games, I don't think I'd bother going. I can't believe it....what have we, as Winnipeggers, done to deserve this?

I mean really, looking back over the last couple years, it ain't been very entertaining...getting downright "who cares.".... and this year we can't even drown our sorrows. Thanks Jim!

Oh well, enough of that.

Well, we get to see Jyles again. On the bright side, the O-line looked better vs Hamilton last game. The Receiver's looked better.........and...and.....OK ....I got out of the parking lot really fast at the end of the game.

But,... we have a "systems" problem on defense. Two wide open receivers within 5 minutes of the opening quarter, and we are down 14-0. Yeah Johnson bit on the out and up....But Khari (Hamilton's coach) must have seen this, the previous game. Then Suber (who looks like a little girl out there...get a damn haircut)gets lost covering Arland Bruce......I mean they can't even compete. Pretty embarassing.

Sorry, I know you've seen it all before.....

OK this week against the Als, who somehow lost to a greatly improved Argo squad, we are in trouble. Look for Calhoun to get 20 balls and become the CFL's leading reciever.

What's the Bomber's defensive Co-ordinator's name? He will have the boys playing a softman or a "break but don't bend" zone, with no one covering the underneath.

That kills me. For the second game in a row, Loban-should be gone, spied the QB (who almost never runs) or covered the back out of the backfield (who they rarely sent out)...Then, traditionally, if the RBack blocks, the LB should blitz. He doesn't he just stands there bouncing up and down. He has one tacjklein the Hamilton game....and maybe 2 this last game.

But again Slowban-should-be -gone just stands at 3 yards bouncing on the spot. That, after two weeks of doing absolutely nothing, tells me it is a "systems" problem. We're wasting an import there. It doesn't matter if you put a baby todler in that position, because, it ain't doing a thing.

Montreal has a wonderful Offense, with a great QB, great receivers a good running back and a mean defense. We are going to get killed!

They even had Bob Hope,Eddie Money and Stevie Wonder do a pre-game concert last game. We on the other hand have no hope, no money and no wonder we lose all the time!

The big story, last week was we didn't have a field goal kicker......well just like last week, it won't matter this week either.

Montreal 63 - Winnipeg 2

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 16, 2010 04:32 PM

63 -2 ? Oh ok a loss is what I predict... but bombers will put up at least 15 points.

37-15 is my guess.

Like I say... we're 2-7 come labour day.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 16, 2010 07:34 PM

We might have a worst record than last year!

I sure hope we bring in adozen or so NFL cuts.

Just saw some interviews with Lapolice and Reed. They are in denial mode . We aren't going to get out of this. Reed sounded like an 8 year old.

Why are we so bad? and now even the Goldeyes suck.......

aggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 17, 2010 05:42 AM

Kavis Dweeb, shouldn't be coaching. Never was a fan of him. Granted our personnel isn't the greatest... but still when veterans are getting torched too .... I question coaching schemes. Perhaps the D is trying to cover for other players (like Ike said after he was released). Who knows. Or maybe we have Mike Kelly type Personality coaching our defense.

All I know is that secondary and LB core are brutal. Maybe we can take the best defenders in Elite and place them in the Bomber secondary!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2010 11:17 AM

Actually the WTFL elete players (and some from the other divs) would be better.

Plus our refs have a better handle on Pass I than the CFL refs.

I've been to a couple practices, and of course being old and a coach I would say the WTFL has about 10 guys (whom if they can stand contact) are better receivers and DBs than what the Bombers have. Of course, tackle does seperate the men from the boys so to speak, but good receivers don't get hit that hard anyway (I did say good receivers)

DB wise, our WTFL may ofour DB guys have better chase angles than the Pros (which is surprising) For a nice example how to play defense, watch the Argos. Technique wise they are pretty good.

Again, the mesh betweem personnel and schemes for the Bombers is off. But, you can only do so much with the hand you're dealt. If Mack doesn't bring in more players, a record of 4 - 14 might be optimistic. I don't see this group winning again with what they got. Other teams are getting better, and Kavis is saying "give the guys time to gel."

Ya can't gel with a MDL LB standing still bouncing up and down on the spot - Your scheme is flawed. PLus if you'e going to blitz, move the DBs around. Take a note from the Assassins playbook - line up in one cover and drop to another,or just move around so the QB's Pres-Snap read is eliminated!!!!

Ya want to learn how to close down passing lanes, call up Bernie Taronno, (now Jeff Kull)he'll explain how to run it.

Damn.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com