Forums » General » Krazzee Plaze # 16 Here's a classic

Messages for Krazzee Plaze # 16 Here's a classic

Comment Posted by spider Aug 20, 2010 07:05 AM

Here's one for the Coach and the official....ok.... and all players who think they know the rule.

Offensive receiver A1 (hasn't washed his uniform) :) runs a short pass pattern across the field while being covered by defender B1. A2 runs a pass pattern and hooks in the path of B1, forcing B1 to break stride and inhibiting B1's coverage of A1.

Given the description....what's the call?

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 20, 2010 08:27 AM

Isn't this a form of a pick play? Its hard to determine though if A2 did it intentionally. Regardless, that would be remote zone pass interference the offense.

Comment Posted by cwentz Aug 20, 2010 08:50 AM

Sounds like a good play, I'll add it to the book lol. I think it's no penalty as long as the recievers are running "football routes" and not running right into the defender. Correct me if I'm wrong but defense has to let offense run a clean route, so a short route and a hook is no penalty, but I rarley get these right lol

Chris

Comment Posted by spider Aug 23, 2010 06:02 AM

Yup it's a pick play. and.............depending on the picker A2's action. A2 did do this intentionally, but how he does it determines if it is Pass I!!!

IT isn't always Pass I.

If A2 hadn't run a hook pattern, that is stopping and looking back to the QB, then it would have been Pass I. So, yup, if A2 runs the hook pattern and looks back at the QB, even though he gets in B's way, it is legal.

Also B1 must be moving towards A1 to have a "pick" called.

The rule further offers this comment:

B1 is entitled to that path, and A2 is interfering with it. It is possible that this situation might be an unintentional collision; however the offense must allow the defender 2-3 steps to adjust....if this does not occur, it is a "pick" and this called as pass interference in the remote zone.

Keep in mind, that the ref has to see all this happen. Quite often, if he only sees the collision, and doesn't know who got where first,or who hit who, he can call nothing, and a successful illegal pick has been performed. I don't think too many refs will call it.

So Chris and Capt Woody you guys were sort of correct, on this very difficult question. Congratulations!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com